Gaa 2012

Gee Male

:lol: Brolly hates Tyrone!!
:lol: Yeah I wasn't saying he was a fan of them, it's just he had a kind of reflected general superiority complex from the Tyrone team of that era. He'd be supposed to be analysing a game between two completely different counties and all he'd constantly refer back to Tyrone, telling us that neither team were fit to tie the Tyrone lads' laces.

I've firmly decided I'm going to blame Mayo's impending loss completely on Brolly.

And polio.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Half time, Mayo did well to claw it back to a 3 point deficit from 7 keeping Donegal scoreless for 16 minutes in the process.

Should be a good 2nd half.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Donegal have that extra gear by the looks of things.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Yep, Mayo missed 3 handy points there in the last 6/7 minutes and could have had it down to a point. Donegal are after putting over a free now and 5 points a head. With the way Mayo are making it so hard for themselves its hard to see them coming back, you never know though.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Back down to three points, Donegal should have this dead and burried by now, but Mayo are hanging on by a thread, be intersting.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Donegal 2012 All-Ireland football Champions. Sam is heading for the hills this year!

Fair play to them, easily the best team in the country this year having beaten Tyrone, Kerry, Cork and Mayo now today in the final.

Commiserations to Mayo, they gave it their all. Well done to their players and supporters especially our resident Mayo man here Gee Male who must be feeling down now. Their day will come yet.

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
As one pundit said before the game, Donegal are probably a year ahead of Mayo in development. Once Donegal were 7 points ahead, it seemed to be an inevitability. Mayo have seemed like a Donegal-lite this year and their jittery play at the start handed the 2-1 to Donegal on a plate.

Fair play to Donegal. Two years ago, they had an ignimonious defeat to Longford. Last year, they were accused of defiling the game of football. This year, they are All Ireland champions and have done so in a class fashion. McGuinness is a master.

Dave89

Don't begrudge Donegal a victory, but why feck is my facebook suddenly full of Donegal fans?

Gee Male

Incredibly disappointing, really frustrating to concede two early goals and be effectively out of the game 10 minutes in. A few things annoyed me about the game - some soft yellow cards thrown our way throughout goes back to my Joe Brolly rants above) and really should have had a free in for Cillian O'Connor just before their second goal, that's a four point swing there that could have made a huge difference to the game.

Also annoyed by a couple of dives from Donegal players too, McFadden had one for a soft free from 14 yards in the second half before McGee had an unbelievably bad one after.

Frustrating as feck as I honestly don't think Donegal were any better than us from the 10th minute on. If Varley had kicked his frees we could even have won the game from there. Annoying as feck.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
:lol: Were you slagging the Dublin lads for being bitter after you beat them? Take your medicine man.....you should be well used to it by now!! ;)

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
Donegal are animals - Never seen GAA players built like that. Like Rugby players.

What I didn't want was Donegal to cocme out of the traps all guns blazing and Mayo be left trailing. Exactly what happened. Mayo were never near them. I reckon Cork, Dublin or Kerry could have beaten that Donegal team yesterday. Fair play to Donegal. Glad a new county comes forward. I wish Westmeath instilled the work ethic and belief that Jimmy McGuinness has in those Donegal lads. As seen with Cork & Dublin, I'd say that hunger and drive will see a 10-15% decrease in their game

Gee Male

:lol: Were you slagging the Dublin lads for being bitter after you beat them? Take your medicine man.....you should be well used to it by now!! ;)
:lol:

I fully reserve the right to be bitter about yesterday, it's the 6th All Ireland senior final I've watched us lose now, not to mention the countless under 21 and minors as well. Sickened, and yes, very fecking bitter!

Give me a week and I'll be grand, I am still quite pleased Donegal won it so the bitterness will be gone by next weekend. The pain of being from Mayo may live forever!

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
:lol:

I fully reserve the right to be bitter about yesterday, it's the 6th All Ireland senior final I've watched us lose now, not to mention the countless under 21 and minors as well. Sickened, and yes, very fecking bitter!

Give me a week and I'll be grand, I am still quite pleased Donegal won it so the bitterness will be gone by next weekend. The pain of being from Mayo may live forever!
I reckon Mortimer was laughing up his sleeve.
If he comes back next year and Mayo wins, his ego would explode.

Rooney24

Read a brilliant story about Daniel Radcliffe bumping into the Dublin Minors on Sunday night and going to a house party with them by himself.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
I seen pics on the site here somewhere. Maybe the 50k thread. I thought it was one of the dublin lads looked like him.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land

Nerves are setting in big time now. To many if this happens or that happens to go into to try and predict who'll win so no point all I'm hoping for is another humdinger and a Galway win!

According to a lot of the papers there's an estimated 45k travelling up from Galway so Croker will be maroon and white on Sunday. Keep an eye out for a big 16th man banner rising in Hill at the 16th minute of either half too followed by a beautiful rendition of the fields of Athenry!

The 26 year wait could finally be coming to an end...

Gaillimh Abú!

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
Absolutely clinical performance by Kilkenny. Their forwards were miles ahead of where they were three weeks ago. Just a note that the third goal should have been a free out as about 15 steps were taken before the shot....plus Galway's goal pulled back for a free.

Anyway. no doubt about this team and Cody steps into #1 spot on his own of hurling managers in terms of titles won. Now Kilkenny chase Kerry's football number.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Congratulations to Kilkenny. Too disappointed to get into the in's and out's of where it all went belly up for Galway but Kilkenny were always a step ahead quality wise yesterday even when Galway scored the first goal it didn't affect their stride at all. There is no shame in being beaten by the best team of all time and even though I feel the ref made some dodgy calls or potentially game changing decisions, I still think they would have won in the end.

Most memorable part of the day for me was them few minutes where the 3 goals were scored, it was a crazy few minutes both on the pitch and in the stands. Joe Canning putting that sideline cut over the bar (off the post) from a difficult angle was class as well. On the flip side Barry Kelly the linesman and last days ref winking and smirking over at Donnellan after he got the red card and I know he deserved the red but that carry on from a match official wasn't nice to see.

Well done to Kilkenny though and fair play to the Galway lads to, maybe next year will be our turn.

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
Joe Brolly has donated a kidney to St. Brigid's, Belfast club colleague Shane Finnegan.

Shane, who is an U10 coach at the club along with Brolly, had been waiting six years for a transplant.

Both men are recovering at St. Guys Hospital in London after the procedure on Wednesday.

"I'm honoured to have been in the position to help Shane," Brolly told RTE.

"When I heard that the only possibility of a one was through a live donor I contacted his medical team."

Finnegan is full of thanks for his friend's gesture: "Joe's altruism is overwhelming and, of course, there are no words to thank him or his family for his wonderful gift."
Whatever you say about the man, this is the height of altruism. He went up in my estimation anyway, when he called a spade a spade, in pointing out Kerry's weakness, but this is something else. Fantastic.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Read that yesterday alright. He gets his fair share of flak as a pundit from certain counties supporters but when it comes to him as a person there can be no doubts what the man is like after that gesture. I know I'll be looking at him in a different light after what he did. I hope its a success now and both of them make a full and speedy recovery.

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
Something like 12 county finals on today....'tis the season.

There has never been a year in football where we have not had a first-time winner. It has happened twice in hurling.

St Gall's have become the 23rd club side (football) to win 6-in-a-row in their county. They may well be joined by Portlaoise in a few weeks.

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
16 county finals on this weekend, including one replay.

* holders.
** most titles in county.

Roscommon SHC final replay
Padraig Pearses (2 titles, last 1987) v Four Roads* (30**)

Longford SHC final
Clonguish (3, 2006) v Wolfe Tones (13**, 2010)
Wolfe Tones are the 2010 winners. There was no 2011 decider as the CB cancelled the replay so some bureaucratic bullshite, between these two clubs as it happens.

Armagh SFC final
Crossmaglen Rangers* (39**) v Pearse Og (4, 2009)
Cross have the most titles in Ireland, football or hurling, having passed out Castleblayney in 2010.

Carlow SFC final
Eire Og (25**, 2008) v Palatine (4, 2006)

Dublin SHC final
Kilmacud Crokes (4, 1985) v Cuala (3, 1994)

Galway SFC final
Salthill-Knocknacarra (2, 2005) v Tuam Stars (26**, 1994)

Laois SHC final
Clough-Ballacolla (2, 2011) vs Rathdowney Errill (3, 2010)

Longford SFC final
Longford Slashers* (15**) v Emmett Og Killoe (9, 1995)
Joint with Fr Manning Gaels.

Monaghan SFC final
Clontibret (15, 2010) v Ballybay (7, 1987)

Offaly SFC final
Clara (6, 2009) v Rhode (24, 2010)

Roscommon SFC final
St Brigid's* (11) v Padraig Pearses (0, -)

Sligo SHC final
Calry St Joseph's* (5) v Coolera Strandhill (0, -)

Tipperary SHC final
Thurles Sarsfields (31**, 2010) v Drom & Inch* (1)
Thurles are joint 4th in Ireland for senior hurling titles. Joint 3rd amongst Liam McCarthy counties, alongside Faughs, Dublin and behind Mount Sion, Waterford (35) and Blackrock, Cork (32).

Waterford SHC final
Dungarvan (6, 1941) v De La Salle (4, 2010)

Westmeath SHC final
Clonkill* (12) v Raharney (11, 2010)

Wexford SHC final
Oulart-the-Ballagh* (9) v Faythe Harriers (5, 2001)

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
A futher 14 finals this weeken, including two replays. If we have winners, there will be just 16 of the 64 finals left for decision.

Laois SHC final replay
Clough-Ballacolla* (2) v Rathdowney-Errill (3, 2010)

Leitrim SHC final
Carrick (30**, 2010) v Cluainín Iomáint (0, -)
Cluanin are Glecar/Manor in football. They have never won this title but Manorhamilton have won it three times on their own, back in the 50s.

Carlow SHC final
Mount Leinster Rangers* (4) v Erins Own (11, 1970)

Clare SFC final
Kilmurray-Ibrickane* (8) v St Joseph's (9, 1990)
A local derby.

Derry SFC final
Ballinderry* (11) v Slaughtneil (1, 2004)

Down SFC final
Kilcoo (10, 2009) v Mayobridge (10, 2008)

Kildare SFC final
Carbury (11, 1985) v Sarsfields (21**, 2005)
My dad was the masseur with Carbury when they last won this title. They eventually lost to that great Portlaoise team in Leinster.

Laois SFC final
Arles-Kilcruise (1, 2003) v Portlaoise* (28**)
Portlaoise looking for their 6th on the bounce.

Limerick SFC final
Drom-Broadford (5, 2009) v Newcastlewest (2, 1992)

Longford SFC final replay
Emmet Og Killoe (8, 1993) v Longford Slashers* (15**)

Mayo SFC final
Ballintubber* (2) v Ballaghadereen (2, 2008)

Meath SHC final
Kiltale (2, 1983) v Killyon (8, 2007)

Westmeath SFC final
Garrycastle* (6) v Mullingar Shamrocks (10, 2000)

Wicklow SHC final
Carnew (19**, 2009) v Glenealy* (12)
These two clubs have won every title between them since 2000, apart from the 2001 final.

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
Seven county finals this weekend. Just three hurling finals and 10 football finals left to resolve.

Trivia:
It has been 24 years since a team in Sligo put back-to-back title wins together.
This is shaping up to be the first year ever, in football, where we have not had a first-time winner.

Limerick SFC final replay

Cork SFC final
Castlehaven (3, 2003) v Duhallow (2, 1991)

Clare SHC final
Newmarket-on-Fergus (22**, 1992) v Cratloe (1, 2009)

Kerry SFC final
Dingle (6, 1948) v Dr Crokes* (8)
Apart from Wexford (11 - Volunteers), Kerry has the lowest number of title wins to top it's table (Laune Rangers - 12).

Meath SFC final
Navan O'Mahony's (20**, 2008) v Wolfe Tones 1, 2006)

Westmeath SFC final replay

Dublin SFC final
Ballymun Kickhams (8, 1985) v Kilmacud Crokes (7, 2010)

lem8sh

Seven county finals this weekend. Just three hurling finals and 10 football finals left to resolve.

Trivia:
It has been 24 years since a team in Sligo put back-to-back title wins together.
This is shaping up to be the first year ever, in football, where we have not had a first-time winner.

Limerick SFC final replay

Cork SFC final
Castlehaven (3, 2003) v Duhallow (2, 1991)

Clare SHC final
Newmarket-on-Fergus (22**, 1992) v Cratloe (1, 2009)

Kerry SFC final
Dingle (6, 1948) v Dr Crokes* (8)
Apart from Wexford (11 - Volunteers), Kerry has the lowest number of title wins to top it's table (Laune Rangers - 12).

Meath SFC final
Navan O'Mahony's (20**, 2008) v Wolfe Tones 1, 2006)

Westmeath SFC final replay

Dublin SFC final
Ballymun Kickhams (8, 1985) v Kilmacud Crokes (7, 2010)
Crokes are absolute certainties

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
County semi-finals are on over my side of the country this weekend at Kenny park Athenry.

Gort v St. Thomas's

Turloughmore v Loughrea

My Gort will be defending their county title against St. Thomas's a team laced with County stars, impossible to call that one.

Turloghmore the surprise package having beaten Cannings Portumna (Canning scored 14 of Portumnas 15 pts in that game) against Loughrea will be a tough one to call too. Two good games to look forward too.

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
Aren't Gort & Thomas' in the same parish or in nieghbouring parishes?

I've a nephew who won a minor or two with Thomas' recently. He's one year U21 to go.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Aren't Gort & Thomas' in the same parish or in nieghbouring parishes?

I've a nephew who won a minor or two with Thomas' recently. He's one year U21 to go.
They are a neighbouring parish (Kilchreest), just out the the Loughrea road a bit. Not to sure if they won a minor recently but I remember they won one in 2008 as I was at at it and they had a cracking team that year so its not really a surprise they are going for a senior title now. Your nephew could well be involved tomorrow. Small world too!

Edit:

Gort 0-9 St Thomas 0-9. replay next Sunday.

Loughrea 1-12 Turloughmore 0-7

Two good games despite the weather conditions.

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
Just two hurling & four football finals left now.

Donegal SFC final
Naomh Conaill (2, 2010) v St Eunan's (12, 2009)
St Eunan's could move into second place in Donegal behind Gweedore.

Tipperary SFC final
Clonmel Commercials (14, 2002) v Thomas MacDonaghs* (2)

Waterford SFC final
Stradbally (16, 2010) v The Nire (6 , 2008)
These two clubs have won 10 of the last 13 finals in Waterford.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Match for Michaela McAreavey between Donegal and Ulster just kicked off. Seems to be a good crowd at it.

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
Match for Michaela McAreavey between Donegal and Ulster just kicked off. Seems to be a good crowd at it.
She was a young woman who seemed to know her place in the world and where she was heading. Her family have shown a huge amount of dignity throughout the whole ordeal.

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
St Thomas' are through to final.

Our U21s are through to the Laois final. Agin Portlaoise again. Would be the first title to the parish since 1996....God knows, we're starved of success.