Gareth Bale | Golfer, ex-Footballer, Elbower of racists, Philosopher, Golf Ambassador, Bar Owner, Real Legend, Defibrillator

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
I agree. He's showed absolutely nothing on the pitch since he joined Spurs.
Not true. For example, he scored the winning goal against Brighton in the Prem. And last night he created our first goal with a brilliant free-kick.

Pep's Suit

Not true. For example, he scored the winning goal against Brighton in the Prem. And last night he created our first goal with a brilliant free-kick.
I don't think anyone cares about Europa. Or at least until it reaches semi-finals.

Web of Bissaka

So basically he's shit so far right?
Shadow of his best self.

Sure, once in a while, he'll show his talent, pulling off a good top class move, but generally waste of time. Impact sub is his best role for PL, Mou used him well. Other roles are to play the cup games.

Hulksmash

Is Injured and Tottenham are keeping this quiet. Apparently out for 2-3 Months.

Cloud7

Is Injured and Tottenham are keeping this quiet. Apparently out for 2-3 Months.
This is why, even on a loan, I was against us pursuing him. Just doesn't make sense when he's always injured.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
This is why, even on a loan, I was against us pursuing him. Just doesn't make sense when he's always injured.
To be fair this is the same with Thiago. A very overrated player.

GazTheLegend

The sheer lack of activity in this thread suggests that Tottenham are badly struggling to justify that 300grand a week they are paying Bale (plus a loan fee apparently? How much was that?)

At what point does this become an utter disaster of a signing. Does it ever, given its 'only' a season long loan?

Hulksmash

It's already a Disaster Signing. Im not sure Tottenham can send him back in January, can they?

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
The sheer lack of activity in this thread suggests that Tottenham are badly struggling to justify that 300grand a week they are paying Bale (plus a loan fee apparently? How much was that?)

At what point does this become an utter disaster of a signing. Does it ever, given its 'only' a season long loan?
We're not paying him £300k per week. RM are paying 60% of his wages.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
We're not paying him £300k per week. RM are paying 60% of his wages.
i think you are paying him 200k a week because he is making 500k at Madrid. Plus performance bonuses. So it’s 10m for a season long loan. Not terrible for a player who actually plays. There was a lot of romanticism about him coming back to Spurs and he still has a lot of talent, but his injury record is horrific and he’s apparently lost his competitive edge. You’ll be lucky to get 20 games out of him this season. Most likely he’ll play cups and be an impact sub if he’s fit. So it’s a very steep price to pay in a revenue hit pandemic year. Precisely why most Utd fans were against signing him.

renandstimpyfan83

Supports
Real Oviedo/England
Pointless vanity signing from Levy. Spurs should cancel the loan in January and focus on getting in an upgrade on Lucas and Bergwijn because if they lose Son they’re fecked.

acnumber9

May be more done than even Sanchez was. A loan was worth the gamble for them though.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
As i said on the matchthread, he's nor even top flight quality anymore let alone as good as he use to be.

The hysteria around his return and him, Son and Kane being the best front three was hilarious.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I am glad we stayed away. Funny enough, not much muttering about how pointless and poor he has been. Imagine if he'd signed for us and turned in these performances.

el3mel

What's next for him if he flops at Spurs ? Give it up and go to Italy or MLS ?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The fact that he's at Spurs has barely intruded on my consciousness.

Nero

Remember the fanfare when he arrived for his medical. The hero homecoming.