Television Gangs of London -Sky Atlantic

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
It's fantastic. I worked on the trailer for it so have seen all eps a while ago. Really is great...

It's crazy that EVERY SHOT in the show has had some gfx work done on it.

RedFish

It's fantastic. I worked on the trailer for it so have seen all eps a while ago. Really is great...

It's crazy that EVERY SHOT in the show has had some gfx work done on it.
Nice job my man! It looks spectacular.

Some shows just grab you by the balls and don't let go. This is one of them.

Last edited:

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Nice job my man! It looks spectacular.

Some shows just grab you by the balls and don't let go. This is one of them.
Cheers

The original cut was even more violent but due to focus groups (or something along those lines) they had to tone it down.

Suv666

2 eps in. I'm really enjoying it. Gareth Evans is a brilliant director.

diarm

Just finished it and I really liked it for the most part.
Was it episode 3 or 4, the scene in the house where she's trying to hide the kid, first from the guy dying on the table, then from her son shooting up in the other room and then you see the waitress try to shoot Sean was just incredible TV.

I do think they lost it a bit towards the end - it was great when it was about the family politics and the key players. Even the Nigerians and the beef between the Pakistanis and the Kurds added to things really well.

But the mysterious investors ruined it a bit for me. They felt like something that could have been introduced for a third season, once the intricacies of the main characters has played out. Felt like the first 8 episodes built up to something really good and then the last couple just fell a bit flat.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Saw the trailer for this. Thought it was an awful advert for the show.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Can I watch this without sky Atlantic?
Torrents are available.

Up to episode 6. It’s beyond fcuking insane.

But make sure you watch without the kids or the wife as the violence is unprecedented: GoT, Spartacus, The 300 and everything else included!

And gets progressively more intense and yet plausible real every single episode.

The farmhouse massacre is one of the most amazing violent fight scenes ever.

Can’t wait to see what happens at the end.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Just watched the first episode... No one does action like Gareth Evans.

Apparently he said this week we'll probably never get a Raid 3... But I hope he still goes on to make Action movies all the same.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Not my usual watch, but caught a bit as waiting for Westworld (rewatch if last week's episode) and it looked brilliant!

RedFish

Just finished it and I really liked it for the most part.
Was it episode 3 or 4, the scene in the house where she's trying to hide the kid, first from the guy dying on the table, then from her son shooting up in the other room and then you see the waitress try to shoot Sean was just incredible TV.

I do think they lost it a bit towards the end - it was great when it was about the family politics and the key players. Even the Nigerians and the beef between the Pakistanis and the Kurds added to things really well.

But the mysterious investors ruined it a bit for me. They felt like something that could have been introduced for a third season, once the intricacies of the main characters has played out. Felt like the first 8 episodes built up to something really good and then the last couple just fell a bit flat.
Agree story fades towards a more generic conclusion

Becomed more wishy washy towards its conclusion. Best parts were the claustrophobic scenes when you felt like you were in the middle of the fight.
Shame, as otherwise I think it's an absolute classic.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Blame whoever worked on the trailer...

:nervous:
Saw the trailer for this. Thought it was an awful advert for the show.
Haha. The original plan was to cut the trailer to Gangsters Paradise cover by 2Wei but Stevie Wonder didn't like his music be used to promote violence :lol:

I also suggested a Tokio Myers track that was brilliant but they wanted epic scale...

Classical Mechanic

Haha. The original plan was to cut the trailer to Gangsters Paradise cover by 2Wei but Stevie Wonder didn't like his music be used to promote violence :lol:

I also suggested a Tokio Myers track that was brilliant but they wanted epic scale...
I thought the the trailer was OTT but then watched the first episode and realised that the show is really really OTT. It's like Eastenders if it was part marvel film, part kung fu action film and part horror film. It's an interesting concept for sure. I wasn't really criticising the craft behind the trailer but just thought he show looked a bit daft but I guess that's the idea of it.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

I've seen 2 trailers, one on UK channels which and another on youtube. I prefer the YouTube one I must say, think the music helps it alot.

TheReligion

Abusive
Watched the first two episodes.

Bloody violent isn't it? Plenty going on so it have to give it your full attention. Sub plots galore. Enjoying it though.

arnie_ni

Not sure what to make of it through 4 episodes but i will stick through

Last edited:

Fully Fledged

I thought that the plot about the Head of the Gypsy family was a bit soft/OTT but the rest of it has been great so far finished episode 7.

Deery

Dreary
One of the best things I’ve watched on TV, hope they bring out a second season.