GAA 2015

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
I definitely remember Dublin's last two All Ireland final appearances clashing with big games; vs Cheslea in 2011 and City in 2013. Both days I cared surprisingly little about the result (especially the City one in 2013).
I'm a Kerry supporter, so in every final they've been in during the past 10 years United, without fail are always on at the same time. I swear Sky do it for ratings reasons, United being a huge club here along with 'Pool.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Matches clashing shouldn't really be an issue for any Dublin or Kerry supporter that's in any way serious at all about their GAA. An All-Ireland final a million times over a Utd match! I'll be watching it and I've nothing at all got to do with either county, well apart from a first cousin of mine playing hurling for the Dubs a few years ago but in fairness you couldn't really call that an affiliation now.

Terrible news about Tipp's Eddie Connolly losing his battle to brain cancer, way to young. May he rest in peace.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
I'm afraid to say it but no more than a few other things that has seemed to have changed it might be a pure waste of time setting up a GAA 2016 thread for next year.

The Paddys on here seem to have more interest in them aul' American sports, well if you could call them sports and that thing where cars drive around in circles for a few hours than the football and hurling.

All-Ireland final day and dead as a fcking door nail.

Good luck and God bless lads.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Dublin have been average but have taken their chances. Kerry could've been 6-7 points up but blew so many opportunities.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Kerry are after bringing on their Fellaini. Let's see what happens now. The Dubs could end up regretting not tipping those two missed goal chances over the bar yet.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Champions? Sure they haven't been tested.

If they are as good as is claimed they'll have to win it next year as well. Pity it wasn't a dry day

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
There'll probably be less of a test for them next year so I'm not to sure what them winning it then would prove. It'll be the same job. Same with the hurling and KK if not even worse again given the mental edge they have over the one or two teams that might be able to beat them once or catch them sleeping at the wheel might be a better way of putting it.

Last edited:

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
I'm afraid to say it but no more than a few other things that has seemed to have changed it might be a pure waste of time setting up a GAA 2016 thread for next year.

The Paddys on here seem to have more interest in them aul' American sports, well if you could call them sports and that thing where cars drive around in circles for a few hours than the football and hurling.

I was watching it in an Irish centre rather than being on my laptop. Two separate rooms were full to the gills. Take it back :D

Gee Male

Terrible final, and I reckon only so much of it can be blamed on conditions. Handling errors were junior B standard at times.

Best team in the country are All Ireland champions though. Congrats Dubs

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast

Well being from Cork city area i could give less of a shit about football no mind when its Kerry and Dublin, all we really want is to bring Liam back home

lem8sh

Best team won can't remember such a brainless performance from us, hopefully Fitzy stays on. Didn't in any way affect the result today but I think a time limit on frees needs to be brought in by the GAA or at least considered, kills any momentum in the game too often and over the 70 too many minutes are lost.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Up the Dubs!

Messy day for football though and it showed in the handling errors on both sides. Was glad we kept Cooper out of the game, always nervous when we have to play against him. Only dampener on it for me was Philly McMahon with blatant eye gouging on that big bald headed cnut. Dirty play that, was a shame because I am a fan of McMahon.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Best team won. Fair play to Dublin. They gave a defensive masterclass, without having a blanket defence. Their forwards were sub par but they were so strong at the back that it didn't matter.

Kerry, I'd say for the first time ever, looked really afraid to have a go. It was a pity, because despite being second best, the game was there for them. Fenton was Man of the Match for me. I thought he was excellent.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information

Its just not as as exciting as it used to be. The 80s and the 90s really were a golden age for Hurling. Offaly won their first Ireland ever in 81,Galway their first in 56 years,Tipp came back after 17 years without even a Munster title,Clare won their first All Ireland in 81 years and Wexford their first in 28 years. Since 2001 the big three(Cork,Tipp,Kilkenny) have won 14 out of 15 championships.

Then in football we had a great era from the late 80s till till a few years ago. Meath,Cork,Down and Galway won it for for the first time in 20,17, 23 and 32 years respectively. Donegal,Derry,Armagh and Tyrone won their first All-Irelands ever. Also we had Clare,Sligo,Leitrim,Laois winning provincial championships for the first time in decades and Westmeath winning their first ever.

Now its just all to predictable.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation

Good luck and God bless, @The Black Pearl, yourself mate. Wonder what you are on about with the bolded bit :) In terms of the GAA, the hurling was great this year. As others have said, Gaelic football is developing fast in ways that are sometimes attractive, a lot of the time not great. I come from Roscommon but we are way back though we got promoted last year. I like Donegal. That was indeed a dreadful All Ireland. It was a weird feeling being sorry for Kerry. But there you go.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
I was at the Ploughing there in Laois the other day and after my usual walk around all the new Tractors and stuff I spotting Canning and his stand.

27 euro a pop for a signed hurl he was pocketing and I doubt there was a moment in the day when the queue wasn't at the very least 40 deep.

Young lads were waiting for over an hour to get up to him, me myself was queuing for an hour and a half. I'd say he made a couple of hundred thousand over the three days.

Between that and courting or doing a line with Rachel Wyse, he's some boyo alright. No flies on him anyways, that's for sure. Or if there are you can be damn sure he's charging them rent.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Dublin hurlers putting on an exhibition here against Cork.

3-9 to 0-5 after 25 mins.