Gary Neville

ElCholo

Supports
Boca
Brilliant player. Better than Cafu?
Tough question.
They both were world class full backs. But had different style of play.
For me personally, I like Cafu more. He was bombing on that side for Brazil and his teams for long time. But you need admire Zanetti loyality for Inter. He always gave everything for them.

ElCholo

Supports
Boca
Gary (and Carragher too to be fair) are a lot better players than people give them credit for. I remember one period where Neville was absolute shite and that was in the post treble year but other than that he had a remarkably solid career and in particular I remember him having an outstanding season in 06-07. Shaw gets praised a lot on here and rightly so when he plays well but I wish he'd had as many 'solid' seasons as Neville had rather than just one year of him being outstanding and the next being pretty poor or injured.
G Neville was so good, that Sir Alex Ferguson was ready to ship Giggs to Inter for Zanetti.

IRELANDUNITED

How can a United fan not stand Neville. Assuming you're old enough to have seen him play for the club - how can you hate him? Odd as feck.
Hate is too strong of a word but I can understand why United fans have disliked him since he stopped playing. He’s become an insufferable pundit who spend more time up Klopp and Peps arse than he does trying to talk good about his own football club.

Gavinb33

Perfectly reasonable to dislike what he's become since retiring from football IMO. A massive hypocrite with a track record for sacking people when he always advocates for more time when its not his club.
Why does Neville cop all the flack for the managers at Salford there are like 6 owners, if he wanted to keep them all and the other 5 wanted them gone he'd have no choice but to sack them

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I’ve never understood the hate for Neville from mancs. As a Liverpool supporter he was the most hated player on your team but probably one of the most respected because he epitomized what a united player was back then which was smugness and arrogance. I wish we had a Neville on our team back then.
Have you forgotten Gerrard?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Why does he go off on never-ending tangents several times per half. This isn't a podcast, comment on the fecking match that is happening.

Swedish_Plumber

Bruno anonymous again. But he’s the only one out there still buzzing trying to win the ball back.
Gary thinks he’s just trying to plant one on stones though. No matter what he sees on the replays he’ll stick to his stubborn, wrong narratives. Twat.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
cnut ain't he. Antony has enough of being Ole'd so does exactly what Neville himself would've done and booted a City player and he can't pull his tongue put of Doku's balloon knot quick enough to say Antony should be sent off.

RedAlert27

Jesus Christ, the sound of his voice goes through me. I hope he comes out with doing something sincerely illegal so we never have to hear or see the bloke again.

Zen

He needs to be taken off Man Utd games for commentating at least.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
He’s United through and through and had to watch and commentate on ten years of us being shit and dominated by city, I’m not surprised he’s disgusted by what he’s seeing

rajds89

A lot of you need to stop being so offended by everyone Gary says when the majority of it is spot on.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Weird he hounded Bruno out constantly and ignored Rashford in the big moments he fecked up in.

Castia

cnut ain't he. Antony has enough of being Ole'd so does exactly what Neville himself would've done and booted a City player and he can't pull his tongue put of Doku's balloon knot quick enough to say Antony should be sent off.
No he was spot on

3-0 down and we’re just trying to kick their player making ourselves look like fecking idiots

A bit of fight from 10 minutes on maybe???

Just to add Bruno is fecking embarrassing

Bubz27

No he was spot on

3-0 down and we’re just trying to kick their player making ourselves look like fecking idiots

A bit of fight from 10 minutes on maybe???

Just to add Bruno is fecking embarrassing
Antony just came on at 3-0, I'll let him have that kick.

Swedish_Plumber

Weird he hounded Bruno out constantly and ignored Rashford in the big moments he fecked up in.
Spot on. Loves criticising some but not others out of some sort of warped loyalty or familiarity. He’d be fecking awful if you had to consult him on how to improve things.
Probably thinks Evans in at CB is what all big clubs should have and what sets United apart. Someone who knows the club.

SirScholes

He was a fecking joke for that last 10 minutes. Bruno wins the ball while Stones lifts his studs to catch him - 'There we go, Bruno tried to do Stones there'. Absolute idiot.
He was correct with everything he said

Sylar

He's too emotional, and then kinda sets a narrative and sticks to it when he's commentating on us losing and being embarrassed by rivals.

M Bison

Supports
York City
He was a fecking joke for that last 10 minutes. Bruno wins the ball while Stones lifts his studs to catch him - 'There we go, Bruno tried to do Stones there'. Absolute idiot.
he did go to do him though? And he then came off worse and then rolled around on the floor while stones walked off drama-free.

Bubz27

Meh we just got outclassed and our players are just swinging at City players for 10 minutes. I thought it was sad.
Of course it's sad and its shite. But Neville goes overboard as usual.

SirtheIcarium

The problem is Bruno is a bad loser. Gary wants a team of nice losers, the sort of lads who get played off the park and then have a statement on their social media's within 30 mins about how they "owe the fans much better".

Bruno is a bad loser, he clearly doesn't like losing. That simply won't do for Gary Neville

Manny

Grammar Police
He's clown. Most of the criticism of our players from him was wild. Just creating narratives to pile pressure on the team.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
He's clown. Most of the criticism of our players from him was wild. Just creating narratives to pile pressure on the team.
Its bizarre. He said less about Stones leaving his foot in on Bruno than his self-made story that Bruno was trying to 'do' Stones. Yet, if Bruno never went for that 50/50, Neville would've said Bruno had chucked it and had stopped trying. Something seriously wrong with Nev.

Everything he said about about Antony and Bruno was spot on. They were a disgrace.
Gary's burner account?

Manny

Grammar Police
The problem is Bruno is a bad loser. Gary wants a team of nice losers, the sort of lads who get played off the park and then have a statement on their social media's within 30 mins about how they "owe the fans much better".

Bruno is a bad loser, he clearly doesn't like losing. That simply won't do for Gary Neville
The teams Gary Neville played with were full of bad losers. Keane, Stam, Butt, Ruud, Ronaldo, Rooney to name a few... and that's how the fans want it.

Malone_Post

Gary's burner account?
No. Our players were acting like childish pricks and were rightfully called out for it. You can’t just go round kicking and trying to injure opponents because they’re better then you. It’s pathetic and embarrassing. City were toying with us and their only response was to try and hurt them.