Gary Neville has been appointed as Head Coach of Valencia until the end of the season.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I think so. Poor Nev. He was one of the less talented of the class of 92 but at least he could cling on the perception that he was the most intelligent of the lot. Now that had been stripped away from him too.
:lol:
Crespo is savage.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Rakitic, Vidal, Roberto, Mathieu, Adriano, Bartra and Vermaelen are the only senior players in Barca's squad, I think. The rest are kids. Wonder if that would be enough for him to win. My money is on a draw, to be honest.

Oggmonster

It's not funny. It's going to be very hard for him to lecture pep, LvG and mou about tactics and mentality after this horrible experience. Ffs it's even a worse performance than his last game with us

Also whose going to employ Phil now? He's an average pundit and he bring more bad luck than a Lord of the rings ring. Whoever employs this guy as coach get sacked
His reputation will be tarnished yeah but seriously people over analysie (ironic with Neville) the pundit stuff they really do.

LVH, Mou and Pep are good managers....put it this way, they're better than Souness, Carragher, Henry, Jamie Redknapp, Rio Ferdinand, Robbie Savage, David James, Michael Owen, Steve McManaman, Peter Reid and yet at least half of them are on TV almost every weekend giving their opinion on football teams and what managers are doing wrong. How is it that they're all allowed to discuss managers or teams and be taken seriously but Neville isn't?

Neville looks a bit silly because he questioned tactics etc, although he always wants managers to get time in jobs. I don't think he's unemployable or anything though, if anything a lot of pundits are failed managers so he fits right in. If he went back to Sky and wanted to go back I'd imagine most of it could be solved by a joke about the situation really. He could even say how he failed at it so knows how hard it is. The reaction that everyone has to be successful in everything in life to be taken seriously is odd really, he's allowed an opinion success or not. What I find more odd is that people seemingly held his opinion as gospel and now he's failed they're the ones who seem fecked. I liked Neville as a pundit but he spoke a lot of bollocks and I didn't take him completely seriously he was just interesting to listen to (although I think the MNF show has got boring the last 12 or so months.)

I think so. Poor Nev. He was one of the less talented of the class of 92 but at least he could cling on the perception that he was the most intelligent of the lot. Now that had been stripped away from him too.
You say here yourself "He's the less talented of the class of 92" so you concede there's better players as Pep is a better manager. Does that mean if Neville criticised someone like Dani Alves for having a poor game his opinion means nothing? I assume you change the channel when Carragher would speak about Terry, Ferdinand, Puyol, Kompany or whichever centre halves are better than them.

I honestly don't get this his career is over stuff at all. He's obviously out his depth as a manager at a club like Valencia and it's a gamble that backfired but the implication no one will take him seriously again is just odd.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Of course, Valencia called up many young players and rested several of their veterans for tonight - so they too may just decide not to invest too much into the result

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Unless they thrash us by 4 or 5, the Valencia fans won't give a rats about tonight's match. Only there for the youngsters and to save face with a good result. They do stand a chance with the young squad called up by Enrique.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Unless they thrash us by 4 or 5, the Valencia fans won't give a rats about tonight's match. Only there for the youngsters and to save face with a good result. They do stand a chance with the young squad called up by Enrique.
They stand a chance but confidence is very important. I expect Valencia to lose every game now. Those players have lost the will to fight.