Geoff Shreeves | Bye bye

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
Shit-stirring, snide bastard, or an entertaining part of the Sky circus? Or does it depend on whether your team won or not? He certainly laid into Mancini last night.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
was it Shreeves who interviewed Michad Richards last night?
He stitched him right up and got him to slag off Mancini, well done Geoff !

Rudie

Mentary
Shreeves is a massive cnut, went to the same School of journalism as Kay Burley.

CallyRed

Geoff Shreeves asks such ridiculous questions its unbelievable.

Remember the time he and Fergie had a bit of row on TV? That was hilarious

Count Orduck

I was about to come in all guns blazing to defend him, then realised that I was thinking of Jeff Stelling.

Geoff Shreeves is a cnut. Can't stand him.

misterredmist

He has to get under his "victim's" skin to justify his employment - giving managers and players an easy ride is not an option after a poor result - they are encouraged to climb into them...

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I was about to come in all guns blazing to defend him, then realised that I was thinking of Jeff Stelling.

Geoff Shreeves is a cnut. Can't stand him.
:lol: I was about to do the same thing.

and yeah, he's a cock. Although it was funny when he cornered in Dalglish last season. Less funny when he's just being a knob to players/managers for the sake of it.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Interviewers by and large don't understand the game. After the Belgium - Scotland match, some muppet from BBC Scotland was questioning Alan McGregor why we didn't just go for it.

quethenoo

Interviewers by and large don't understand the game. After the Belgium - Scotland match, some muppet from BBC Scotland was questioning Alan McGregor why we didn't just go for it.
Yeah and he asked every player the same thing too, trying to get a rise. I suppose he thought he was voicing the general consensus, which sadly having spoken to a few people afterwards, he could well have been. But yeah, not too keen on shreeves.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Why shouldnt an interviewer ask the hard questions?

Im all for it.

He even made Fergie apologise live on air after he cursed

Andrew~

Bit of a cnut. But you need cnuts like that to ask the awkward questions, it would be nice if he was more knowledgeable about football so he could ask some awkward tactical questions, but he's doing alright so far.

What he did to Ivanovic was cold though - but hilarious!

Leg-End

Gabriel Clarke does pretty much the same job for ITV but in a less cnuty way, asks the questions we want to hear answered without trying to force it.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Gabriel Clarke does pretty much the same job for ITV but in a less cnuty way, asks the questions we want to hear answered without trying to force it.
Wasn't he the one who asked Mourinho if he felt sorry for City after the CL match?

Oggmonster

Shreeves is a far more interesting interviewer than most others in my opinion. Yes he probably over stepped the mark with the Ivanovic thing (though it wasn't half as bad as people made it out to be) but stuff like with Richards and Mancini last night and Dalglish last season is far more interesting to listen to than a standard in house interview where people are prepped for the questions and it's all just a massive PR exercise.

You can see people's true emotions after the game such as Richards clear frustration last night and it provided the talking point Sky were after, I don't see why these players or managers deserve free rides, people pay their money to go and watch the game so they do deserve answers to questions they are probably thinking themselves.

I don't think you can compare him to people like Kay Burley either, she pretty much does it to more "innocent" people, the people Shreeves is interviewing are more than likely trained in how to deal with the media, if not then the clubs shouldn't be letting them do interviews.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll

He just can't resist, can he?

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Still managed to be a total wanker. It's quite impressive, actually. :lol:

Loon

:lol:
When I saw this thread, I first thought Fergie's Bitch was gonna be involved in some unpleasant scandal...

Kag

Sorry if this is supposed to involve creating a new thread, but I don't think this bloke deserves the effort.

I don't think there's a bigger arsewipe in all of football than Geoff Shreeves.

El Zoido

Pretty appalling interview with Wenger just now. Grilling him like he was under investigation for a crime.

Kag

Would bin off his own kids for a sound bite.

Just asked Mahrez the same question about the Leicester owner on three occasions for no apparent reason.

Baxter

Very uncomfortable. Mahrez said it was difficult to speak about, so this cnut then asks him more questions. An absolute ghoul.