Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
No, there is one. He takes a wage cut.
It's pointless pal. Laporta said it himself that he'll need to take a pay cut if he wants to stay, and yes I know he doesn't have too and could stay on his current contract, but if he was to do that, Barca would literally make him enemy number 1, no question.

He doesn't want a pay cut, and likely won't take one either, so he's either staying on his current contract, which he is fully entitled to do, albeit unwise to do so, or he's leaving after they sort everything out

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
It's pointless pal. Laporta said it himself that he'll need to take a pay cut if he wants to stay, and yes I know he doesn't have too and could stay on his current contract, but if he was to do that, Barca would literally make him enemy number 1, no question.

He doesn't want a pay cut, and likely won't take one either, so he's either staying on his current contract, which he is fully entitled to do, albeit unwise to do so, or he's leaving after they sort everything out
I know I'm just at a loose end today :wenger:

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
What we see from this is Barca have absolutely done a number on him. He didn't take a pay cut, he defered his wage.

From what I have read, they reduced his salary to help during covid and the £17m owed was to be paid from this season until the end of his contract through his salary.

Which is why, his salary is reported to be 300k plus this season and even more next season. Obviously, barca cannot afford that which is why they want to sell him but they don't owe him money because he signed the deal.

Now he wants Barca to pay the money he feels he is owed and Barca just want to sell him so they dont need to pay those high wages.

I cannot see how this is resolved.
It's an absolute mess. I think when the money from the second lever comes, Barca might make him a good offer to pay off what he feels he's owed, meaning he leaves the club.

Whether or not they actually do that, or just get giddy and go on a spending spree remains to be seen

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
The club have said themselves with regards the Eriksen signing:

"It's not just about getting players in, it's about getting the right players in"

Think Pep at Bayern "I only want Thiago"

Tielemans, Never COULD be improvements on Fred and Mctominay but there is no guarantee they are the right players for the way we want to play going forward.

If you want a Messi but he won't come you don't sign an Andy Carroll.

You can't accept we were poor last season with no style of play or chemistry and criticise the current set up for only wanting the right players for the way we want to play going forward. Such knee jerk reaction is why we ended up in this mess in the first place.
:lol: You don’t sign Andy Carroll even if you want Andy Carroll to be fair :lol:

AlexUTD

He can say publicly he wants to stay though, something he hasn't done amongst all the speculation and pressure.
Maybe he could but it could hurt his case to get his money is what i have read atleast.

Simply cause Barca *ideally* need him off the books.

I don't believe FDJ wants to leave though.

FDJ doesn't have to leave, Barca can't force him either though so we continue on arguing like muppets.
It is your right to doubt FDJ and i understand you.

BUT i refuse to believe that Ten Hag and the club would chase someone not willing to come, maybe under Woodward but not now! :wenger:

Keefy18

Not the same situation. We all know there are complications due to his contract situation.
And its in his best interests to stay put to receive that money isn't it?

If he leaves, he ain't getting anything.. unless Barca fold and pay, at least a good portion of it.

As another poster pointed out above, they aren't even doing anything to freeze him out. He's part of the tour, going to play, he's not been left behind, not being ignored... life is carrying on.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I admit a lot of what I say is guesswork or opinion. I don't know the ins and outs of the transfer, but I'm pretty certain that what is being fed to the media is nothing like what's being said behind closed doors.
This applies to most of us fella. The speculating is what makes transfers such fun. But it’s an educated rational guess based on info available rather than a headless belief of every bit of crap published on Twitter.

Berbaclass

It is your right to doubt FDJ and i understand you.

BUT i refuse to believe that Ten Hag and the club would chase someone not willing to come, maybe under Woodward but not now! :wenger:
Exactly. For someone who seems absolutely impeccable with detail and meticulous in preparation it strikes me as odd he is just wasting his time on this. Just doesn't match what we know of his character.

We need an rvn

Well from all accounts he doesn't want to reduce his wages anymore and Barca have already said he has too if he wants to stay. The narrative is building now - Stay at the club you love but on less money, or be a mercenary and chase the cash.

When he does leave, it'll be framed as he left the club he loves because he cares more for the money
They (Barca and their PR) can spin it all they want - apart from possibly the barca fans who would argue if he loved us that much why didn't he take a pay cut and write off the money owed - I'd like to think that most of those in the football world or who follow football know what Barca have done and are doing to their players

Berbaclass

And its in his best interests to stay put to receive that money isn't it?

If he leaves, he ain't getting anything.. unless Barca fold and pay, at least a good portion of it.

As another poster pointed out above, they aren't even doing anything to freeze him out. He's part of the tour, going to play, he's not been left behind, not being ignored... life is carrying on.
If he stays he gets his money. So he is free to come out and state that he wants to stay.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Barca gonna Barca :lol:
Of of course... they'll be making all these plans of essential stuff that needs sorting, the money will land in their bank and Laporta will be like:

"Lads, lads it's here!! Get Mendes on the phone... now you idiot! €80m for Silva, make it happen! Kounde, yeah Kounde, Get him in too! Azpilicueta? Alonso, screw it, we hit the jackpot boys! Get all the players! Oh and someone order an all you can eat feast, were celebrating today!"

ekestubbe

Yup so there is no exploring other options, it's a case that he either takes a big pay cut to stay, or he's sold to "help the club"
Except he can't be forced to do either. The current contract both he and Barcelona signed is still legally binding.

AlexUTD

Exactly. For someone who seems absolutely impeccable with detail and preparation it strikes me as odd he is just wasting his time on this. Just doesn't match what we know of his character.
Excatly! Ten Hag is not the guy who wants players that dont want to play for him,from what i read he is pretty ruthless when it comes to getting rid of players not buying into his tactics or want to fight for the team.

Keefy18

If he stays he gets his money. So he is free to come out and state that he wants to stay.
And he has and I'm confident he will again once the cameras are before him again on the tour asking questions.

TBF he has been on holiday and literally arrived back to jump on a flight out of Spain.

They've a game in 2 days and then Real in 6 days. I expect we'll get a quote by Real at the latest stating his happiness again with Barca.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Except he can't be forced to do either. The current contract both he and Barcelona signed is still legally binding.
As I've said above many times, he can stay on his current deal and he has every right to do so, even if the consequences are dire for Barca. It was Laporta that said he needs to accept a pay cut to stay.

I don't think it'll get that far though, a resolution will come soon and he'll move on I imagine

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
It could be, but would he risk it in his first make or break season at United chasing ghosts? i highly doubt it mate.
If he messes up his first transfer window, it's not going to make a good impression with the board is it? They'd probably take more control of upcoming windows

Keefy18

Or he's literally given him his word. Both are very possible.
How can he give him his word on a situation he can't control?

"Erik, I will join once I will receive money I am owed".

No certainty he'll get that, he can ask / demand Barca pay up, but they won't and I think you know it.

Berbaclass

And he has and I'm confident he will again once the cameras are before him again on the tour asking questions.

TBF he has been on holiday and literally arrived back to jump on a flight out of Spain.

They've a game in 2 days and then Real in 6 days. I expect we'll get a quote by Real at the latest stating his happiness again with Barca.
I'm confident he won't because he'd have done it already.

He literally liked a post on Instagram yesterday saying he's unhappy with Barcelona. It takes two minutes to post something, ending all speculation for good and he can fully concentrate on his career at Barca.

Once again he hasn't done this.

Berbaclass

How can he give him his word on a situation he can't control?

"Erik, I will join once I will receive money I am owed".

No certainty he'll get that, he can ask / demand Barca pay up, but they won't and I think you know it.
That's not the discussion though. The discussion is that he must have indicated to Ten Hag in some way he's interested for us to still pursue.

Bestietom

How the bloody hell can everything be agreed with Barcelona and then he goes on tour with them. They have also signed 4 or 5 players and can't afford to pay him his defered payments. Crazy?

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

He literally liked a post on Instagram yesterday saying he's unhappy with Barcelona. It takes two minutes to post something, ending all speculation for good and he can fully concentrate on his career at Barca.

If asked anything on his future I'd say he'll likely ignore it, change the question or just say I can't talk about it or something to that effect. If he wants to shut it down for good, he'll take that opportunity but my guess is he really wont

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
How the bloody hell can everything be agreed with Barcelona and then he goes on tour with them. They have also signed 4 or 5 players and can't afford to pay him his defered payments. Crazy?
Levers... magical, crazy levers that give Barca mucho cash... temporary cash all be it but enough to lead them into a false sense of security.

Plus FdJ is still their player so he can go on tour with them if they so desire him too

Berbaclass

If asked anything on his future I'd say he'll likely ignore it, change the question or just say I can't talk about it or something to that effect. If he wants to shut it down for good, he'll take that opportunity but my guess is he really wont
I don't think he'll even get put in front of a camera. Either Barca or his agent will advise him otherwise if indeed there is a standoff on the money.

Keefy18

He was on holiday as I've said.

On a plane then to the States.

Keefy18

That's not the discussion though. The discussion is that he must have indicated to Ten Hag in some way he's interested for us to still pursue.
It is the discussion it is *THEE* discussion.

It's what is holding up the transfer isn't it? Money owed?

C3Pique

15 more pages and the situation hasn't changed? This thread should be locked until there's actual news. It's in the top 3 posts every time I log in, I get excited only to have to scroll through pages of the exact same posts over and over again.

Bestietom

Levers... magical, crazy levers that give Barca mucho cash... temporary cash all be it but enough to lead them into a false sense of security.

Plus FdJ is still their player so he can go on tour with them if they so desire him too
Why would they wish for him to go if they don't want him. If he picks up an injury the deal could be off. Anyways I think we are taking a big risk if he doesn't really want to come here.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
It seems the UK press are saying one thing and the Spanish another. Who's playing them off against each other?

I mean ita clear that Sport talks crap and shouldn't be believed at all, but still.
The only British journalist I would listen to is David Orstein. And you’re right Sky does talk a lot of crap especially this Keveh and Dharmesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.