Gareth Southgate Extends Contract Until December 2024

Idxomer

There isn't a player as skilled as Owen and Scholes in the current England squad.

What most talented generation are you talking about?
England look better, as they are more cohesive now than the past english generations, but in terms of talent, they don't have any talented player as Scholes,peak Owen, or Beckham.

Is Maguire better than Rio? I don't think so
England has a wider pool of talent currently, the squad depth is scary. When Rooney got injured in 2004, they played Darius Vassell.

They will leave much better players home the next WC than what they used to have on their bench.

Needham

Put the bunting out! Bless the NHS! Oh, Gareth is staying! Hurrah! Hurrah! Hurrah!

Sylar

Tbf world Cup semi final, nations league semi final and euros final

The one good thing (so far) is using youth and not relying too heavily on one or two players. He's generally gone for the younger players

Italy had a better team overall as has been mentioned,, I think the home advantage helped even it out

His sub's were weird though but there's no outstanding choice instead anyway

TrustInOle

Not always a fan of his team selections, but has proved his worth time and time again, correct decision and I am happy for him! Bring on the World Cup!

Red Royal

He is absolutely right for England, unlikely to get poached by anyone so will be there as long as he is useful. If he could work on his in game tactical changes, substitutions etc. he may even take them to the next level.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
There isn't a player as skilled as Owen and Scholes in the current England squad.

What most talented generation are you talking about?
England look better, as they are more cohesive now than the past english generations, but in terms of talent, they don't have any talented player as Scholes,peak Owen, or Beckham.

Is Maguire better than Rio? I don't think so
The current England generation is ridiculously talented. I'd take them over the Scholes, Lampard, Rooney generation without a second thought.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hes given England a pretty high floor and they haven't really ever fecked up under him. A high floor/safe manager with an excellent group of players will tend to go pretty far in tournaments. Of course, given the talent, you want someone who can raise the ceiling a lot more than Southgate, but I guess that comes comes risks. He plays God awful football though, so that's just one of those things England fans have to put up with. Thank feck he isn't coming here. I don't think he'll do well when the squad quality diminishes.

Kaos

He's a massive fraud who's been blessed with a ludicrously talented pool of players, and outrageously favourable draws in competitions. He'll be found out at the World Cup I reckon. Middlesborough was very much his level, and yet he still got them relegated.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
England has a wider pool of talent currently, the squad depth is scary. When Rooney got injured in 2004, they played Darius Vassell.

They will leave much better players home the next WC than what they used to have on their bench.
Up front and our wide we lacked depth in 2004 but we probably never had a better, larger group of CBs or CMs, ever.

Cloud7

Good for United, bad for England

You just know there were at least 1-2 clowns on our board who thought Southgate would be a good appointment for us