German Football 23/24 |

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chicken and egg
Don't get me wrong, in these discussions you two tend to be equally obnoxious :lol:

And while I would not exactly call myself a Leverkusen ultra, I would not mind them winning the league too much.

Great interview with Tuchel after the match... really goes against the pundits :lol:

(English subtitles available)

Great interview with Tuchel after the match... really goes against the pundits :lol:

(English subtitles available)

Tuchel is too thin-skinned, but it's definitely funny when people like Matthäus or Hamann with their great track record as coaches take it upon themselves to comment on team tactics.

Tuchel is too thin-skinned, but it's definitely funny when people like Matthäus or Hamann with their great track record as coaches take it upon themselves to comment on team tactics.

Imagine what the interview would have been like if he had gotten there on the back of a bad result, rather than a dominant 4:0 victory? That is the real tragedy of yesterday's game. We were all robbed.

Are there any legs in these Davies to Madrid rumours

His contract expires in 2025, so if he wants to he can probably force a move next summer. Could be that he genuinely wants to do what, or his camp could be using Madrid to get better terms from Bayern.

Last edited:
I think so. I expect him to go there.
Same. And I don't really see a good replacement. The obvious ones are at clubs that won' t sell (Barca, PSG, et al.) so maybe guys like Dimarco from Inter?

Same. And I don't really see a good replacement. The obvious ones are at clubs that won' t sell (Barca, PSG, et al.) so maybe guys like Dimarco from Inter?

It's going to be Guerreiro!

It's going to be Guerreiro!
I must admit that I forgot about him since he cannot stay healthy. He is a good cover (and can play the "8") and Krätzig has potential, but... If there is a good replacement, I wouldn't be too concerend about losing Davies. He is a great guy but he hasn't been outstanding for a while now.

I'm under the impression Davies barely evolved during the last three years. He tends to be sloppy in possession and takes some unnecessary risks when on the ball in the defense. Usually he covers his mistakes by being quick enough to catch his opponents. He's still a decent player, but I expected a better development.

I'm under the impression Davies barely evolved during the last three years. He tends to be sloppy in possession and takes some unnecessary risks when on the ball in the defense. Usually he covers his mistakes by being quick enough to catch his opponents. He's still a decent player, but I expected a better development.
Fair assessment I think. He’s still young and has loads of potential, though. So I’d still rather keep him. Especially as he strikes me as a likeable guy.

Derby win, third place in the league and probably seeing Braunschweig go down in a horrible way... It's been a long time since I had so much fun with my club :lol:

Some intriguing matchups in the next DFB Pokal round...Stuttgart vs. Dortmund is definitely the highlight and at least 4 lower league teams will make it to the quarter finals.

VfB Stuttgart - Borussia Dortmund
Borussia Mönchengladbach - VfL Wolfsburg
Bayer Leverkusen - SC Paderborn
1. FC Saarbrücken - Eintracht Frankfurt
Hertha BSC - Hamburger SV
1. FC Kaiserslautern - 1. FC Nürnberg
1. FC Magdeburg - Fortuna Düsseldorf
FC Homburg - FC St. Pauli

Some intriguing matchups in the next DFB Pokal round...Stuttgart vs. Dortmund is definitely the highlight and at least 4 lower league teams will make it to the quarter finals.

Six Bundeslia teams among 18 teams in total and four of them face each other. At this rate there will be like one or two left in the semi final.

Who did we get though

:(

I wouldn't mind that :)
i fully agree. The cup has never fascinated me, i think the last Cup match i saw on site was against the blue kittens and some Berlin final which we won against Frankfurt due to a magic Kahn save so must have been a while. Let some of the amateur teams have their fun it can only help football.

Elversberg leading 2-0 away against Schalke... and Fährmann injured during the warmup before the match. Schalke really can't end it's crisis, can it? :lol:

It’s boring when they win.

:nono:
1*UHXO1epnPrKUegH3EOzkEg.gif

edit:
Hamburg's home/away discrepancy is something else:
CmeT4Og.png

Last edited:
Elversberg leading 2-0 away against Schalke... and Fährmann injured during the warmup before the match. Schalke really can't end it's crisis, can it? :lol:
sadly no. and i have no idea how its supposed to get any better until the Winter break. This Squad is so badly put together that you gotta ask how this Guy was a scout before ??? also the Game starts and they are literally not there for the first 30 minutes. I think it was 0 shots on Goal. after that it was actually quite good you finish the Game with 23 to 13 shots and we should have won that. but hell no Schalke being Schalke

Hard to watch how much better Stuttgart are in this match :(

Hard to watch how much better Stuttgart are in this match :(
And then look how Heidenheim are fighting in Munich. No capitulation, 3-2 now after a 2-0 lead for Bayern. No comparison to what Dortmund did to Bayern last week...

Absolutely moronic challenge by Kobel. Deserved loss.

Are Dortmund that bad or Strittgart that good?
Last 2 Bundesliga matches Dortmund had am xG of over 3,35 against them.

Are Dortmund that bad or Strittgart that good?
Last 2 Bundesliga matches Dortmund had am xG of over 3,35 against them.

Both. Finishing aside Stuttgart played really well, but Dortmund was collectively and individually terrible. I mean it's one thing if youre sitting back and struggle to attack or if you're having an open game, where you're getting something in attack, but give up space at the back. But Dortmund had the bad side of both. They could barely keep the ball for more than a couple of seconds, yet kept offering lots of space at the back again and again. The kind of game that gets a coach into trouble if it isn't a one-off.

Germany's u17 WC campaign will officially kick off at 13:00 against Mexico (Sky apparently have a free stream).

Here's the squad:
https://www.transfermarkt.com/deutschland-u17/startseite/verein/17662

Some stand out players:
Assan Ouedraogo - I don't think I have to tell anyone about him, it seems mad that he's playing this tournament..
Paris Brunner - last year he scored 16 goals in 6 matches in the u17 BL, was then moved to the u19 at age 16 (also scored three goals in the UEFA YL). This season he's scored 10 goals in 8 games in the u19 BL, but there was a major disciplinary incident with him. The club isn't giving out any details to protect him, since he's a minor, but he's been pardoned just in time for the tournament. He seems to be a bit ahead of his peers in his physical development.
Noah Darvich - he's already making his baby steps with Barca's second team. Reportedly a gifted playmaker.
Finn Jeltsch - I know absolutely nothing about him, but he's made Nürnberg's first team bench in their last three games before his call-up, so I guess that's promising.

Germany's u17 WC campaign will officially kick off at 13:00 against Mexico (Sky apparently have a free stream).

Here's the squad:
https://www.transfermarkt.com/deutschland-u17/startseite/verein/17662

Some stand out players:
Assan Ouedraogo - I don't think I have to tell anyone about him, it seems mad that he's playing this tournament..

Can you elaborate why.

Im really looking forward to this tournament, watched 3 or 4 games of the team at the Euros earlier this year which they won and was quite impressed with a few players. Finally seems to be a decent generation of talent at last.

Can you elaborate why.

Im really looking forward to this tournament, watched 3 or 4 games of the team at the Euros earlier this year which they won and was quite impressed with a few players. Finally seems to be a decent generation of talent at last.

Why I think it's mad that he's playing the tournament?! Because he's already good enough to play 30-90 minutes every game for Schalke against grown men. So it seems a waste to play him against kids instead. On the other hand it may not be the worst idea to take him out of the spotlight a bit, the hype (and sadly, hate) have gotten a bit intense in recent weeks.

They may be too young to buy alcohol, but these guys are already up there with the senior team when it comes to missing opportunities. :drool:

Why I think it's mad that he's playing the tournament?! Because he's already good enough to play 30-90 minutes every game for Schalke against grown men. So it seems a waste to play him against kids instead. On the other hand it may not be the worst idea to take him out of the spotlight a bit, the hype (and sadly, hate) have gotten a bit intense in recent weeks.
Also he missed Schalke's last two matches with a muscle injury. It is unclear whether he will play at all as he is still recovering at the moment.

They may be too young to buy alcohol, but these guys are already up there with the senior team when it comes to missing opportunities. :drool:
Nice goal though by Darvich with both Brunner and Hermann involved.

And the second right now after Darvich tried to prove your point :lol:

how this guy was available for free and a bigger club, with all due respect, didn’t go hard to get him is beyond me

Union should play with a C team in the Champions league for the last two games even if it means they will miss the Euro League. In fact, they should welcome leaving Europe. The squad is not good enough to play Euro League and fight Relegation at the same time.

And meanwhile Leverkusen leads 4-0, keeps first place in the table and after the weaker matches lately seems to be back on track. Good for them, but Union's horrible run continues...

And meanwhile Leverkusen leads 4-0, keeps first place in the table and after the weaker matches lately seems to be back on track. Good for them, but Union's horrible run continues...
Only caught from the 60th minute but they play very nice, free flowing football. Very entertaining stuff.

Again so many empty seats in the Leipzig stadium. Really a disgrace for a top team of the Bundesliga.

Status
Not open for further replies.