Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

lex talionis

This time tomorrow it will be all over. Thank gawd.
Why “Thank gawd”?

Whatever happens by this time tomorrow is it not the case that this thread is epic and has brought us together as a happy family of United supporters? We’re from all over the world, a buddy of mine who posts here is from Australia. I’m from California. One poster is from Kalsruhe, where I once spent half an hour switching trains from Lucerne to Paris. Other glorious United supporters and a few Barca and Chelsea supporters making their contributions to the epic thread. What is there to not love about that?

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Why “Thank gawd”?

Whatever happens by this time tomorrow is it not the case that this thread is epic and has brought us together as a happy family of United supporters? We’re from all over the world, a buddy of mine who posts here is from Australia. I’m from California. One poster is from Kalsruhe, where I once spent half an hour switching trains from Lucerne to Paris. Other glorious United supporters and a few Barca and Chelsea supporters making their contributions to the epic thread. What is there to not love about that?
Isn't that the point of the internet though?

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Why “Thank gawd”?

Well said. There is a sacred unity in hope

lex talionis

Isn't that the point of the internet though?
That’s my point. I’ve been on other forums, some large and some small — and I hope this acknowledgment doesn’t disqualify me but I’m also on RedIssue (which is a pale shadow of RedCafe) — and the caf blows all all other forums I e been on since the mid 2000s. The point is to put your ideas, your banter or whatever, and have fun with it. Apart from personal or racial abuse, I say bring it in on, baby. Bring it on.

caleb2003

That’s my point. I’ve been on other forums, some large and some small — and I hope this acknowledgment doesn’t disqualify me but I’m also on RedIssue (which is a pale shadow of RedCafe) — and the caf blows all all other forums I e been on since the mid 2000s. The point is to put your ideas, your banter or whatever, and have fun with it. Apart from personal or racial abuse, I say bring it in on, baby. Bring it on.
Redissues FDJ thread is on 3688 posts VS more than 72k here. Either the caf is muppet central or its 20 times a larger forum

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
He keeps saying that everything is agreed to sell Bernardo. Says it’s just waiting on Barca raising funds.

He’s played 90 minutes in the last 3 games for city Ffs :lol:
Say you wanna sell your car tommorow. Wont you wanna Tokyo drift it tonight? Its just reasonable position to take.

Sir Erik ten Hag

We didn't make it to 2000 pages. But it was a good journey. After all, this is what muppet's season is about. :D
I will miss being a part of this epic thread with you guys.
This train kickstarted properly from this post. Oh the memories...

This Gerard guy is saying its nearly done, is he reliable?

lex talionis

So let me get this right. Frenkie chooses to remain in Barcelona making a fortune every week even if it means rotting on the bench and being spat at by the ridiculous mes que un club faithful but in exchange is guaranteed endless shagging by his hot WAG?

Makes perfect sense to me.

lex talionis

Guys, one word:

January
If Frenkie is not coming now to OT he's not coming ever. It was a dream, but a dream never meant to come true. We have to move on and identify the next de Jong, if such a thing exists, and deal with the cards the Almighty Creator has dealt us.

Loon

:lol:
If Frenkie is not coming now to OT he's not coming ever. It was a dream, but a dream never meant to come true. We have to move on and identify the next de Jong, if such a thing exists, and deal with the cards the Almighty Creator has dealt us.
Thank gawd.

mav_9me

Adding FDJ to the long list of midfielders we could have/should have/didnt get and instead were left with sagas: Kroos, Fabregas, Vidal, Thiago.

frostbite

If Ten Hag gave up so easily, he'd be One Hag.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
One of the all time worst Caf threads. A transfer saga without any real intrigue and a player that didn’t want to come. A ton of dodgy Twitter accounts spamming for clicks. Which were dutifully obliged. This one has been dead for fecking ages. How it wasn’t closed after the Casemiro signing is beyond me.

Thank god it’ll be over tomorrow. He’d have been a fabulous player for us, but that isn’t really the point.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
One of the all time worst Caf threads. A transfer saga without any real intrigue and a player that didn’t want to come. A ton of dodgy Twitter accounts spamming for clicks. Which were dutifully obliged. This one has been dead for fecking ages. How it wasn’t closed after the Casemiro signing is beyond me.

Thank god it’ll be over tomorrow. He’d have been a fabulous player for us, but that isn’t really the point.
Jokes on you when he doesn't sign, oh wait no I agree

RetroStu

Adding FDJ to the long list of midfielders we could have/should have/didnt get and instead were left with sagas: Kroos, Fabregas, Vidal, Thiago.
The Vidal thread was much more fun than this one imo. Poor guy couldnt even leave his house without a mic stuck in his face by random no name tv stations asking him if he's joining Utd. :lol:

JawZ

Gosh, how did we manage to live through all of them...

And then you compare them to the ones we actually signed... Fellaini, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Herrera, Pogba, Matic, Fred :houllier: (I'm sure I've missed a few)

BarryWinks

@Ted Lasso isn't that the same block/axis as the Chelsea office? I doubt there's anything in it. Our Tier 1s would have picked up the scents if we were doing something this late.

On topic:
Tbh I didn't enjoy the Anthony signing as much as I should have partly because I thought he was taking up our Frenkie budget. Think I'll be underwhelmed whichever way this window ends without Frenkie.

Knightmare7

@Ted Lasso isn't that the same block/axis as the Chelsea office? I doubt there's anything in it. Our Tier 1s would have picked up the scents if we were doing something this late.

On topic:
Tbh I didn't enjoy the Anthony signing as much as I should have partly because I thought he was taking up our Frenkie budget. Think I'll be underwhelmed whichever way this window ends without Frenkie.
I think the lower excitement is rational. FDJ was held up as the gold standard from the beginning. Casemiro and Antony are both exciting additions but come with questions (age/actual production). Young, elite footballers on the market at rational prices don’t come around every window, so there’s nothing wrong with enjoying what you have but being somewhat disappointed over what might’ve been.

As usual, all we can do is hope and keep on keepin on

Wing Attack Plan R

We didn't make it to 2000 pages. But it was a good journey. After all, this is what muppet's season is about. :D
I will miss being a part of this epic thread with you guys.
This train kickstarted properly from this post. Oh the memories...
May 11th! We were but children back then. Is it possible we were ever that young and unmarked by the grime of the world? We are now older, wiser, and better prepared to change this into the “FDJ as our #1 January transfer” thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.