Galatasaray fans in the home end

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Dear Everyone,

I am a fan from Mongolia planning to go to Istanbul to watch the CL match on the 29th of November. I already purchased the ticket through Stubhub and my Passolig card is on its way. It seems like Galatasaray allocated only around 2500 tickets to Man UTD and all the others will be their fans in the stadium. So, I would like to ask you guys if there's anything that I need to consider before going to the Turk Telekom arena. Is it safe to be there as an away fan? And do I need to keep it quiet while supporting my team in front of the Turkish fans?
Also, if there are folks here in this forum who are going to Istanbul, where can I find the United fans there to meet and have a pint together before or after the match?

Thanks for your attention.
Ayush
So you are in the home section?

Do not wear colours, be respectful if we score, don't make it obvious you are supporting Man Utd - and you will enjoy the game just fine.

Istanbul is stupidly massive, so it will be harder than usual to find where Man Utd fans will meet pre game. Irish bars in tourist areas are highly likely.

Ayush727

Probably better to post here to find out where United fans will congregate, although they are likely to be spread all over the city:
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/all...chasing-tickets.463569/page-227#post-31220109

I've done Galatasaray away back in 2012, the stadium is out of the centre with not much nearby, we lost but had already qualified so didn't matter.
The local fans were actually pretty welcoming pre-match but in the stadium you will need to keep quiet.
Hi Rood,

Thanks for your reply. I think I should be respectful to the home fans :)

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Manchester United: Uefa fine Galatasaray for behaviour of fans at Old Trafford
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67175067

Uefa have fined Galatasaray for the behaviour of their supporters in the side's Champions League win at Manchester United earlier this month.

The Turkish champions have been ordered to pay 51,000 euros (£44,420) after 2,000 of their fans gained access to home sections of Old Trafford.

Galatasaray must also cover the costs of damage caused by their fans inside the stadium.

The visitors' official ticket allocation for the game was 2,200.

European football's governing body also placed a one-game ban - suspended for two years - on Galatasaray selling tickets to fans for an away game due to a combination of them having thrown objects, set off fireworks, caused damage and general crowd disturbances.

United have been heavily criticised for the "unacceptable" number of away supporters who purchased tickets in home areas of the ground.

The 20-time English champions have also apologised to their own fans and acknowledged some "felt unsafe" as huge numbers of visiting fans were seen in areas normally occupied by those backing the hosts.