Gary Neville

Red00012

Don’t see the problem with him to be honest . It’s not his fault City are miles ahead of us

Rockets Redglare

The guys a tool. Gets an hard on over city and the scousers nowadays.
I mean you could hear him nearly cumming his pants when Rashford scored so I’m not sure that’s true.

He’s a pundit and commentator who has to talk about what’s happening in football, and he isn’t lying when he says City and Liverpool are miles ahead of United.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I mean you could hear him nearly cumming his pants when Rashford scored so I’m not sure that’s true.

He’s a pundit and commentator who has to talk about what’s happening in football, and he isn’t lying when he says City and Liverpool are miles ahead of United.
Who wouldn’t? That was a beauty of a strike. And it’s not just that it’s whenever we play either of them teams he’s biased towards the other 2 just to show that he isn’t being biased towards us. It’s embarrassing

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Who wouldn’t? That was a beauty of a strike. And it’s not just that it’s whenever we play either of them teams he’s biased towards the other 2 just to show that he isn’t being biased towards us. It’s embarrassing
It’s when we play anybody actually. He has this thing where even when we are winning games, if you couldn’t see the scoreline you would think we were 2-0 down when listening to him. It’s been the case throughout our recent winning run. It was the case when we led yesterday, which we did for long. City barely made Onana make a save.m in reality.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It’s when we play anybody actually. He has this thing where even when we are winning games, if you couldn’t see the scoreline you would think we were 2-0 down when listening to him. It’s been the case throughout our recent winning run. It was the case when we led yesterday, which we did for long. City barely made Onana make a save.m in reality.
Thats a bit disingenous... he made 3 good ones in the first half, then conceded 3 in the second, and City missed a literal open goal in between.

Also, even when we are winning games, it genuinely does often feel like we're 2-0 down, or on the edge of losing... I mean, we've only won two games by more then a single goal!

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Thats a bit disingenous... he made 3 good ones in the first half, then conceded 3 in the second, and City missed a literal open goal in between.

Also, even when we are winning games, it genuinely does often feel like we're 2-0 down, or on the edge of losing... I mean, we've only won two games by more then a single goal!
We were not hanging on, they were passing the ball side to side, and crossing it in which Varane was dealing with. I wouldn’t say they were getting in behind, apart from Foden’s chance. Anything else was normal ebb and flow of a match to me, first half I felt very relaxed, and if Haaland, who was anonymous, had scored that chance I wouldn’t have said it was coming.

And in all of these games you speak of we should have scored more goals ourselves to make it more comfortable. And in any case, Neville can never seem to grasp the fact that there are two teams on the pitch when we are winning. The other team is trying to not lose themselves. If you listen to him against Luton for example, he was totally embarrassing. Constantly on about how terrible we were because Luton had the temerity to try and get back into the game at home. We missed 4 1v1s too. City just about beat them last minute, Arsenal just about beat them last minute and Liverpool just about avoided defeat last minute. On those occasions, he seemed to put it down to the competitiveness of the league and acknowledge that Luton were perhaps trying to get something from the game.

We go to Villa Park and beat Villa who haven’t lost at home for a year, beating his favourite City team in the process, and win, yet his narrative is again centred around how apparently bad we are. He can absolutely feck off.

Wolves beat his City boys on their patch and we went there and beat them but his only concern seemed to be with the fact that Wolves also had chances for some reason, which apparently isn’t supposed to happen only against United.

Keep up the good fight Nev.
Not the first time recently. I remember him defending this tackle somehow.

“A yellow is right. I know when you’re doing someone, I’ve done it myself. He wasn’t there to do someone. It is certainly not a red, it looks worse than it actually is. His foot slips, it is not a red for me. This will ruin the game.
Meanwhile barely a game goes by when he's on our commentary where he doesn't do the 'oooooh he's tried to do him' or 'ooooooh he's snapped' routine. Yesterday we got a snapped with Ten Hag on the touchline. Couple of games ago Bruno apparently tried to do somebody. He was campaigning for a Casemiro red against Luton too.

Even Carragher is more balanced, as evidenced by their views on this McTominay tackle on Gakpo.

Neville's thoughts?
"McTominay's snapped. I think he's gone in to do him there. It's very naughty, he's lucky there. He's a lucky boy"
Carragher?
"He's followed through but it's so difficult to change direction. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt there."

Shinjch

He is so bad at just backing his first judgement and not backing down. When the facts change around something he has made his mind up on there is still no chance of his opinion changing.

A much better pundit than commentator for this reason. At least in the punditry he doesn't need to rely on his instant reaction for his final judgement.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Many of the takes in this thread are truly bizarre.

Neville is a commentator. That's his job. Perhaps he's guilty of being neutral to a fault from the perspective of United fans, but surely people understand that he has to be neutral - if he was "pro-United" in any shape or form, he wouldn't be doing his job.

And then there's the truly bizarre segment, who either genuinely think Gary Neville is not a United fan (but actually a City or Liverpool fan) or...yes what? If they don't genuinely believe it, why the feck do they keep suggesting it?

tomaldinho1

Many of the takes in this thread are truly bizarre.

Neville is a commentator. That's his job. Perhaps he's guilty of being neutral to a fault from the perspective of United fans, but surely people understand that he has to be neutral - if he was "pro-United" in any shape or form, he wouldn't be doing his job.

And then there's the truly bizarre segment, who either genuinely think Gary Neville is not a United fan (but actually a City or Liverpool fan) or...yes what? If they don't genuinely believe it, why the feck do they keep suggesting it?
The main weird thing for is it’s definitely true he does the ‘oh he’s lucky’, ‘that could be red’ comments for us all the time, usually for the most mundane of tackles.

If I give him the benefit of the doubt, he’s so used to trying not to be biased he’s become subconsciously harsh on United.

Without the benefit of the doubt, he’s probably making a killing off riling up our fanbase on social media.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He prefers non-cheating clubs over cheating clubs. He respects Liverpool football club, the history and what they are doing. He doesn't respect Manchester City.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

"He only says things us fans are thinking" - caf
It's an odd quote. You don't have to buy it. There are publicly available datasets tracking numbers of injuries.

I am just going to assume he meant to say that, even at full strength, he doesn't think we'd play much better. I disagree but I can see how you could reach that conclusion.

Sir Marcus

Isn’t half having a go at Mainoo here for following the managers instructions.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
He loves an agenda, doesn’t he? Picks a talking point and will incessantly refer to it for the full 90 minutes.

Every. Single. Week.

P.S. It’s cut-backs today, in case you didn’t hear him the first 500 times.

Utter prick as usual. Ranting about Mainoo for a solid two minutes, ignoring Carragher pointing out it's clearly a tactical instruction.

Wild that the club still give him so much access - especially after the Bruno stuff last season.

GlasgowCeltic

Stuck between wanting the manager out and not wanting to go back on his “never call out managers” stance, so he’s giving it to the players

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
He loves an agenda, doesn’t he? Picks a talking point and will incessantly refer to it for the full 90 minutes.

Every. Single. Week.

P.S. It’s cut-backs today, in case you didn’t hear him the first 500 times.
He clearly wants to be Martin Tylers eventual replacement so is sucking up to the powers that be.

Malone_Post

Isn’t half having a go at Mainoo here for following the managers instructions.
Its quite obvious he’s blaming the instructions not Mainoo himself.

The agenda against Nev on here is hilarious. He’s been absolutely bang on today. Needs to keep going in hard on Eriks horrific tactics.

gaffs

Utter prick as usual. Ranting about Mainoo for a solid two minutes, ignoring Carragher pointing out it's clearly a tactical instruction.

Wild that the club still give him so much access - especially after the Bruno stuff last season.
A tactical instruction?

Explain picking up Diaz and then leaving him?

Mainoo went towards the ball. A ball he was never going to get to, and left his man.

He deserves the criticism.

gaffs

Its quite obvious he’s blaming the instructions not Mainoo himself.

The agenda against Nev on here is hilarious. He’s been absolutely bang on today. Needs to keep going in hard on Eriks horrific tactics.
Some of our fans are so thin skinned. Nev is telling us how it is. Mainoo left his man, simple.

Mainoo and Casimoro are chasing shadows. They are getting caught pushing too far forward. One ball behind them are the back 4 is exposed. That is awful coaching and team setup.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
He patronisingly berated Fernandes in the first half about pressing the Liverpool centre-backs foolishly and that’s exactly where we got the goal from. Would you think he’d recognise his hypocrisy, though?

macheda14

He patronisingly berated Fernandes in the first half about pressing the Liverpool centre-backs foolishly and that’s exactly where we got the goal from. Would you think he’d recognise his hypocrisy, though?
I mean the moment he criticised it was a poor moment to press when Bruno was no where near anything.

Rockets Redglare

He might be worse than ever today.
Loved him as a player but feck me he is infuriating when he’s commentating on United games.

E-mal

He might be worse than ever today.
Loved him as a player but feck me he is infuriating when he’s commentating on United games.
Didnt rate him as aplayer, felt he was avaerage and benefited from playing in the best team. He overcompensates for being a united fan

Rockets Redglare

Didnt rate him as aplayer, felt he was avaerage and benefited from playing in the best team. He overcompensates for being a united fan
That’s just wrong sorry mate. He was a fantastic player.

Also I forgive him having just heard him jizz in the background of the commentary.

E-mal

That’s just wrong sorry mate. He was a fantastic player.

Also I forgive him having just heard him jizz in the background of the commentary.
That is your opinion, but the way he is seen as one of the greatest right back ever, not my cup of tea

Rockets Redglare

That is your opinion, but the way he is seen as one of the greatest right back ever, not my cup of tea
Yeah fair enough mate, each to his own.

I personally think he’s become massively underrated due to him constantly downplaying his ability and career on Sky since he retired.