Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NewYorkRed

They supposedly just made a bid for Lewa. Does this mean we’re close to agreeing on a deal for de Jong?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
You'd swear De Jong was the second coming of Christ, Ten Hag managed ok without him last year, and will have to manage with other people if this doesn't work out. This whole 'we have to get him or it's over' nonsense is ridiculous.
The muppets fixate on one individual each summer. You just have to let if go over your head sometimes.

There's certainly alot less humour in here nowadays though. Everyone's on edge.

United492

Maybe it's time to consider a different setup then. The money Barca are asking for + his reported massive wages make this a huge transfer. We shouldn't be breaking our wage structure for one individual, unless they are top 5/10 players in the world. It's not even like Di Maria or Pogba who were coming off amazing seasons in their previous clubs, Barca want to get rid of him, for his wages and the fact that Busquets is arguably better.

I feel like the problem here is that we have overcommitted to this without thinking too much about alternatives. Give them a final offer, and then move on.
What wage structure is that?

Red the Bear

Something less generic
This is like your tagline all over again. You just reported yourself and got a warning :lol: :lol:
What can I say, I'm a creature of habit:cool:
(Which literally seems to be case as I just remember that i used the same phrase to respond to januzaji)

The Irish Connection

Funny how every other top PL club that is also in a better position than us manages to do the bolded but for this supposed biggest club in the world it's a struggle to do it with one single player over the course of multiple weeks.

Yet, the ownership do not struggle to take out their bit in dividends promptly each time and are happy to justify the outlay. I've said it plenty of times but the way some of you go on about patience, you'd think we've won the league at least twice in the last five. Mind-boggling delusion and complacency.
Spot on.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
We might have. That would then weaken Barcelona’s bargaining position with Bayern/Leeds if it was publicised, whilst doing absolutely nothing for us.
Why? If anything it reduces it if we agree a fee lower than what we holded out for.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
With Barca making a bid today for Lewa seems curious timing. Perhaps a deal has been struck with ourselves and we have to keep it quiet until the end of the month so they can wrap up the Lewa deal without getting fleeced

Mainoldo

With Barca making a bid today for Lewa seems curious timing. Perhaps a deal has been struck with ourselves and we have to keep it quiet until the end of the month so they can wrap up the Lewa deal without getting fleeced
Least they could do after trying to fleece us.

croadyman

7 days of the club keeping schtum, surely if it's close something would leak before that

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Just want to inform you all, after some extensive and thorough Googling, Frenkie De Jong's father is not fat.
Thank you.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we got him he's not fat "

Last edited:

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
No one knows what is happening. I would think that the club will be ensuring to get him in by the start of preseason. Not paying too much attention to reports. But we’ll only know when we know. The rest is just speculation designed to elicit emotional reactions and clicks from fans. Judging by the state of this thread, it’s very successful.

Cue the “we are fecking useless” / “we better walk away now” / “move on to other targets” / “just sign one of the other 3,000 world class midfielders” / “He’s shit anyway” / “Just pay what they want” / “He’s another Di Maria” / “We’ll haggle all summer and then pay what they want anyway” posts.

I’ll be back in 5-10 pages for the next Twitter inspired collective meltdown.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Allegedly Barcelona increased their previous bid by a meager 3 million Euro.
If they continue this way, they won't reach the 50 million Euro Bayern wants before the window closes.

Joke of a club.

AndySmith1990

We've been told over and over that De Jong is our primary focus and we won't move on other transfers until this is done. So either that changes or this "saga" gets wrapped up soon, otherwise it'll turn into another disaster of a transfer window

Rauður Djöfull

Barcelona allegedly bid for Lewandowski today

Surely not doing that unless they have some money from us coming in?

FCBarcelona

Supports
FC Barcelona
Allegedly Barcelona increased their previous bid by a meager 3 million Euro.
If they continue this way, they won't reach the 50 million Euro Bayern wants before the window closes.

Joke of a club.
The joke is offering almost 40 millions for a 34 years old with 1 year left of contract.
That is the joke.

I honestly hope we don't sign Lewa. We have more than enough to be in the TOP4 and reducing the wages for another year while some young players keep their development.

Status
Not open for further replies.