Gary Neville

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Why did he not mention the players might not be good enough? He's going on about that maybe it's not the coaches fault but the upper echelon of the club. But what about the players Gary?

Dobba

After signing Fred, Bailly, Mkhi, Lukaku and Matic I'm 100% in favour of people telling Mourinho that he shouldn't sign players.

If I wrote off 5 company cars, the sixth wouldn't be a 6-7 figure supercar.

Minimalist

Why did he not mention the players might not be good enough? He's going on about that maybe it's not the coaches fault but the upper echelon of the club. But what about the players Gary?
He already before in the same conversation said he doesn't like the team - pretty much did. Said 6th is their level.

littlepeasoup

Didn't he say he didn't like the players, and that we should 'cleanse' the squad at the start of his bit?

Bojan11

Why doesn’t he talk about Smalling, Young, Jones and Lingard?

They all been here for years and ain’t delivered.

Matty7

I thought that was pretty good. He's passionate and wants change and a reaction. Spot on with what he said about Jose - it wasn't about the signings, it was simply you pick a manager and back him or get rid. We dithered and did neither.

Also a very good point that two experienced managers (rightly or wrongly appointed) couldn't do the job, we should back Ole now, it's clear there's a bigger issue than the manager. Hit the nail on the head with the Woodward point. It's how we all feel.

Ban

After signing Fred, Bailly, Mkhi, Lukaku and Matic I'm 100% in favour of people telling Mourinho that he shouldn't sign players.

If I wrote off 5 company cars, the sixth wouldn't be a 6-7 figure supercar.
Will be funny when they say the same to Ole.

Woodenlung

Also had a few words about the appointment of a DoF. Finds it incredible that the names mooted in the press are all people who've never been in the role at the top level.

Morpheus 7

His point on what he wants to see next year is mine. There are about six players who don't want to be here, he wants to see 11 committed players on the pitch next year. He's spot on about this side being really unlikable. The DOF response is right too, he wants the best qualified for it. Getting a few ex players for the biggest rebuild is ridiculous, you get the best people for the job. I really don't like Nev on Sky but that was excellent. Not that it will change anything but least I know it's not just me that's thinking this.

starman

Moyes was not to blame?
Please please. He was the cause of this cancer !
You seem to have a agenda of a specific point needed to be made otherwise it's "rambling". I suggest you listen to the whole thing again and try to deduce what he's trying to get arcoss. Its bigger then one manager..

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Spot on today. Club is a right mess

laughtersassassin

About time he started directing the blame at Woodward.

If our Ex player started this year ago we might get somewhere. Now he needs to be repeating this every week. Drilling into people's minds.

It is the only way for change.

Zoo

I don’t get what his problem is with former players possibly rejoining the club. Is it because he hasn’t been called?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don’t get what his problem is with former players possibly rejoining the club. Is it because he hasn’t been called?
Because people like Ferdinand, evra etc have never done this roll before. We’d be handing over from Woodward with 7 years to somebody completely green at the job. It just doesn’t make any sense.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Moyes was not to blame?
Please please. He was the cause of this cancer !
He was left an aging and pretty weak squad that had been made to look far better than it actually was by SAF being a genius and leading them to a final title. He stepped into the footsteps of United’s greatest manager needing to not only rebuild a squad that had just won the title (but wasn’t going to again) and was expected to at least challenge for the title in the process.

He’s not a great manager anyway and it was madness to appoint him, but there was no way he could win. He was going to get compared to SAF at every step, he couldn’t start completely rebuilding a side in his first season that had just won the title and everything he tried to do he just got criticized for (bringing in Felliani springs to mind).

Darlington Padgett

What do you guys think will happen first: Salford City FC in the premier league or us winning it?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He's just saying we need to get in the best people in the world at running a football club. In the same way we (used to) recruit the best players.
It would be some coincidence if our ex players happened to be the best in the world at planning the strategic direction of the football club.

Valencia Shin Crosses

He's just saying we need to get in the best people in the world at running a football club. In the same way we (used to) recruit the best players.
It would be some coincidence if our ex players happened to be the best in the world at planning the strategic direction of the football club.
My problem is the contradiction that there always seems to be. Do you want united people in there that "know the club and what it stands for", or do you want the most qualified individuals in world football? Because the two are probably mutually exclusive.

Personally, I lean towards any sort of structure is better than what we currently have in place. It really can't get worse in terms of club strategy and direction, both in the market and within the club, so any sort of change will most likely be for the better.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
He was left an aging and pretty weak squad that had been made to look far better than it actually was by SAF being a genius and leading them to a final title. He stepped into the footsteps of United’s greatest manager needing to not only rebuild a squad that had just won the title (but wasn’t going to again) and was expected to at least challenge for the title in the process.

He’s not a great manager anyway and it was madness to appoint him, but there was no way he could win. He was going to get compared to SAF at every step, he couldn’t start completely rebuilding a side in his first season that had just won the title and everything he tried to do he just got criticized for (bringing in Felliani springs to mind).
He was one of the very first people to recognise that our team needed serious work. He got hugely criticised and laughed at for this, but in hindsight those that laughed have been massively shown up. LVG came in, completely dismantled Fergies team and then we spent over half a billion on the squad. Not sure where we'd have ended up under Moyes, but he got shafted big time.

pocco

loco
I think it's just logic. Although my heart tells me that Solskjaer might turn out well, my head tells me that if we were being smart then we'd have gone for somebody like Pochettino (for example) who has shown that he can rebuild a squad to a high level on a small budget. Same applies here.

Woodward can't possibly know how these guys will do because they've never done it before. It's a gamble, a big one at that. Again, my heart tells me that they're United guys and know who fits the bill, but my head tells me its a risk and that simply playing for us doesn't mean you necessarily know what you're talking about when assessing players and development. The smart choice is always to go proven. I've always thought Neville talks having engaged his brain, he talks sense. This is what's happening here.

pocco

loco
We should want the best qualified individual regardless of their history and knowledge of the club.
The truth is that either way can work. Most DoFs come from different backgrounds, hiring ex players has worked for others. It just makes sense to have some experience in there, even if it's a mix of the two. To hire only ex players to run the rule over how the football side of things is run could be a costly mistake. Why have we seemingly ruled out anybody that's proven a success in these roles? It just seems crazy. Hopefully the gamble pays off and new people bring new ideas that revolutionise the club. Otherwise it will be another laughing stock decision by Woodward.