Gabriel Jesus | Arsenal

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
He has serious potential. We're going to be cursing at his exploits for years to come until he confesses an ambition to play for Barca/Madrid.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Hate his guts already. The love in for him is annoying when he's only played a handful of games.

25-30 goals next season in the league all of a sudden. feck me.

ferguson2

Special talent, sadly not in our team. Thought in the end his foot is broken again when he limped around, but was probably just because he kicked Rashford.

El cangrejo

Supports
FC Luzern
That's how its pronounced correctly.
It's actually Zhe-soos (in English phonology)

Same as Mourinho's name is correctly pronounced Zho-sé. J in Portuguese is pronounced the same as in French.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
He has serious potential. We're going to be cursing at his exploits for years to come until he confesses an ambition to play for Barca/Madrid.
Can't imagine he'd want to stay at city for too long but then again Aguero has wasted his career there so perhaps.

Rafateria

He's a real talent. Very exciting to watch. I understand why United fans hate him already .. he looks that good and what threatens us frightens us right ?

thepolice123

He's a special talent. You can sense the danger he poses the moment he enters the pitch. Together with Iheanacho they are the stars of the future.

Robertd0803

He's a real talent. Very exciting to watch. I understand why United fans hate him already .. he looks that good and what threatens us frightens us right ?
Cant really disagree there. Though there is the fact the he just plays for City and regardless of talent that's enough reason to despise him.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He's a special talent. You can sense the danger he poses the moment he enters the pitch. Together with Iheanacho they are the stars of the future.
Completely forgot about Iheanacho. Is he still at City ? Can't see him seeing the light of day often under Pep.

thepolice123

Completely forgot about Iheanacho. Is he still at City ? Can't see him seeing the light of day often under Pep.
Similar to Martial he's going through a second season blip and a little out of favour atm.

namco

It wasn't too long ago he was being hailed as the next big thing on here. Word is he's going to be loaned out next season. His true level is probably a mid table team in a weaker league.

Not too worried about Jesus TBH. Don't think he'll hit the heights many are predicting. If he does though it won't be too long before he's off to Barca or Madrid. Don't think the $ alone will keep him at City like it did Aguero.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
It wasn't too long ago he was being hailed as the next big thing on here. Word is he's going to be loaned out next season. His true level is probably a mid table team in a weaker league.

Not too worried about Jesus TBH. Don't think he'll hit the heights many are predicting. If he does though it won't be too long before he's off to Barca or Madrid. Don't think the $ alone will keep him at City like it did Aguero.
I agree. He's one of those strikers that has a flash breakout period but then seems to wind back into normalcy and probably a mid table journeyman career.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
It's amazing what illegal drugs can do for recovery.

And who cares about a few heart attacks for footballers 10-20 years down the line? As long as they're healthy to kick a ball about in the present, their health doesn't REALLY matter.
The 'Pep' effect!;):lol:

WhoDaGOAT

I agree. He's one of those strikers that has a flash breakout period but then seems to wind back into normalcy and probably a mid table journeyman career.
I disagree. He has the potential to be a prolific striker in any team that's interested in using him correctly.

He thrived in Pellegrini's 4-4-2 system, so a move to a club like Atlético would suit him more. At this moment, he reminds me of a 20 year old Sturridge who was still trying to find his way.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I disagree. He has the potential to be a prolific striker in any team that's interested in using him correctly.

He thrived in Pellegrini's 4-4-2 system, so a move to a club like Atlético would suit him more. At this moment, he reminds me of a 20 year old Sturridge who was still trying to find his way.
The only problem with that comparison is that Sturridge still hasn't found his way. He will likely get run out of Anfield this summer with no big club suitors willing to take the leap of faith. Mid table is therefore the next step for him.

WhoDaGOAT

The only problem with that comparison is that Sturridge still hasn't found his way. He will likely get run out of Anfield this summer with no big club suitors willing to take the leap of faith. Mid table is therefore the next step for him.
Eh, that's down to injuries. Certainly not ability.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Yeah injuries played a role but if he had the ability surely Klopp would be willing to keep him. All indications are he may be off to West Ham.
We've seen his ability. Klopp doesn't fancy him for whatever reason, probably he doesn't like Klopp either.
Clearly on form and fit hes one of Englands best strikers, hope he can get back to that but West Ham probably not the place....

WhoDaGOAT

Yeah injuries played a role but if he had the ability surely Klopp would be willing to keep him. All indications are he may be off to West Ham.
That doesn't make sense. We let Saha go because he was also injury prone. It has nothing to do with lack of ability. If he can't stay fit, it's not worth having him around.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
That doesn't make sense. We let Saha go because he was also injury prone. It has nothing to do with lack of ability. If he can't stay fit, it's not worth having him around.
We're talking specifically about Sturridge here (in the Gabriel Jesus thread no less). He's simply not a consistent top 4 type player. None of us, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, or City would have him now.

WhoDaGOAT

We're talking specifically about Sturridge here (in the Gabriel Jesus thread no less). He's simply not a consistent top 4 type player. None of us, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, or City would have him now.
Why can't you just admit that you made a silly point and we'll move on?

MJJ

Again, due to his injuries and having missed so much football. The struddige from suarez season would easily be home at all of those sides.

He has the talent, just cant stay fit. Kind of like jones.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Again, due to his injuries and having missed so much football. The struddige from suarez season would easily be home at all of those sides.

He has the talent, just cant stay fit. Kind of like jones.
I wouldn't consider buying Sturridge even if he was fully fit.

El cangrejo

Supports
FC Luzern
Can't imagine he'd want to stay at city for too long but then again Aguero has wasted his career there so perhaps.
Why has his career been wasted? Despite the rumours, there never seems to have been a serious attempt from Real Madrid or Barcelona to sign him. I guess he could have gotten himself a move to PSG if he'd pushed for it and won more domestic trophies than he has a City but I doubt he alone would have turned them into a Champions League winner.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
I was going mental when he scored, had to get told by the guy next to me he was offside. Proper gutting.

Delighted he's back though.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
I was surprised to see him back so soon. Thought at the time he was definitely out for the year.
I think maybe his age helped. I used to recover from things quicker when I was a teenager. (I know he's 20 now but that was this month).

beckbeck

I was surprised to see him back so soon. Thought at the time he was definitely out for the year.
There was a guy here earlier on saying he'd never be the same because of a broken toe ffs..
He was being serious too

edit: here

Didn't Rooney damage his metatarsal against Bayern in the UCL at the Allianz? He was never the same player after that. Wheras up to that point he'd been world class.

MJJ

I wouldn't consider buying Sturridge even if he was fully fit.
Well I would disagree with you here, the sturridge of the suarez season would easily get into any of the top four sides.His decline is linked in a large part to his injury history.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Well I would disagree with you here, the sturridge of the suarez season would easily get into any of the top four sides.His decline is linked in a large part to his injury history.
I don't disagree with the injury bit, but I just don't see him reaching his full potential with all the start stops he's had.

MJJ

I don't disagree with the injury bit, but I just don't see him reaching his full potential with all the start stops he's had.
Current sturridge, yes. I was talking about a hypothetical situation where he wasnt so injury prone since we were discussing his ability removing his injury proneness. Otherwise, I do agree with you.