Gary Neville

Pughnichi

I love the overlap. It’s brilliant. And I appreciate what Gary has created.

I generally have enjoyed his punditry and opinions as well.

But more recently however, I’m finding that Gary is really starting to annoy me

I find he gives his opinions as fact

He asks very leading questions to find answers that align with his own opinion.

And when the conversation has moved on elsewhere, he brings it back to his opinion and tries to convince the room (for a second time)

the more I watch the overlap the more noticeable it is that the rest get frustrated with him.

He needs to tone it down. He doesn’t have all the answers. He just has very strong opinions.

SuperiorXI

I love the overlap. It’s brilliant. And I appreciate what Gary has created.

I generally have enjoyed his punditry and opinions as well.

But more recently however, I’m finding that Gary is really starting to annoy me

I find he gives his opinions as fact

He asks very leading questions to find answers that align with his own opinion.

And when the conversation has moved on elsewhere, he brings it back to his opinion and tries to convince the room (for a second time)

the more I watch the overlap the more noticeable it is that the rest get frustrated with him.

He needs to tone it down. He doesn’t have all the answers. He just has very strong opinions.
I agree with this. He is becoming more and more forceful with his ideas as though alternative lines of thinking are bogus. I was dissapointed with his reaction to the Forest statement in relation to his staunch support of PGMOL and complete disbelief in the possibility that someone could be swayed by who they support. Everyone is human and the slightest bit of allegiance can influence your decision making. I wonder how he would feel if he was on the end of some of this nonsense as a player.

Marwood

I get what he means about those defenders who are asked to step into midfield. Gary would have struggled with that.

But that's a handful of fullbacks who are asked to play that way. The vast majority play the role as Gary did. So he'd have been just fine in the modern game.