Gavi

Considering he is 18, Chelsea can amortise this over 16 years which counts as a hefty profit per year under the new FFP rules.

We just have to sell Loftus-Cheek for £3m to offset the entire operation too.

Reportedly torn ACL in a dead rubber tonight. Out for the season and Euros.

I don't particularly like him as a player but it's always very sad for any young player to pick up such a nasty injury for a useless game. Wish him the best recovery.

I don't particularly like him as a player but it's always very sad for any young player to pick up such a nasty injury for a useless game. Wish him the best recovery.
Not his biggest fan, far from it, but…

Was he the one that was playing a stupid amount of football for his age?

For any age, they're doing the same they did with Pedri. Play almost every single minute with the club and country, even the stupid games.

A very important loss for Barcelona. Let's hope he has a good recovery.

Barca are never gonna learn about overpaying their talented youngsters. Fati, Pedri and now Gavi all with serious injuries at a very young age (Fati and Pedri are quite injury prone now as a result) because Barca insist on playing them every single game. Wouldn't be surprised if the same the happens to Lamine in a few years.

Worst possible thing, playing in an unimportant game which costs you the season.

Kids under 21 should be only allowed certain number of games per season.
There is just too much football for top players.

Horrible cnut on the pitch and probably slightly overrated but I completely share your sentiment. I hope he comes back fully healthy with a speedy recovery.

That was Pedri.
Who has since been really crocked. Such a shame, because Pedri's skillset is/was the type to be best midfielder in the world at some point if he ever gets it all going again.

Gavi has played a lot too now, tbf. 27 caps for Spain at the age of 19.

Who has since been really crocked. Such a shame, because Pedri's skillset is/was the type to be best midfielder in the world at some point if he ever gets it all going again.

Didn’t Pedri play something like almost 80 full 90’s in a calendar year or something insane?

I read that he played every game for Spain since making his debut.

I didn't see the full statement about his injury : torn ACL plus meniscus injury, this is absolutely terrible for the kid, pretty much the worst he could have expected. Some players never fully recover from such damages to the knee.

I didn't see the full statement about his injury : torn ACL plus meniscus injury, this is absolutely terrible for the kid, pretty much the worst he could have expected. Some players never fully recover from such damages to the knee.

Good luck to him, he will need it. Even nowadays with all the methods, such knee injuries are very tricky and more often than not a beginning for consistent injury problems

Such a bad injury for him. He need to rest for maybe 6-9 months. After that he also needs time to fully recover himself, which is the most difficult stage of all and it will gain for a while. I hope he fully recover to his best again, he’s only 18, so I think he has some chances to do it.

Barca are never gonna learn about overpaying their talented youngsters. Fati, Pedri and now Gavi all with serious injuries at a very young age (Fati and Pedri are quite injury prone now as a result) because Barca insist on playing them every single game. Wouldn't be surprised if the same the happens to Lamine in a few years.

They're in a bit of a bind because of the financial restrictions, so they throw these young players straight into the fire instead of gradually bedding them in to get their bodies acclimated to professional life. They signed a cheaper, more veteran midfield option this year in Oriol Romeu and he already looks to be out of favor.

It is a bit sad to see all of these promising talents seemingly go to waste though. Both in the way Barca have structured some of their levers and the manner in which they are running through some of these young talents, they are really frittering away some long term value for the club in order to try to dig out of the hole they are in.

He is such a reckless player I'm baffled by how much dirty shite he keeps getting away with just see for yourself on YT and type "When Gavi gets angry. Fecking la masia Scott Brown

Last edited: