Game tonight against Blackburn

oskarutd

Possebon set to start

New Brazilian signing Rodrigo Possebon is set to make his first start for United's Reserves as the Reds push on in the Premier Reserve League title race.

The Reds are up against Blackburn, the last team to inflict defeat on the Reds' second string. They edged the sides' meeting by a single goal at Morecambe last October, but since then United have posted 11 matches without defeat.

With revenge and three vital points in mind, Brian McClair and Jim Ryan have named a strong 16-man squad for the 7pm kick off at the Victoria Stadium.

Possebon is in line for his first start for the Reds, having caught the eye in his half-hour debut cameo in last week's Manchester Senior Cup win over Manchester City.

Chris Eagles is also included after his two-goal salvo against the Blues, while Dong Fangzhuo returns to the squad after injury.

United squad: Zieler, Amos; Gray, Eckersley, Chester, Cathcart, Lea; Cleverley, S Evans, Possebon, Hewson, Barnes, Eagles; Fagan, Dong, Welbeck.

Cold_Boy

Updates someone?

How is Possebon doing?Whats the Blackburn line up?

Coca Cola

One balled wonder
Possebon doesn´t look half bad actually.United haven´t been good enough though, no wing play.

Coca Cola

One balled wonder
2 - 0 Blackburn, their first real chance in the 2nd half. United have dominated but missed some golden chances.

Coca Cola

One balled wonder
Is Welbeck playing?
Yes, he´s hit the woodwork twice, should have done better both times. Also shot just wide early in the game.

Dong has made a good impact since coming on at half time.

SirAF

Ageist
Possebon did well. He was quite strong on the ball and showed good composure mixed with decent skills. Deffo worth a watch.

RedPhil1957

2-1 win for Blackburn .... very unlucky we hit woodwork 4 times and should have had at least one penalty --- good in midfield and before Dong got injured very dangerous up front, in the second half. We were weak in defense, only Cathcart played well Gray and Eckersley are 100% players but both seem short on ability, the keeper Zieler fails to impress and Simpson was very poor again do not think more than a couple of his passes reached a team mate.

Coca Cola

One balled wonder
who scored for United? I stopped watching after they went 2 - 0 up.

since 1987

Founder and Chairman of the Kill Sjarkus Club. Oth
Saw just bits and pieces, Rodrigo looked as a Pirlo type, a defensive playmaker had a few good setups. Remember that he is still young and have just moved to England. But he is a interesting type of a player. Looking forward to seeing more of what he can do.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Anyone gonna read anything into Pique and Eagles getting taken off at half-time?

I reckon they'll both be in the squad on Sunday. I have reservations about Eagles but there's not doubt he's been our best reserve player all season and, as I said on another thread, Ronaldo could do with a rest :nervous:

anything about now

MUFC lad living in a matriel world
Eagles is good enough for a midtable club imo. He really should've been loaned out, but I'm guessing after last season's injury crisis Fergie is keeping him for more squad depth, but he isn't good enough to start over the likes of Nani and Park at the moment. It's a shame because he's almost 23, he needs a regular run of games to make use of his potential.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Anyone gonna read anything into Pique and Eagles getting taken off at half-time?
I reckon they'll both be in the squad on Sunday. I have reservations about Eagles but there's not doubt he's been our best reserve player all season and, as I said on another thread, Ronaldo could do with a rest :nervous:
Pique picked up a knock!

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
i watched the game, simpson had a shocker, possebon played very well, welbecks goal was good, but keeper nearly saved it.

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
Possebon did well. He was quite strong on the ball and showed good composure mixed with decent skills. Deffo worth a watch.

Is he the number 8 that they did the little montage of after the game? If it is he looked half decent from those clips, not seen him before.