Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The only thing we have over them is the dutch connection factor. Could be true he prefers them. IF chelsea are really interested that is.
Really ????

Yes, last season was a mess by our own (falling) standards. Let's not forget Utd is still a massive draw for a lot of players. Utd are where Liverpool were only a few years ago. Really boil's my pish when I see comments like the only thing we have over them is XYZ.....................

acnumber9

Sterling? He is a guaranteed starter. We signed a back up LB and a good player in Eriksen who may just be rotating with Bruno.
They haven’t actually signed him though. He’s as near to signing for them as Eriksen is for us.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
The negative shite sources keep getting posted and believed. Surely there should be some level of quality control.
Didn't this whole thing start from Romero in the first place? And now it's the same source delivering the Chelsea news. I don't think you can take one without the other sadly.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The negative shite sources keep getting posted and believed. Surely there should be some level of quality control.
Relevo ffs. Sounds like a banking app or something

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Bit like the Atlantic, and they aren't exactly 100% reliable. Funny how these sources haven't had any other info though. Who knows... let's see what the UK journos say
Kinda like the athletic yes. First time i heard of them i searched "relevo reliable" on twitter, and it was pretty unanimous. They're arguably considered the best in Spain now. Its 3 or 4 of the best spanish journos, working together, essentially

bosskeano

I don't know who this guy is but it's positive so I'm taking it as 100% truthful!
it's clear with recent comments from Laporta that this leaked Chelsea interest is another tactic used by Barcelona to push Frenkie out the door while trying to get as much out of United as possible.

Frenkie should agree to the 3.5m buyout of back wages and whatever monies owed to him by Barca should be taken out of the fee and used as a signing bonus for Frenkie paid by United

Suv666

If Ten Haag is in constant contact with FDJ as the media claims surely he'll just ask FDJ about Chelsea

Not a very effective bargaining tool by Barcelona if its indeed that.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Really ????

Yes, last season was a mess by our own (falling) standards. Let's not forget Utd is still a massive draw for a lot of players. Utd are where Liverpool were only a few years ago. Really boil's my pish when I see comments like the only thing we have over them is XYZ.....................
Mate, we've had a decade of utter failure and we've just had the worst season in any current footballer's living memory.

We've got a top manager in, but our best player is wanting out and we've hardly set the world alight in trying to counteract our dire situation in recent weeks.

I think there has to be some reality now that our appeal without CL football is not where it was, even a few years ago.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Kinda like the athletic yes. First time i heard of them i searched "relevo reliable" on twitter, and it was pretty unanimous. They're arguably considered the best in Spain now
Probably not a good idea to go on twitter and search, as a lot of them saying they're reliable will likely be Chelsea fans or people who are trying to big them up.

As per everyone else on twitter, they'll say whatever they can for clicks and traffic

Jazzy2890

The timing seems really convenient. A day after reports come out about how much barca owe FDJ, Chelsea are now interested??

Just seems like another attempt at deflecting the narrative away from Barcelona and its finances. It happened last week as well when the news broke a 'broad agreement' had been reached, all of a sudden "we want him to stay" was the party line

mctrials23

Would love Frenkie here but he shouldn't let Barca off a penny of the money that they owe him. They either pay him that money and he leaves and they save on the rest of the money they would have paid in wages or he stays and they have to find a huge amount of money they don't have along with no transfer fee for him.

Can't blame Barca for trying it on but god I hope Frenkie tells them where to stick it.

Mmm-Qatarian

Honestly, who the feck knows what stage this transfer is at right now? At the moment, the only news about Chelsea's interest has almost definitely come from Barca's side; that could be genuine or it could be a ploy to get us to pay up.

Even if Chelsea are interested, though, that isn't necessarily a guarantee that De Jong will pick them over us. He might deem the Champions League football to be the deciding factor, or he might value his relationship with Ten Hag as a better long-term bet.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
MItten saying we've had two bids rejected, Barca posturing, expects FDJ to go on tour with Barca and that it will drag on.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
MItten saying we've had two bids rejected, Barca posturing, expects FDJ to go on tour with Barca and that it will drag on.
So who's lying... Romero, Romano and the BBC who say we've got a deal agreed in principle subject to add ons, or Mitten saying we've had 2 bids rejected

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Laurie Whitwell suggests (possibly more opinion) that Barca and United are disagreeing over who pays the outstanding wages.

Mmm-Qatarian

The longer you take to close a deal, the more chance another club comes in

Had a quick check on the Barca subreddit and Toni Juanmarti is rated tier 3, the same rating that Jamie Jackson gets for United. Logically, then, you'd apply equal weight to this report as you would to Jackson's claiming we're "still confident we'll get De Jong".

At this stage, I really don't know what to believe personally.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
So who's lying... Romero, Romano and the BBC who say we've got a deal agreed in principle subject to add ons, or Mitten saying we've had 2 bids rejected
Don't think those things contradict each other. Agreeing on a base fee could still lead to rejected bids if the addons aren't satisfactory for Barca

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Why is that tweet above crashing my phone ffs

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Laurie Whitwell suggests (possibly more opinion) that Barca and United are disagreeing over who pays the outstanding wages.
Why will ManUtd pay good outstanding wages, maybe they should reduce the transfer fee so that those wages can be cleared.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Seems to be the case from a good few sources.

Why the feck they think United should pay the outstanding wages is absolute insanity, but....don't these guys owe Messi some £60mill and Pique £40mill? That's just off the top of my head as well, I assume there's a lot more we don't know about!

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
So barca want us to pay wages for the years he's played for barca? That club :lol:

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
The longer you take to close a deal, the more chance another club comes in

In fairness, by the sounds of it I'm not really sure how we could have gotten this one to move along at a faster pace.

What we realistically should have done is be far more proactive regarding other targets/prepared to compete for more first team improvements than simply FdJ.

I don't think anyone else we've been linked to immediately walks into our starting XI, which is perhaps a reason both FdJ and Ronaldo supposedly have cold-feet on our project right now.

vanderpants

God I'm bored of this deal now, everyday more crap tweets and never anything positive , I've goto the point now were I'm not even bothered anymore

Esquire

The separate issue is not that of not buying a player of FDJ quality, but that if you buy another player then you have to recruit other positions, that would not necessarily be required if you get FdJ. It's not a simple factor of saying if we don't buy FdJ just buy X player who is not quite as good. I am assuming based on how he has set up teams before that he thinks bringing FdJ means he does not have to replace other players in the squad. For example if he brings in Tielemans instead, he then has to bring in other players to that midfield. If you bring in Neves you have to have a ball carrying, progressive midfielder, etc.

ETH has shown he is more than capable of constructing teams, based on players he has in the squad, one has to assume that his initial thought is that bringing in FdJ means he doesnt have to spend in other areas. Getting Neves/Tielemans/Ruiz etc would require not just the investment for that player, but other midfield investment.
That’s a good analysis but at some point we have to walk away from a hijacking or robbery. We can’t pay over the odds for a player, who by all accounts doesn’t even want to really come.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
So Barca want 80m euros AND us to pay the wages they still owe FDJ? hahaha.

That club really is deluded. As much as I want him, no chance should we let them take the piss like that. If we miss out, so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.