Fulham sack Slavisa Jokanovic and appoint Claudio Ranieri

Zoo

Be interesting to see what happens to Mitrovic's form.

Hopefully TFM will improve under Ranieri.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Liverpool were the last team to play them when they were shit and leaking goals for fun.

Fulham play Chelsea and United in their next 4.

Cloud7

Happy to see Ranieri back in the PL. Such a likeable man :D

Thepinhead

Barca 09-12 had a great team. United 06-09 had a great team. If you seriously believe Fulham have a great team...
Okay I don't mean great as in compared to these you mention. I mean a great team in compared to other of the premier league teams.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Liverpool were the last team to play them when they were shit and leaking goals for fun.

Fulham play Chelsea and United in their next 4.
And they got robbed a 0-1 lead and conceded a goal at the other end 13 seconds later. Dippers are jammy feckers like every season.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Smells like a panic move. Rainieri is a good guy but don't think he's a "firefighter". They'll probably go down in their current position.

Claude Cat

Supports
Liverpool
Insane you can spend nearly 3 years building a club and even get them promoted, and all it takes is 3 months to get the chop. Barely time for the new signings (of which they have a lot of) to settle in. Sad.

Canagel

Insane you can spend nearly 3 years building a club and even get them promoted, and all it takes is 3 months to get the chop. Barely time for the new signings (of which they have a lot of) to settle in. Sad.
It's a result based business. You don't get results you pay the price. Fulham want to stay in the PL and they feel that they had to act now if they want to have this chance.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Smells like a panic move. Rainieri is a good guy but don't think he's a "firefighter". They'll probably go down in their current position.
He took over when Parma were well adrift in bottom 3 in Seria A and kept them up so he has got a great escape on his CV.

I think teams willl stay up on 35 points so if Fulham can be more organised getting another 30 points shouldn't be impossible.

R'hllor

Kinda predicted Joka being sacked but i expected to happen later in a year. Checked some Fulham forums, seems majority is sad, respecting what he is done there, football they watched etc.

ZAGREB RED

I think Jokanovic was living from week to week but at this stage of the season they looked like being cut adrift at the bottom of the table so no real surprise he went it looked on the cards after they lost at Huddersfield. He seemed popular among the Fulham fans but Rainieri is a likeable personality who will maybe give the Fulham players a lift and help to keep them up.
They need to start gathering a few points sooner rather than later though.

stu_1992

I felt like that was all a bit sudden yesterday when that news broke. Yeah they aren't doing well, but like their squad isn't great? Are they expected to be better? I wouldn't necessarily say so. Think Ranieri was being a bit hopeful with his statement mentioning the quality of the squad. Of course he'd say that, but it sounded like being overrated.

But anyway Fulham for Premier League Champions 2020.

poleglass red

Sounds like he wasn't their first choice, Wenger, AVB and Jardim were apparently ahead of him. They needed to make a change before they get too cut off from the rest of the table, their goals conceded is shocking. They are still close enough now, only 4 pts behind Newcastle in 14th. A couple of good results and they could be out of relegation. Sad to see a manager lose his job so early, but the price to stay in the PL is too much. Good to see a club not panic and press the Allardyce or Moyes button, whether dilly dally keeps them up is another question, I think he will.

Handré1990

It was Nigel Pearson who saved them from relegation. Ranieri got the job because Pearson's son and his mates were racially abusing Thai prostitutes while having their arseholes licked.

He at least had a fresh start with a pre-season, he won't have this at Fulham and can't make signings till January. I'm still confident in him though because I think this Fulham side can turn things around.
Wait, what? The first part seems too specific to be some weird joke. :eek:

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Wait, what? The first part seems too specific to be some weird joke. :eek:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Pearson_(footballer,_born_1993)

In May 2015, during an Asian promotional tour, Pearson and teammates Tom Hopperand Adam Smith, according to the media reports, "took part in a racist sex tape filmed on the club's end-of-season tour of Thailand",[13] a copy of which was obtained and published by the Sunday Mirror.[22] The three players apologised for their behaviour.[22] All three were sacked on 17 June.[13] In relation to the tape, Nigel Pearson too was sacked as Leicester manager by the club's Thai owners, on 30 June 2015.[23]

Zlatattack

Their shipping a lot of goals, maybe we could sell them one of our shitty defenders to add to thier current collection?