Gary Neville

Red_Manc_M15

I refuse to listen to him on our games because he is always biased against us. Didn't once slag Ole because they're mates but praises Klopp and Pep like he wants to suck them off.

He is a an idiot. Just be biased as hell like all the dippers ex players do.

Herman Toothrot

"Easiest game of the run in". I've sat next to some gobshites at the football, but Gary Neville is one of the worst United fans I've had the misery of listening to.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters

"He only says things us fans are thinking" - caf
On my NBC commentary they said today was our 26th different back 4 combination and 12th CB pairing this season, it's no wonder we're a shambles half the time!

gaffs

I refuse to listen to him on our games because he is always biased against us. Didn't once slag Ole because they're mates but praises Klopp and Pep like he wants to suck them off.

He is a an idiot. Just be biased as hell like all the dippers ex players do.
What is wrong with you?

Biased against us? The man is MUFC through and through. Yes, he praises Klopp and Pep but there is a lot to admire. They are the best in the world right now.

He is a pundit and commentator. He is not on a youtube fan channel or on Sky Sports fanzone, where you used to have fans commentating on game.

Look at him celebrate the Mainoo goal. Was this "biased against us" ? .....

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
What is wrong with you?

Biased against us? The man is MUFC through and through. Yes, he praises Klopp and Pep but there is a lot to admire. They are the best in the world right now.

He is a pundit and commentator. He is not on a youtube fan channel or on Sky Sports fanzone, where you used to have fans commentating on game.

He is biased against us when doing comms.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What is wrong with you?

It's okay mate, admitting that Neville can be a twat sometimes will not kill you....

Whether he believes what he's saying all the time or he's a bit of a WUM (recalls that run down the ticki pitch side to celebrate in front of the scousers - yeah probably the latter) I find him to be a tedious listen on our games. Still a legend but yeah...

Red_Manc_M15

Lads don't get me wrong.

He's a legend for his contribution to all the trophies we won whilst I was growing up.

He never slags off players or ex managers he has worked with that and his shit comms is what I have an issue with.

Also AWB what a stupid decision that was.

Jev

What is wrong with you?

Some posters will simply never understand this otherwise rather simple point, no point wasting your energy.

Cessna

I will never get this.
If we are good and someone says we are bad - I couldn't care less.
If we are bad and someone says we are bad - fair game
If we are bad and someone says we are good. Well, never happens, but that would be annoying.

I agree that legends turning pundits may compensate for their allegiance by being overly critical or negative. But for United's sake, the criticism has been warranted most of the time. And ex-players not saying on television that their friend should get the sack, well I can get that.

Robertd0803

On my NBC commentary they said today was our 26th different back 4 combination and 12th CB pairing this season, it's no wonder we're a shambles half the time!
I feel sorry for the poor sod who had to work out that stat.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Personally, I think they are nearly all shite and barely have anything interesting to say. It's kind of background noise (although I've been lucky enough to get the odd stream with only the stadium noise and no Comms, it's great)...

I don't want a fan, I just don't want someone who's going to drone about how shit we are to the point where the shite on screen merges with the shite coming into my ears to make a bad experience even worse. This is supposed to be fun right? Describe and criticise the plays but don't go on and on about.........

You get the point

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
Utter prick as usual. Ranting about Mainoo for a solid two minutes, ignoring Carragher pointing out it's clearly a tactical instruction.

Wild that the club still give him so much access - especially after the Bruno stuff last season.
They have to. Imagine how bad he'd be if he got a sniff of the club freezing him out. He already causes enough negativity around the club and that's with him fully onside. I don't think for a minute he means to btw, he just can't stop talking, can't stop being negative when things are going bad and inadvertently making things worse around the fanbase, etc. I fully believe that when we finally do get things right no one will be happier than him.

Irwin99

Need to hear the context of his quote about injuries but the only thing i can think of is that he means that it's mostly been one area of the pitch where all the injuries have been-the defence- but even that's not really true at all with Mount, Casemiro, Hojlund, Mainoo etc all missing key games.

sugar_kane

What is wrong with you?

Great video that, interesting watching them at work particularly Drury.

Neville comes across as a lot more professional than Carragher unsurprisingly. You can see him turning the persona on/off, he’s just doing a job at the end of the day.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I really enjoyed listening to GNev today, he is trying hard to do his job while being a fan of this club & being hurt by what he is watching every week. I love that he calls out the tactical issues during the game rather than just trying to behave like nothing is wrong. It’s unfortunate that his time at Sky has come with United being trash for the most part which makes people hate him

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
He's an insufferable wanker. Fully embedded in the Sky Sports everything-is-a-hysterical-drama schtick now. Get in the bin.

MiceOnMeth

So he says all the things we say on a daily basis but gets criticized for it? I don't understand the G Nev hate

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
So he says all the things we say on a daily basis but gets criticized for it? I don't understand the G Nev hate
A better way of understanding it is that the haters are bigger wankers than he is :D

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Since he's part of INEOS stadium rebuild hopefully next season he will stop sucking off other managers and clubs.

always_hoping

He's a pure gimmick at this stage trying too hard to please and talk up other clubs than his own club.

Tyrion

People are wrong to think he's somehow biased against us, he's obviously not.

That said, I think his commentary isn't as good as it was a few years ago. Him and Sky have gone in a very clickbaity direction and it's really sensationalist.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

That said, I think his commentary isn't as good as it was a few years ago. Him and Sky have gone in a very clickbaity direction and it's really sensationalist.
Yeah hes trying too hard to please other clubs fans. You can do that or appear neutral without trying too hard.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner

Yep really true. He used to be an insightful pundit.

Sir Marcus

Utter prick as usual. Ranting about Mainoo for a solid two minutes, ignoring Carragher pointing out it's clearly a tactical instruction.
Its quite obvious he’s blaming the instructions not Mainoo himself.

The agenda against Nev on here is hilarious. He’s been absolutely bang on today. Needs to keep going in hard on Eriks horrific tactics.
There was nothing obvious about it, he didn’t mention it being a tactical instruction at all, so much so that Carragher had to mention it twice in defence of Kobbie, all the while Neville ignored Carragher and continued his rant about the ‘basics’.

Let’s face it, Nev is an arsehole. I understand being angry and frustrated at the state of UTD but to get vicious with young players as a result, particularly those that are least deserving, is shit.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Need to hear the context of his quote about injuries but the only thing i can think of is that he means that it's mostly been one area of the pitch where all the injuries have been-the defence- but even that's not really true at all with Mount, Casemiro, Hojlund, Mainoo etc all missing key games.
He was talking specifically for this game. He said Utd have 8, arguably 9 of their starting 11 playing so can't be making excuses.

A completely normal reaction to a 50 yard equaliser against our biggest rivals is to immediately talk about how 'embarrassed' you are that we've scored.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
There was nothing obvious about it, he didn’t mention it being a tactical instruction at all, so much so that Carragher had to mention it twice in defence of Kobbie, all the while Neville ignored Carragher and continued his rant about the ‘basics’.

Let’s face it, Nev is an arsehole. I understand being angry and frustrated at the state of UTD but to get vicious with young players as a result, particularly those that are least deserving, is shit.
I watched the podcast after the match on YouTube and he makes it clear that there must be a tactical instruction, Mainoo scored a great goal but his overall performance wasn't that good, but he wasn't the only one, that first half was one of the most inept performances I've ever seen, some of the passing would made a schoolboy team embarrassed

Bobski

Fairly obvious to me that he was questioning why Mainoo is being asked to do what he was doing that rather than why he is choosing to do it as an individual player.

Some on here need Paddy Crerand employed by Sky on an alternative feed.

redcucumber

He's going hard on ten Hag and our set-up. He's absolutely bang on. We're a fecking shit show.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I didn't listen to his in game commentary but I felt his post game analysis with Carragher was spot on.

Last edited:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He loves an agenda, doesn’t he? Picks a talking point and will incessantly refer to it for the full 90 minutes.

Every. Single. Week.

P.S. It’s cut-backs today, in case you didn’t hear him the first 500 times.
You can see plain as day on the Overlap. Neville loves a narrative and he will spin the feck out of a narrative if no-one opposes him, which is what normally happens. A few weeks ago Neville was spinning some weird narrative about 90's Liverpool and United players (something about Liverpool players staying out late on nights out as opposed to United players and that proved how United players were much more focused) and Keane immediately disagreed and Neville backed off from it :lol:

Steve Bruce

"Easiest game of the run in". I've sat next to some gobshites at the football, but Gary Neville is one of the worst United fans I've had the misery of listening to.
He said that and moments later we equalised and then went ahead. Slap it right up him. He is poisoning united fans heads (for those nieve enough to believe what he says) with negative crap.

crossy1686

career ending
There are a lot of criticisms of Neville, especially concerning his game commentary, that are absolutely justified.
What's wrong with his in game commentary? People want more personality and honesty in football and then when people say what's on their mind (right or wrong) everyone gets up in arms about it. You can have these opinion pundits or we can go back to the boring tropes or Peter Drury trying to squeeze Old Testament quotes into football matches. The problem is that for some reason people think Neville has some sort of influence when he speaks, the reality is that he's in in the entertainment industry and he's encouraged to speak his mind because it's good tv.