Leinster SHC quarter-finals
Galway v Westmeath, TBC, TBC
Laois v Offaly, TBC, TBC

Munster SHC semi-final
Clare v Waterford, Semple Stadium, 4pm

Munster IHC semi-final
Clare v Waterford, Semple Stadium, 2pm

Stuff the Goat

a Farney man in Galway, next stop America.
Hi folks, Its strange the way things go..... I have posted "sweet f.a." on the Caf in the last few years. I just seemed to have lost interest, though a member since 2003.

So far in the GAA seen, SKY have got lucky with their coverage, Mayo v Galway; Cavan v Tyr; Mon V Don ;... the 3 best games so far. 3 really enjoyable games. With a bit of luck we (Monaghan) can take Donegal in the replay. The GAA have missed a great opportunity here, they should have put a "replay double-header" Tyr V Cvn & Mon v Don, on in Croke pk on Sat evening, def would get 55,000 - 65000 for that!

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Stick to the big ball game, Jackeens.

The millions thrown into the football might be working but it didn't do much good with the hurling.

Barely made it til the end of June.

See ye in 2017'

Charlie Foley

Awfully similar to the match last September. Once the goal went in there was only one winner today.

In the football, they had a minute's silence before the Kerry match for my uncle, and my cousin's kid (his grandson) got to play at half time, which was nice. Don't see an All Ireland in that Kerry team this year but you never know, we'll be there or thereabouts anyway I'd say.

Gee Male

Ulster final was absolutely brutal stuff until the last 10 minutes. Football is shite to watch these days.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Looking like it'll be dampish enough aul' day below in Thurlas today, I better bring my pullups and raincoat

Galway v Clare should be a belter. I can't wait.

Conor Whelan was behind me in the que in Timeless Barbers there yesterday evening and I said go on Conor fire away there ahead of me. He's a sound young lad, we were chatting about women and everything. He was telling me he's finding it hard enough to pull one I said go on out of that your probably beating them off ya with the 36'. :lol:

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
I'm going to say a prayer to Our Lady of Clonfert and light a load of candles that Canning scores a bucket load against Clare today.

See what Loughnane has to say then. Cowards he said. the rotten bastard. I told Conor Whelan in the barbers yesterday evening Loughnane was only a bollix too and to make sure when he scores a goal that he heads it for the pundrity box and pucks a sliotar straight through the glass where Loughnane is sitting. Cut the head off clean off him I said.

Charlie Foley

Connacht Final done and dusted. Can't find any stream here in the UK so I've been going off updates. What happened to Roscommon in the space of a week?
A week late, but basically if you haven't got a chance to watch it Galway made the obvious step to push up and counteract Roscommon's system, Rossies went in not really seeming to change how they set up in Game 1.

Charlie Foley

Fair play to Galway management then, even if it was obvious.
Sure, you can only beat what's in front of you. I didn't mean that to undermine Galway so much as criticize Roscommon's management for thinking they could do the exact same thing again.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
I have no problem with Canning. What I do take issue with is the complete fanboy you are towards him. Leave the kid alone. Your obsession with the lad is now bordering on homophobic
I do me mortified that the Brits when watching the GAA on Sky Sports would mistake Westmeath for Galway.

Any chance ye could change ye'r colours or make that big dirty yellow Renault logo even bigger and yellower again or something?

@galwaygaa
@champagnefootball

Gee Male

Was over in Croker for the games yesterday. Some poor stuff again.

I've decided that Donegal are now my least favourite football team in the country. This craic of turning their backs on opposition kick outs so that everyone can make their way back to the 45 yard line is shocking. Cork were often left with 5 lads within 20 yards of the keeper and no Donegal player within 40 yards of them for a kick out. It was like watching basketball. I wouldn't mind if it worked - Cork still routinely broke the line of defence at the Donegal 45 yard line without much effort at all. So what was the point of it for Donegal? Cork kicked 1-15 without playing too well, so how does the negative shite help?

Dublin would beat the pick of the Donegal/Cork teams I reckon. They'll definitely hammer Donegal - I'd be thinking it'll be 12 or 13 points.

And then the second game, we were shocking bad in the second half against Westmeath. Going nowhere. Would still give us a chance of beating Tyrone, and then maybe even making an All Ireland final because of how the draw works out. Which goes to show how bad a championship it is this year.

I think I prefer it this way though. What would I do with myself if I had no cause to be all doom and gloom about the GAA?

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
I do me mortified that the Brits when watching the GAA on Sky Sports would mistake Westmeath for Galway.

Any chance ye could change ye'r colours or make that big dirty yellow Renault logo even bigger and yellower again or something?

@galwaygaa
@champagnefootball

Well that was a disaster today

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
Yeah well, I'm a hurling man anyways. Hurling country.

Hopefully the footballers come good. No one more wants Galway to be great then me. I also hate Tipp so want to see you win the semi.

Was down home today. Thought was good to see so many Galway fans stopping off in a Kinnegad on the way home. Was like old times there at about 6.40

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
First post in here for me. I'm struggling to even watch games this year. Not many good hurling games and as yet no decent football games. The progression of Clare, Tipp and Galway in the football had been interesting but surely a revamp of the championship is needed. Can we get the football like a world cup and not run it may-sept but put more games closer together over a 3 month timespan? Bit like an extended world cup. Id get all teams playing 6 group games and then go to old style knock out in last 16. At least that could be in the spirit of the old format. Just looking at crowds the game is dying on its feet in football. All the silly rule changes have actually made the game a poorer spectacle. Time to give the players of the "lesser" counties more game time and respect.

Back on topic i think Donegal will do the Dubs in the big ball but Kerry will win the lot.

Im going for the Cats in the hurling. Relentless bastards!

Charlie Foley

First post in here for me. I'm struggling to even watch games this year. Not many good hurling games and as yet no decent football games. The progression of Clare, Tipp and Galway in the football had been interesting but surely a revamp of the championship is needed. Can we get the football like a world cup and not run it may-sept but put more games closer together over a 3 month timespan? Bit like an extended world cup. Id get all teams playing 6 group games and then go to old style knock out in last 16. At least that could be in the spirit of the old format. Just looking at crowds the game is dying on its feet in football. All the silly rule changes have actually made the game a poorer spectacle. Time to give the players of the "lesser" counties more game time and respect.

Back on topic i think Donegal will do the Dubs in the big ball but Kerry will win the lot.

Im going for the Cats in the hurling. Relentless bastards!
Hope you're right!

Was in yesterday, we were poor but never really in doubt. Not great preparation for Dublin/Donegal. Gamewas just crying out for Gooch, would have been totally different then.

Second match was a lot of fun as a neutral, very open. Few Galway lads in front of us were full sure they'd win. When they got their goal one of them jumped up, sat back down not realising his seat had gone up, ended up on his hoop on the ground :lol: Tipp absolutely blitzed them at the start of the second half, and then their legs seemed to go. They were 10 points up though so was grand!

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Hopefully the footballers come good. No one more wants Galway to be great then me. I also hate Tipp so want to see you win the semi.

Was down home today. Thought was good to see so many Galway fans stopping off in a Kinnegad on the way home. Was like old times there at about 6.40
Back in the day, making it back to Harry's of Kinnegad in time for the Sunday Game, a good feed and a load of porter was nearly as important as making it to Croke Park on time for the actual match. Harry's back then was iconic place with the Galway crowd.

If Galway play like they did against Clare they'll beat Tipp and leaving aside what has happened in recent times between Galway and Kilkenny, I think Galway are the only team left this year that'll have any sort of a chance at all of toppling Kilkenny. I mean feck it, we have to get the better of the cnuts sometime. This shit has gone on for too long now. I know I can't take it much more anyways. I need to be drinking out of that McCarthy cup above in Cummins bar in Gort as soon as possible or there'll be someone killed.

Gee Male

Big weekend ahead now, getting down to the good stuff.

The football on Saturday will be good, missing the games though due to a wedding. Hopefully see the Mayo game on TV, but will definitely miss the second.

The more I think of Tyrone, the more I think they are being completely overblown by the media. Especially the Ulster lads talking them up, Brolly in particular. They were woeful for 60 minutes against Donegal, could easily have been beaten by Cavan in the drawn game too.

That said, I think they'll have a point or two over us on Saturday, and get to the final ahead of Tipp too. Mayo have had a poor year, inconsistent performances throughout, and surely won't be able to just turn it on against Tyrone now.

Dublin by 10 or more in the second game. Donegal are up to nothing whatsoever.

Kilkenny by a couple against Waterford, but fancy it to be closer than many think. I reckon it could even be the first good hurling game of the summer.

Charlie Foley

Decent first half that. I have a feeling Tyrone will win out by a couple of points in that end. I'm just glad I'm watching this on Sky instead of RTE so I don't have to listen to that insufferable prick Brolly.

Charlie Foley

Have to say though, if Donegal beat Dublin later (here's hoping) the semi finals become very interesting. No real stand out team other than that. Think Tyrone will take care of Tipp handy enough though if it comes to that.

Mayo need a big half from O'Shea