Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

I feel if this transfer drags on he will tell Barca I'm nor going then come the end of the window, he's forced out and goes to another Club.
I hope they sort a deal out and quick, ETH is the pull for him nothing else would want him to leave Barca , we all know they need to sell this is a begrudgingly transfer on FDJ part . So let's do it sharpish.
Yeah Erik is our only trump card who can make this happen before we go on tour

Trophy Room

Call me crazy but I like the climate in the NW of England. Nothing too extreme, pretty mild all year round. Yes it can be grey and wet quite a bit but not nearly as much as people make out.

Great conditions for football. Who wants to run around in 30 degree heat.
Exactly. It’s not that bad.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
The lack of speed in this transfer coupled with nothing else happening has killed my hype I have to say. We should be knee deep in transfer action by now.

redcucumber

Has there ever been a transfer story with this many people commenting about how bored they are with it?!

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Has there ever been a transfer story with this many people commenting about how bored they are with it?!
Yep the Sancho signing got to a point were it felt depressing

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Slowly Slowly Man United, Slowly Slowly Man United, Slowly Slowly Man United and the reds go tip toe in.

Suedesi

I do laugh at Spanish arrogance sometimes. They forget that they were a country with basically 3rd world infrastructure before they got EU money.
Such a hot take. For a player obviously weather is important, it’s not like he’s an office worker stuck in a cube all day.

DSG

Quit fooling around because I know you are not stupid to understand that my post was referring to Schone the guy who was FDJ's partner in 18/19 playing in ten Hag system which aka our current manager right now. We are not playing in Lampard or Ole or Ralf system. We are playing in ten Hag system right now so the midfield ''style'' discussion was based on how ten Hag wants to build by using what he has built as reference.
And my point is that Donny is not physical enough or defensively disciplined enough to play alongside Frenkie in a 4-2-3-1 in the PL. It’s one thing to play Schone vs Groningen or Heracles or even Vitesse or Twente. It’s completely another to play Donny there against real competition in the PL. Ffs, most of the Eredivise loses money every year, the market cap of teams is minute compared to the PL teams. The market cap / value of Sparta Rotterdam, which finished 14th, is literally €14m. Their biggest transfer in the history of the club is €484k… By comparison, Aston Villa’s market cap/value (14th this last season) is €433m with a record signing of 42m… It’s night and day mate.

Let’s not be naive and pretend that the quality of opposition is the same. It’s not. In the Eredivise, we can all agree that you can play Schone next to FDJ. But in the PL, this is a different level.

Revaulx

It’s called the rainy city for a reason! There’s undoubtedly more grey days there than anywhere else I’ve lived in the UK. As I said doesn’t stop it being great though.
Glasgow is even duller and wetter. Bradford is just as bad.

London is significantly warmer and drier. Like, a lot.

sherrinford

mctominay? Fred? VDB?

Haven't you seen enough of them over the years ffs?
When the alternative is pairing De Jong with a less complementary new player? No. And we've not seen a lot of Van de Beek at all. Nor have we really seen an excessive amount of either Fred or McTominay with a holding midfielder.

And my point is that Donny is not physical enough or defensively disciplined enough to play alongside Frenkie in a 4-2-3-1 in the PL. It’s one thing to play Schone vs Groningen or Heracles or even Vitesse or Twente. It’s completely another to play Donny there against real competition in the PL. Ffs, most of the Eredivise loses money every year, the market cap of teams is minute compared to the PL teams. The market cap / value of Sparta Rotterdam, which finished 14th, is literally €14m. Their biggest transfer in the history of the club is €484k… By comparison, Aston Villa’s market cap/value (14th this last season) is €433m with a record signing of 42m… It’s night and day mate.

Let’s not be naive and pretend that the quality of opposition is the same. It’s not. In the Eredivise, we can all agree that you can play Schone next to FDJ. But in the PL, this is a different level.
What about Bayern, Juventus and Real Madrid in the Champions League? Is the current Premier League so much stronger than the level of opposition were for that side in Europe?

Blood Mage

Honestly the most exciting thing about him is how well he does the basics, he knows when to keep it simple. We don't have many of those players at the club nowadays.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Pumped my fist in the air for this and my wife asked wtf I'm so happy about. After about three seconds of explaining she changed the subject.

She did the EXACT same thing when a documentary about the Falkland Islands came on the other day. I've never seen someone so bored. Who wants the Falklands? Argentina. Who comes from Argentina?

Bad omens.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Van Gaal has obviously been telling Frenkie about them WINGS

Status
Not open for further replies.