Gaa 2012

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
St Thomas' are through to final.
Yep, won by a point, Gort had no answer to Conor Cooney at all who had a stormer of a game. Fair play to them though it's some achievement to get to their first ever SHC final. I'll be wanting them to beat Loughrea in the final now, which should be another cracker of a match.

Was your nephew playing btw?

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
Waterford SFC final replay
Stradbally (16, 2010) v The Nire (6, 2008)

Kilkenny SHC final
Ballyhale Shamrocks (13, 2009) v Dicksboro (4, 1993)

After this weekend, we will have only the Galway hurling and Kilkenny football to complete the county finals.

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
Just the one final today, as Kilkenny continue their disgusting disregard for their football competition. Not yet past the QF stage with only seven matches played so far.

Galway SHC final
Loughrea (2, 2006) v St Thomas' (0, -)

Just to note that this year was the first time ever that there was no first-time winner in the football championship.

Also, given Ballymun's first win since 1985 and their third overall, there has been some talk of the 1982 meeting between Ballymun & Portlaoise being re-enacted. Eight teams have won in 1982 & 2012. Of the four 1982 provincial winners, only Portlaoise remain.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
St. Thomas's 3-11 Loughrea 2-11

Delighted for the St. Thomas's lads, I doubt even the Loughrea crowd will begrudge them this.

With only one pub in Kilchreest there's only one place to be tonight!

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Had to know what the ref was up to there, not alone was he standing right in front of that incident but he gave a yellow card to the wrong St. Thomas player straight away after it. Maher is well known for that shit though and for some reason always seems to get away with it too, he leveled the St. Thomas's goalkeeper with a dirty pull prior to him doing that. He punched Fergal Moore twice into the kidneys right in front of the umpire in the semi final.

That St. Thomas team had 6 brothers (Burke's) from one family playing on Sunday, 3 (Murray's) from another family and a few more too (2 Skehill brothers and 2 Kelly brothers).

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
Eugene Magee said he reckoned any team with a set or few sets of brothers would be far tighter than otherwise.

He recounted a story where an outside manager came into a club, with loads of brother & cousins etc. He was warned that the club and players were notoriously hard to deal with, so he would sub brothers on for brothers and cousins for cousins.

They won the championship and he stepped down, with the stress of it all.

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=181641

Arsenal boss congratulates Lacey
27 November 2012

Arsene Wengers letter to Karl Lacey. Pic via @KarlLacey4Footballer of the Year and Gunners fan Karl Lacey has received a letter of congratulations from Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger.

The Donegal centre back posted a copy of the letter on his twitter account tonight and said: "Nice letter to receive today #TopManMrWenger."

Wenger wrote: "On behalf of all the players and staff, may I take this opportunity to send our congratulations on recently winning the All-Ireland football championship."

You can see the letter in full here.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
RIP Paudi. Only 57 too. What a true legend of the game, and an amazing character too.

Look at this for a CV.

The Kerry legend has an incredible playing CV, winning eight All-Ireland football titles, 11 Munster football championships, four National League titles, four Railway Cups, five All Stars and two County Senior Championships.

As a manager he won two All-Ireland football titles with Kerry, as well as six Munster titles, and a National League. This run of success began with two Munster Under-21 Championship victories.

In addition, he guided Westmeath to the Leinster football championship title in 2004, their first ever title, in his first season in charge with the county.

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
Congrats to Muckalee who won their 11th Kilkenny SFC title last Sunday, as Kilkenny continue to feck around with football with great abandon.