Gary Neville

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Think its a fairly hard season to predict after City to be honest - especially with two weeks of the window left... you could throw 5 teams up in the air for where they will land between 2nd-6th.

I'd go City, Arsenal, Liverpool, United, Chelsa Newcastle

Idxomer

He definitely had United 4th when he and Carragher were discussing respective predictions... Not that I blame him especially for changing his mind after seeing us against Wolves
That doesn't explain why he has Villa instead of Newcastle in the top 6 after their game.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I don't think that can be right. I watched the show and he had us 3rd or 4th and made a big song and dance about Carrigher changing his predictions since the overlap a couple weeks ago.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Carragher battered him here.

Lukaku. Onana :lol:

Neville saw the United and Inter badges and ignored everything else.

That last one was crazy. Chelsea badge right there and he's shouting Seedorf and Davids.

GlasgowCeltic

you can tell from the CBS coverage Carragher is a true football obsessive, whereas I think Neville doesn’t pay much attention outside Utd and England

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Wish someone at the club had the balls to ban this ABU wanker from Old Trafford.

eire-red

He obviously loves United, but just jumps on every negative thing about United and spins it at the end about the Glazers.

It's tiresome. I like The Overlap, but I wish Sky only hired ex managers or even actual sports analysts or something.

Every weekend it's like watching Fan TV.

Tyrion

He obviously loves United, but just jumps on every negative thing about United and spins it at the end about the Glazers.

It's tiresome. I like The Overlap, but I wish Sky only hired ex managers or even actual sports analysts or something.

Every weekend it's like watching Fan TV.
Thats what sky wants. It's why they have youtube fans on the overlap and why they have them on that Saturday social thing. It's why they're always pitting Neville and Carragher in United v Liverpool arguments and why Keane is there. Souness mentioned that the people in the studio are always checking twitter to see if they go viral during the post match reactions and it shows in their discussions.

What goes viral more often: sober and accurate analysis or angry rants?

eire-red

Thats what sky wants. It's why they have youtube fans on the overlap and why they have them on that Saturday social thing. It's why they're always pitting Neville and Carragher in United v Liverpool arguments and why Keane is there. Souness mentioned that the people in the studio are always checking twitter to see if they go viral during the post match reactions and it shows in their discussions.

What goes viral more often: sober and accurate analysis or angry rants?
Yeah and I totally get it. They pay so much in rights, they need to appeal to the masses, which these days means more drama and exaggerated, biased, analysis and narratives.

I used to watch the build-ups and post match. Now I switch over at like 4.29pm and turn off after the game so I don't have to suffer idiots like Daniel Sturridge or Theo Walcott for too long.

I can imagine myself watching with the sound off in a few years. I wish you could toggle commentary like subtitles.

Tyrion

Yeah and I totally get it. They pay so much in rights, they need to appeal to the masses, which these days means more drama and exaggerated, biased, analysis and narratives.

I used to watch the build-ups and post match. Now I switch over at like 4.29pm and turn off after the game so I don't have to suffer idiots like Daniel Sturridge or Theo Walcott for too long.

I can imagine myself watching with the sound off in a few years. I wish you could toggle commentary like subtitles.
Yeah I agree. I'd probably prefer no commentary on BT/TMT but sky isn't too bad (mostly). I don't watch the pre or post match stuff either. When it comes to actual match analysis, I just go to Tifo, Jonathan Wilson or the athletic.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
He's insufferable. I try and find another stream when he commentates on our games. He makes what should be a fun past time (watching footy) unenjoyable.

kaku06

State of this gooner.
He’s a coward. Desperately wants to be seen objective to the point where he would bend over if need be to start licking rivals arse. Bows down to the pressure of rival fans. Scared to say the right things.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
What is with this “ooohhhhhh” every time something happens?

IRELANDUNITED

How has he managed an almost 20 year career if he still doesn’t know what a handball is. That penalty was as clear as they come.

cyberman

Gary has argued against a few obvious decisions this season and he makes it worse by going on and on about it.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Don't think I've hated a commentator as much as this prat now that I have to listen to him regularly on my feed.