Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
To be perfectly hosts United seems to be the common denominator in drawn out public transfer sagas...
Anyway, as long as we get the player... this summer!
Yeah that’s true. We need to push this through and get on with the rest of our summer.

Coops73

How are they treating him badly? They are publicly saying he is very much appreciated and wanted to stay. His manager (a football legend) wants him to stay. He earns millions even taking into consideration the deferred wages and lives in one of the best cities to live in the world.

Poor Frenkie...
If the reports are true that they’re asking him to take a pay cut after deferring some of his wages because of covid then yeah, they are taking the piss, what he earns is really irrelevant, they signed the contract with him to pay him X amount, now they need to pony up they’re trying to get him to take another cut? And by all accounts he ain’t the only one and YET they’re still trying to buy players.

Mes que un wankers.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
How are they treating him badly? They are publicly saying he is very much appreciated and wanted to stay. His manager (a football legend) wants him to stay. He earns millions even taking into consideration the deferred wages and lives in one of the best cities to live in the world.

Poor Frenkie...
They're clearly trying to create a narrative that he is on too much wages and he should do the honourable thing and reduce what hes on. This will paint him as some mercenary when he leaves the club.

It's so obviously clear what they're doing.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
If the reports are true that they’re asking him to take a pay cut after deferring some of his wages because of covid then yeah, they are taking the piss, what he earns is really irrelevant, they signed the contract with him to pay him X amount, now they need to pony up they’re trying to get him to take another cut? And by all accounts he ain’t the only one and YET they’re still trying to buy players.

Mes que un wankers.

FerociousCorgis

Where are all the people who were mocking those frustrated by our transfer business? A week into July and a back up full back signed, while the window and ten Hags plans seem to hinge on the most protracted signing of the summer. Our top scorer, diva that he is, is reportedly so unimpressed that he thinks we can't challenge next season and from the positions most fans agree we most need to improve : RB, CB, DM, RW and FW, we haven't signed anybody and likely won't in all of those spots.

We may still have a decent window, but its hard to see any change between this and previous windows, especially if Dybala rumours are true
Yeah I understand the long term outlook but I'm at this point as well. People were getting mocked because "it was barely June" and now July is starting to trickle by and still so many holes. If we don't get fdj and lose Ronaldo we will need to add several quality players or this will be the worst united squad I can ever remember in my lifetime

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Why Barca would need to do that? I understand such play in the case of Messi to calm down the fans.
However, FdJ wasn't that influential or a fan darling. I think most fans will be happy Raphina and Silva joining, and won't shed much tears, if FdJ is leaving
Still, no club president in a fan elected role wants to be known for letting their best players go. Fans might not shed a tear now but if he leaves and shines elsewhere then I think they'll be pretty annoyed.

Plus he needs to be showing that he's willing to keep all of Barcas best/promising players there. He's not going to come out and say FdJ is for sale is he? Bit like we've not with Ronaldo but you know behind the scenes we're likely very open to him going. Barca NEED de Jong to go. He won't accept a pay cut or another deferral so if he stays, it'll be a nightmare for them.

If they publicly say they want him to stay they can say he needs to cut his salary, nothing stopping them saying you need to cut by 50% and waive €xM from your deferred pay. They know he won't accept that at all, but they can say they put an offer on the table and he said no

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
This is the crux of it.

We’ve not seen anything contrary to this recently either

Simon Stone confirmed this today

And if anyone was to know if the deal had collapsed and we'd walked away, I'd imagine that it'd be stone and the BBC

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
What. A. Club.

Disgusting attitude to have
You think a club should bend over to a players salary demands instead?... Isn't that what got them into the mess they are in now?

Laurencio

This is the crux of it.

We’ve not seen anything contrary to this recently either

Simon Stone confirmed this today

Laporta is such a predictable dickhead.

You think a club should bend over to a players salary demands instead?... Isn't that what got them into the mess they are in now?
What got them into the mess they are in now is that in order to win elections the presidents promised certain players, and wound up giving them deals that were far beyond their capacity in order to fight off interest from petrodollar clubs.

AdNani

Dembele's case is different as he's out of contract, but that's not what there doing with everyone else, they've signed legal contracts, Barca are now asking players to reduce the salary of the contracts they've already signed, or deferring payments on said contracts, so they can register shiny new toys for big money.

they are a joke. hope we never do business with them again.

Cassidy

Dembele's case is different as he's out of contract, but that's not what there doing with everyone else, they've signed legal contracts, Barca are now asking players to reduce the salary of the contracts they've already signed, or deferring payments on said contracts, so they can register shiny new toys for big money.

they are a joke. hope we never do business with them again.
Maybe get your facts straight before the faux outrage.

Cassidy

In the case of Frenkie they overextended themselves to stop him going to PSG.
Yes and they should not have done so, and the renewal that the previous management gave him is insanse too.
Club attempting to get its wage bill in order and that's the right thing

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
yes, people were used to Bartomeu with whom the players could write their own salary in their contract. It's something new, that a Barcelona president set a wage limit.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
To be perfectly honest United seem to be the common denominator in drawn out public transfer sagas...
Anyway, as long as we get the player... this summer!
That's because we don't follow other club transfers so closely.

Every tweet is discussed and dissected, every transfer is a saga.

DSG

I love it when posts like this keep insisting “Just walk away” like there an easy alternative to snap up immediately. Especially considering he’s the key player ETH is insistent he wants in order to build the team around.

If we walk away, you’ll be one of the first ones complaining during the season when we still have McFred comedy act. You’ll be saying Feck the Glazers for not backing the manager.
It’s not the money mate. The player doesn’t really want to leave. That’s been widely reported.

I would rather suffer through McFred for 4 months, get our fecking act together and scout players we need who want to come here, buy them in the January window than overpay for a CM, both transfer fees and wages, who doesn’t really want to play for us. Didn’t we just finally get rid of a underperforming, overpaid CM?

I say feck the Glazers for being absolute gits, devoid of intelligence and leadership. If ETH can only make this work with Frenkie De Jong, with no other options, no plan B, not a single player who can play the role he needs FDJ to play, then we are in a shitload of trouble.

Orange Tree

We should walk away and call out their bluff.

We can always come back for him in a year or two. The way we are so fixated on some players is the reason we overpaid so much.

Adamsk7

I mean I know Barcelona is a nice place to live (if you’re rich) and the club has great history, but who the feck would want to play for this sinking ship? They completely undermine their players, ask them to take massive pay cuts or deferrals (it doesn’t matter that they earn millions, nobody should be made to take 50%+ pay cuts when you have a contract) and they publicly lie. They also sign players and act like nothing is happening despite said pay cuts and debt.

They can’t continue like this - if I were them I’d sell the ones on massive wages who are worth some cash and use that famous academy. Accept there’s probably not gonna be any Champions League winning for a few years and get on with it, using their pull to attract free agents and young players

Status
Not open for further replies.