Garnacho overhead kick. Remember the moment!

JagUTD

I didn't see the first half as I was out but as soon as I saw people describing it as Rooneyesque I was trying to figure out which legendary Rooney goal.

When I saw it, clearly Garnacho is a man of culture, picking one of Rooneys very best.

If he could pull out a moody volley against Newcastle next, that would be great.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Would have been amazing to have been in the stand. Anyone who was, hope you were paying attention. Did it have a big impact on crowd noise? I mean booing seemed at a crescendo when it happened… On tv I realised I’d just witnessed one in a lifetime

Mike Smalling

So since the Puskas award is given for the calendar year, most of the goals competing for the award will already have been scored. So which brilliant goals from 2023 is Garnacho up against to win it? Has Salah scored some run-of-the-mill finish from the edge of the box, that desperate Liverpool fans will vote for?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Two of our players had a "Hands on head holy shit what did I just see" reaction to the goal....

Manoo and Maguire

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I keep stopping what I am doing at the time & replay the goal in my head & continue to marvel at it.

Multiple, multiple times since Sunday afternoon have I done this.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
So since the Puskas award is given for the calendar year, most of the goals competing for the award will already have been scored. So which brilliant goals from 2023 is Garnacho up against to win it? Has Salah scored some run-of-the-mill finish from the edge of the box, that desperate Liverpool fans will vote for?
It's weird, the assessment block of time ended in August of this year. Garnacho's goal won't be voted upon til next year...

https://www.fifa.com/about-fifa/org...fifa-puskas-award-vote-now-for-your-favourite

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Would have been amazing to have been in the stand. Anyone who was, hope you were paying attention. Did it have a big impact on crowd noise? I mean booing seemed at a crescendo when it happened… On tv I realised I’d just witnessed one in a lifetime
Just imagine if it was at OT. That would have been an epic explosion of cheering.

El Zoido

What I'd give to have heard peak Motson, Barry Davies or Brian Moore commentate on that goal
Martin Tyler with Andy Gray on colour commentary, never been anyone better imo. Giggs vs Arsenal and Rooney vs Arsenal being two particular classics.