Game Management

Swedish_Plumber

I’ve given up counting the amount of times we choose to give the ball back to the opposition when we’re leading at the end of the game. This is usually the decision to not take it to the corner and instead tamely give possession up by shoot or passing.

Will we see a United side use common sense and keep the ball as a tactic to see a gam out in the near future?

What needs to change to see us move away from the backs against the wall type defending in what feels like every game?

Valencia Shin Crosses

I’ve given up counting the amount of times we choose to give the ball back to the opposition when we’re leading at the end of the game. This is usually the decision to not take it to the corner and instead tamely give possession up by shoot or passing.

Will we see a United side use common sense and keep the ball as a tactic to see a gam out in the near future?

What needs to change to see us move away from the backs against the wall type defending in what feels like every game?
A good start would be waving goodbye the the manager as well as Bruno and Casemiro.

RedStarUnited

As bad as our passing is, its compounded by how awful we are at getting the ball back too. Teams play and run through us way too many times every game.

RedOrange

1) Tell Bruno and the forwards to recycle the ball a bit more instead of playing low percentage direct passes every single time. There are at least a few moments in every match where they should look to slow things down, push up the pitch to drag the opponents back into their own half and then pass back so we can rest on the ball.

2) Get 2 more CB's who can play on the ball. Varane and Maguire can't pass the ball around a press, so other teams do it all the time and force us to kick the ball long a lot of the time, which more often than not means we're conceding possession.