Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiki-Taka

The latest is United have agreed a deal with Barca for FdJ. That was two months ago, somewhere around page 400 of this thread. Since then, no updates (except for United spending massive money on an alternative midfield target - Casemiro).
You’re saying it’s definitely happening?

Ted Lasso

Seems like there are lots of things being made up in the last few days of the window.
To be honest, United have been pretty good at keeping things underwraps this summer, and i'm really not complaining about it at all. I prefer that to all the leaks that were geting our hopes up and then having them dashed quickly
Yup. It's a curated roller coaster for clicks. There's usually one source close to the agent or player that's the only reliable inside pov with these transfers. Sometimes it's just to drum up a better contract but other times it's solid. The dutch journo has been coy on FDJ to United all window long, but without ever saying it's over. That's all the Muppet juice I need

Charlie Foley

FDJ is owed 17m in deferred wages, his asking fee is around £70m and there's 7 days left in the transfer window. Lucky number 7 indeed.

Coincidence? I think not.
Lucky number 17, this is why you never trust a task.

otherwise I like your moxy, especially that bit about the wages :drool:

Charlie Foley

180 pages in 6 days?

Hard but doable!

He is ours, just a matter of time!
That would be 1.25 pages (50 posts), plus whatever is left on this page , each hour.

Frenkie wears 21 for Barca and for the Netherlands.
21 +21 =42.
With Casemiro and Bruno as starters we still need an 8.
42+8=50.

my friends the universe is telling us something.

(it’s telling us 1720+180 doesn’t get us to 2000)

leon24

Just have the urge to contribute a post to this record breaking thread, at least I can tell my grandkids of this proud achievement in my life.

frostbite

That would be 1.25 pages (50 posts), plus whatever is left on this page , each hour.

Frenkie wears 21 for Barca and for the Netherlands.
21 +21 =42.
With Casemiro and Bruno as starters we still need an 8.
42+8=50.

my friends the universe is telling us something.

(it’s telling us 1720+180 doesn’t get us to 2000)
180 is better than 280 when you need more posts! Do you agree?

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I find it disconcerting when people say that this clearly done deal isn’t happening. Weirdos

Charlie Foley

Just last week we look fukked, fukked, fukked
Midfield sucked, sucked, sucked,
All summer long,
Let us sign de Jong

Knightmare7

This thread is worse than the last season of Ozark. Nothing happening, just chalking off episodes, everyone disappointed in the ending
I have proudly been part of this muppetry and will continue to be, but it’s quite bond coming back here and seeing the same 4 users exchanging unfunny song lyrics so we can reach 2000 pages:boring:

Charlie Foley

I have proudly been part of this muppetry and will continue to be, but it’s quite bond coming back here and seeing the same 4 users exchanging unfunny song lyrics so we can reach 2000 pages:boring:
Sorry to hear you’re Bond. More of a Jason Bourne guy personally

frostbite

Dearly beloved
We are gathered here today
To get through this thing called "life"
Electric word, life
It means forever and that's a mighty long time
But I'm here to tell you there's something else
The de Jong
A world of never ending happiness
You can always see de Jong, day or night

Let's go crazy (woo)
Let's go crazy
Let's go crazy
Let's go crazy

Charlie Foley

Worth watching? I have watched & enjoyed Breaking Bad / Better Call Saul & Dexter over the last 10 years, can't think of anything else.
Ultimately, no I don’t think so. It is really good at first but the last season just massively shit the bed and made such little sense it destroyed a lot of character progression. And I don’t think it’s a show that has a real stand alone story arc in seasons the same way something like 24 did where it’s ok to just cut out watching after a while

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
This thread is worse than the last season of Ozark. Nothing happening, just chalking off episodes, everyone disappointed in the ending
This is more like Dragon Ball, where three minutes of action are stretched out over 8 episodes. At the end though, we'll have our blonde super hero and the big bad Laporta will be defeated

Fanta Stick

Ultimately, no I don’t think so. It is really good at first but the last season just massively shit the bed and made such little sense it destroyed a lot of character progression. And I don’t think it’s a show that has a real stand alone story arc in seasons the same way something like 24 did where it’s ok to just cut out watching after a while
I will pass then. Don't remember anyone in my small circle talking about it - not that I should necessarily draw any inference.

Status
Not open for further replies.