Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

r1z3mu

Deal is not happening!
No, I don't have any sources. And I will not repost twitter posers pretending to have "sources". I just use common sense logic.

On a side note I want to help get to 2000 pages in this thread ;)

dove

Deal is happening!
No, I don't have any sources. And I will not repost twitter posers pretending to have "sources". I just use common sense logic.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Deal is maybe happening!

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
The quotes from Whitwell and Ornstein are from the podcast and seem more like opinions rather than anything else. They just say it seems dead, but I'm sure if he was to move we'd be involved. As it is Barce seem happy to keep him as long as they can sell somebody else so of course he'll stay

izec

Dead in the water. There is a reason we paid the 70m for Casemiro. Hope we buy another midfielder though.

OrcaFat

Deal is not happening!

Yes it is!

appleman

Supports
Atletico Madrid
The amount for Casemiro + possibly Antony suggests this deal will not happen, but the profile of Casemiro wouldn’t at all. Yes Frenkie is a ‘sort of DM/CM’ type but their role in the team couldn’t be further apart. Casemiro would be comparable to Schøne or Alvarez in ETH’s Ajax squads, Frenkie was replaced more by Gravenberch (though with some tactical changes sending Gravenberch a bit more forward).

With the team looking somewhere between 4-1-2-3 and 4-2-3-1, I assume Casemiro will be either the RDM/RCM in a 2, or the anchor behind two other midfielders. Frenkie would be either the LDM/LCM in the 2 and otherwise compete with Fred or Eriksen on the left of the 1-2 midfield. Somehow Frenkie would slot in LCB before he’d be ETH’s anchor man (the way I’ve seen Erik put his teams together at Ajax and Utrecht, and especially the way he deployed Frenkie)

——

Can’t wait to see this Schrödinger solved next week.
This thread starting to turn me as empty as a Romero quote

OrcaFat

Deal is happening!

No it isn’t!

OrcaFat

Deal is not happening!

Deal is happening!

How’s that post count coming, team?

appleman

Supports
Atletico Madrid
Deal is maybe happening!

the outcome of the deal is an absolute certainty!

OrcaFat

Deal is maybe happening!

Maybe it isn’t!

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Deal is not happening!

Reported

Deal is happening!

Liked

Teja

Guys, Barca aren't going to sell FdJ w/o signing Bilva. City basically ruled out Bilva leaving this window because it's too late so common sense says this is impossible at this point.

OrcaFat

Guys, Barca aren't going to sell FdJ w/o signing Bilva. City basically ruled out Bilva leaving this window because it's too late so common sense says this is impossible at this point.
Yes but we don’t have any common sense.

DevilRed

We're going to break the internet when we sign FDJ and Antony next week.

How many of you will have a cry wank to Murtoughs picture?

RedorDead21

If he stays and takes the pay cut doesnt he surrender the deferred wages too? Whereas he could come to us and stay on 350k+ a week. Okay, he still loses the 17m but its not looking like hes getting it either way!
Anyone who accepts to write off 17m is absolutely nuts. If he stays it’s because they’ve agreed to pay him that.

jokervn91

Many "common sense" told me that Casemiro wouldn't sign for us. Many deemed the deal was ridiculous and impossible. Look what happened.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
1700 pages. The beatings will continue until morale improves (and we reach 2000)
I don't think morale is an issue. This thread made thiago thread looks so childish. Peak Muppetry.. I think when it's all finally over it will go on to another 500 pages of dissection and forensic analysis.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Will we keep this thread open for the inevitable 'Frenkie to us in the winter window' clamor or will we start a new one?

Status
Not open for further replies.