Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don't believe we're cooling our interest. I just believe that FDJ has no interest and we might be starting to realise that
Only took 14 weeks. We’re getting better at reading signs

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Nothing much coming out from any source means much tbh.
Everything reported is hearsay, opinion and speculation. De Jong hasn't said anything in public aside from I want to stay. That's it. I highly doubt he's blabbing off to his team mates knowing full well they'd go to the media.

They're likely saying to reporters "My guess is he'd prefer Chelsea due to CL" or "I think he'd prefer Chelsea due to London" and the reporters will pass it off as "De Jong tells team mates he wants Chelsea"

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
In addition to likely going up to £85m for Fofana and surely also bringing in a new forward, The Guardian are reporting that we’re also still after another RWB for the squad.

I just can’t see us getting all that and Frenkie De Jong.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
And you fool tied your fate to him. Already feeling the impending doom? Soon the Muppet God will justly claim you for your failure, mwahahaha
Yeah, it’s not that deep mate. I’ll just stop posting on a forum, it’s fine :lol:

MrSingh2002

How can Frenkie want to stay at the club that's treated him how they have this summer transfer window?

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
How can Frenkie want to stay at the club that's treated him how they have this summer transfer window?
He probably doesn’t. It’s just the usual Spanish press with their ‘nobody can turn down Barca’ nonsense.

Member 125288

Exactly. As shit as we are we’re still a a million times bigger club than Chelsea.
Historically, yes, but do you think a 20-something world-class footballer in his prime gives a single, solitary sh!t about that?

He’ll be looking solely at the current status of any potential suitors, with a view to going where he has the best chance of honours. If you think that’s us you need to take a step back and return to reality.

peridigm

Man, Barca have all the levers in full motion. If at first you don't succeed, make shit up. This whole criminal nonsense is really making them look bad in my opinion and further damaging the relationship with the player. I'm convinced now more than ever that he will move this window. Question is, to what club.

m1tch

Give the transfer fees for Rabiot and Arnautovic to De Jong as a sign on bonus, then improve the wage offer by what they are going to pay those pair also.

I know, he'll still turn us down but at least offer it.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
In addition to likely going up to £85m for Fofana and surely also bringing in a new forward, The Guardian are reporting that we’re also still after another RWB for the squad.

I really don't think so.

I'm still sure the Chelsea stuff is Barca trying their best to get United to cough up. Chelsea are interested, but he's far from a priority and if anything i'd see Boehly getting a good striker as their talisman signing. Not sure who they can get though?

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
He probably doesn’t. It’s just the usual Spanish press with their ‘nobody can turn down Barca’ nonsense.
I imagine he would like to stay, but the way they've handled it and the demands they've put on him are insane. Now they're trying to anull the contract so he's owed nothing at all and has to accept lower terms? I'm guessing he wants his money, then he'll be out of there.

I think the other thing is the media have no idea where he wants to go. He's never said he wants to leave and he's never given an indication of where he would go if he left. The media are reporting hearsay and speculation with opinions of the reporters mixed in for good measure. Gotta admit though, it's working well for them

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea

we wont because i dont think a new RWB is happening. Azpi stayed.

JSArsenal

I'm confused by the court action thing. I don't have a subscription to the Athletic but how would any of that be De Jong's fault? Shouldn't the current Barcelona brain trust take this up with the former Barcelona brain trust who made that deal.

Maybe they're doing that.

pogbasformerbarber

It's seemed for a while now that FDJ's camp hasn't leaked a thing about his interests. All of the crap from media completely contradicts itself. Some say he would leave for Chelsea...some say he wouldn't. Some say he wouldn't leave at all...some say he's open to leaving. It would seem to me his actual interests are a total mystery.

So given this...any conclusion as to the ability to still sign him is simply conjecture. It looks bleak, but it would be beyond madness, and would strain logic, to think that we would still be working on this if FDJ's camp had firmly said he would not make the move...

Status
Not open for further replies.