Gary Neville

Boy Wonder

I think G Nev wields too much power at Old Trafford through his media influence and it’s getting irritating. Let’s face it, he’s the de facto chief executive of Manchester United when it comes to the team and the board are so rudderless they are scared to act any differently to what he says due to the backlash they’ll receive from him.
I actually prefer Carragher as he can put a coherent argument together unlike G Nev who seems to contradict himself a lot when it come to Ole.

redshaw

He's a strange throwback coming out these with old mantras and adages as if their some cornerstone. We used to hear these things during the 70s 80s 90s in football and Gary holds onto these with dear life.

It just shows how thick he is if that comment about we tried Jose look how that turned out is true. Not only was Jose damaged by then and it was a gamble, he's saying United shouldn't hire a Tuchel, Klopp or Pep figure and that's insane. What is next once Ole does go, Giggsy, Butt, Fletcher? We've hired two past it and two not cut out for the job, we're yet to hire a top class manager and have wasted hundreds of millions that not even the law of averages can generate a major trophy or even a genuine challenge.

It's time to get serious as a club.

Marwood

I think G Nev wields too much power at Old Trafford through his media influence and it’s getting irritating. Let’s face it, he’s the de facto chief executive of Manchester United when it comes to the team and the board are so rudderless they are scared to act any differently to what he says due to the backlash they’ll receive from him.
I actually prefer Carragher as he can put a coherent argument together unlike G Nev who seems to contradict himself a lot when it come to Ole.
Wait till Gerrard gets the Liverpool job. Carragher will be in the same position and forced to contradict himself to defend his mate.

No guy is going to say on national television "sack my mate"

VivaRonaldo85

I’m not sure who we can ever appoint again as manager based on Gary’s philosophy of LVG and Mourinho being failures so that’s it for that ‘type’ of manager. Quite odd.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Wait till Gerrard gets the Liverpool job. Carragher will be in the same position and forced to contradict himself to defend his mate.

I dunno, Carragher is Scouse and you know what they say;

No loyalty amongst thieves.

Zoo

Liverpool are smart and would only appoint Gerrard if he was worthy of it. Would be much easier to defend him if he had a track record to fall back on.

Marwood

Liverpool are smart and would only appoint Gerrard if he was worthy of it. Would be much easier to defend him if he had a track record to fall back on.
Gerrard getting the job or not, who cares really.

My point was if he got it amd struggled do you not think Carragher would be in exactly the same spot Neville is? You think Carragher on Sky would ever say Gerrard should be sacked?

Same with Souness when Dalglish was manager. Never happening.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I’m not sure who we can ever appoint again as manager based on Gary’s philosophy of LVG and Mourinho being failures so that’s it for that ‘type’ of manager. Quite odd.
Bizarre logic alright. I think it's all in bad faith. Van Gaal wasn't world class when we hired him. And contrary to what Nev said, Mourinho was most definitely not the best manager in the world when we hired him.

And even if we had hired a bona fide world class manager, one on an upward trajectory, and it didn't work? Even then you'd have to be beyond stupid to think that's exhaustive proof that hiring world class managers doesn't work.

He's damaging his media profile with the dumb as feck logic he's trotting out.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
He didn’t want Jose sacked. His rant on TV before the Newcastle game when it leaked he would be sacked regardless of result saved Jose’s job…which says everything about the board.
I'm just wondering if he refuses to say anything against Ole because they're mates or because he just doesn't want to put pressure on a United manager as he stated a while back...

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I'm just wondering if he refuses to say anything against Ole because they're mates or because he just doesn't want to put pressure on a United manager as he stated a while back...
To be fair to him, I don’t think he’s ever called for a manager to be sacked in his punditry role. At least not since his Valencia stint

bonothom

Gary Neville was an embarrassment on Sky after the game. Caragher talks more sense. Same on the BBC, Ian Wright was spot on with his analysis. The coaching is shit. We need ex Arsenal and Liverpool players to point out what is blatantly obvious.

Womp

idiot
He made a comment where he was supposedly speaking for United fans where he said 'if you're a United fan, who loves this club and this stadium, you aren't asking for Ole to be sacked'. I chuckled a little, not going to lie.

Supposedly you should be content seeing things you love be shite, I guess I've been doing football wrong this whole time

SAFMUTD

To be fair he criticized everything about coaching just didn't said it was Ole fault. I get it, he's his pal. It must not be easy to go on live tv having to absolutely butcher the inept coach that happens to be your friend.

He pretty much said there are basic coaching mistakes, but didn't point out that it's a coaching problem. He's talking between lines, he will never ask for his friend to be sacked, would you? But he knows it's over.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

G Nev is projecting his insecurities on any new mid-season appointment. Moreso when his mate's job is on the line. Not every case results in the same outcome, Gary.

Red_toad

Embarrassing watching him squirm after that shit show. Should have just said he can’t comment out of respect to ole.

vivaronaldo

says he needs to win a trophy .............rules out winning the league and champions league in the next sentence

ole out gary , you know we are nothing but cardiff /molde right now

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Carragher is twice pundit than Gary is. Watching both of them yesterday, Jamie talking with lots of sense. Gary is full of cheap phrases

Baneofthegame

Can’t watch him commentate on Utd at the moment, the way he was describing the pressure and skirting around the fundamental problem at our club was awful.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Well we all know he just can’t backstab his mate, but maybe he should have spoken less on the topic. It’s clear if you hope the best for United, Ole just has to go.

Anustart89

He made a comment where he was supposedly speaking for United fans where he said 'if you're a United fan, who loves this club and this stadium, you aren't asking for Ole to be sacked'. I chuckled a little, not going to lie.

Supposedly you should be content seeing things you love be shite, I guess I've been doing football wrong this whole time
If you’re a proper United fan you don’t care about silly things like wanting United to do well, you want Ole to be the manager of United regardless of the result! That’s what loving the club is all about you numpty!

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
If he has any influnce, our board is more messed up than already assumed. He has no clue about managing a club, he drives by emotional bias. His track record shows that.

the chameleon

His comment about Mourinho being ‘ best manager in the world’ and how we’ve tried both Mourinho and van gaal so we won’t get anyone and stay at the same spot is beyond bonkers.

With a clueless and gun shy board which are nervous board, Neville is the last person I would want to represent Man Utd fans.

Combine that with ole being his buddy.

Such a busybody as Stam rightly called him yeArs ago.

NickSantigo

His post match comments annoyed me.
Saying we tried the big manager route with LVG and Jose so it won't work.

I'd accept that if they both left and were successful elsewhere but they are both clearly past their best

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
His post match comments annoyed me.
Saying we tried the big manager route with LVG and Jose so it won't work.

I'd accept that if they both left and were successful elsewhere but they are both clearly past their best
Wasn’t he saying that in relation to getting Conte in? I agreed with him there as I don’t think Conte would be a good fit or appointment either.

also, I know he doesn’t say Ole shouldn’t be sacked but he was the same with the previous 3 managers wasn’t he? and he’s not their mate.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Gary Neville is an absolute idiot with some of his logic. He reads games just fine and should stick to that. Anything beyond and he has no clue whatsoever.

saivet

Wasn’t he saying that in relation to getting Conte in? I agreed with him there as I don’t think Conte would be a good fit or appointment either.

also, I know he doesn’t say Ole shouldn’t be sacked but he was the same with the previous 3 managers wasn’t he? and he’s not their mate.
He doesn't call for them to be sacked but it is bizarre that he doesn't criticise the managers directly. If he can slander player performances then there's nothing wrong with calling out a manager. Not sure why he sees it as okay to slander players but calling out a manager is stepping across the line. You can criticise a player without demanding that he needs to be sold or leave the club just as you can criticise a manager without saying he needs to be sacks.

He doesn't need to be extreme but he's was just tying himself up in knots yesterday and it was embarrassing to watching.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I don't think I understand his point about LVG and Mourinho. Is he saying, since United tried the big name, world class managers to come in and win now and failed, doing it again clearly won't work so they should stick with Ole? Carragher is almost an extension of the United fanbase right now, because he is asking the questions United fans would if they had the chance.

indianabones2021

Supports
WBA
The opinion of Neville outside of the Man Utd fanbase is a lot more positive than inside the Utd camp. I almost always agree with him even with his stance on not sacking managers. But the modern game is ruthless and fans are restless and he knows deep down like the rest of us that managers won't be given the time they used to be given. He wants the culture to change, but it's not going to.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Would be ironic if he gets sacked for being a shit biased pundit which he is.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
He doesn't call for them to be sacked but it is bizarre that he doesn't criticise the managers directly. If he can slander player performances then there's nothing wrong with calling out a manager. Not sure why he sees it as okay to slander players but calling out a manager is stepping across the line. You can criticise a player without demanding that he needs to be sold or leave the club just as you can criticise a manager without saying he needs to be sacks.

He doesn't need to be extreme but he's was just tying himself up in knots yesterday and it was embarrassing to watching.
Fair point in your first paragraph I agree