German Football 23/24 |

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
I just came here to say I hate Dortmund. They sell us s*** after s*** and sell City and Real Madrid their proper players.

I realise it is United's fault that they buy them but I still hate Dortmund now.
Maybe you should try getting the *proper* players instead of chasing the s***s, then. Or maybe, just maybe, it's that Reverse Midas Miasma clouding your club that's responsible for that smelly problem in the first place

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
I just came here to say I hate Dortmund. They sell us s*** after s*** and sell City and Real Madrid their proper players.

I realise it is United's fault that they buy them but I still hate Dortmund now.
yes it is a devious masterplan.
In fact, everyone in germany knows that all Bundesliga clubs, led of course by BVB and FCB, cooperate in a secret underground base to create players that look good, but really are shit; there is also a hospital to create hidden injuries.
then the microwave cannon hidden on the backside of the moon is used to create chemtrails, which affect the brain function of whoever is in charge of hiring new players at Manchester United FC.

It has been taken great care that no other english club executives are affected because the grand scheme is to add insult to injury, and sell really good players like Gündogan, Rüdiger, Kehrer, Bellingham etc to everyone else. (The system still had flaws a while ago, that is why Havertz and Leno happened)

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

Your scouting is seriously fecked up.

I found this table quite interesting. It lists squads by the difference in purchase and „market value“. All according to Transfermarkt.de, but the story arc remains…

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/transfers/einkaufswert/statistik?land_id=&plus=1&sort=diff

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Would ManUtd really let their generational talent leave?

Dr. StrangeHate

yes it is a devious masterplan.
In fact, everyone in germany knows that all Bundesliga clubs, led of course by BVB and FCB, cooperate in a secret underground base to create players that look good, but really are shit; there is also a hospital to create hidden injuries.
then the microwave cannon hidden on the backside of the moon is used to create chemtrails, which affect the brain function of whoever is in charge of hiring new players at Manchester United FC.

It has been taken great care that no other english club executives are affected because the grand scheme is to add insult to injury, and sell really good players like Gündogan, Rüdiger, Kehrer, Bellingham etc to everyone else. (The system still had flaws a while ago, that is why Havertz and Leno happened)
I knew it.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München

Dr. StrangeHate

They weren't shit when you bought them. You ruined sooo many players I liked :(

I mean, surely by now you guys don't even hope that a player comes good when you sign him, you just buy so nobody else does. Leave them be! Just because you can't have nice things that doesn't mean you have to ruin it for others as well. At least you didn't get to corrupt Bellingham.
Maybe you should try getting the *proper* players instead of chasing the s***s, then. Or maybe, just maybe, it's that Reverse Midas Miasma clouding your club that's responsible for that smelly problem in the first place

I found this table quite interesting. It lists squads by the difference in purchase and „market value“. All according to Transfermarkt.de, but the story arc remains…

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/transfers/einkaufswert/statistik?land_id=&plus=1&sort=diff
Our scouting is very poor, there is no doubt about that. At present we are basically just getting what ETH points at. This is no way to run a football club. Our transfer record speaks for itself. Secondly we rarely improve the players we do get which is more worrying for me.

However, I still feel some player look better at Dortmund than they actually are. But then I look at Bellingham, Haaland, Gundogan, etc. and I am confused.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
#freeJadon

Gary Cotterill is already applying for an EU visa.

Our scouting is very poor, there is no doubt about that. At present we are basically just getting what ETH points at. This is no way to run a football club. Our transfer record speaks for itself. Secondly we rarely improve the players we do get which is more worrying for me.

However, I still feel some player look better at Dortmund than they actually are. But then I look at Bellingham, Haaland, Gundogan, etc. and I am confused.
I know it sounds far fetched, but players actually do tend to look better, when they are allowed to play to their strengths.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen

I think it is a) because you don't really know what you need/want and just look at quality general and b) your scouting doesn't look further than that either. My feeling is that for example you don't search/identify a pacey right winger who likes to start behind the lines, stay out wide and go into 1 on 1s but just for a 'good right winger'. If and how he could fit in is of secondary importance.

Plus your players generally seem to be indisciplined and develop bad habits which is probably a cultural aspect.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Plus your players generally seem to be indisciplined and develop bad habits which is probably a cultural aspect.
it is actually amazing how many players with, lets call it an interesting personality, performed at BVB and, now that i think about it, also FCB: Dembele, Sancho, Ribery, Robben.... must be all that goose step marching we do in training

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
it is actually amazing how many players with, lets call it an interesting personality, performed at BVB and, now that i think about it, also FCB: Dembele, Sancho, Ribery, Robben.... must be all that goose step marching we do in training
If you're doing well on the pitch your coach and team mates will permit a bit of eccentricity (up to a point) and the players themselves are probably more motivated to listen, too.
The lense through which everyone looks to decide whether the glass is half full or half empty is performance.

If on the other hand the club constantly wrecking their player's careers, while showering them with money, and their coaches can mostly see the writing on the wall, then it's no surprise to me, that characters are harder to manage.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Maybe you should have gone for Balotelli instead of Kane and Füllkrug

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

That indeed is pretty amazing. Every club that won the CL in the last decade is part of the top 10 in that metric, including Real Madrid who once had the reputation of burning money. They all create value due to success, and they buy players who can develop further to reach that highest level together.

While the failures just try to buy success.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I'm not sure what Robben does in that list? I remember him as highly professional and determined on optimizing himself. He was just unlucky that he was so prone to injuries.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
It took Bayern about 5 years to make a team player out of him
Yes, but that's an on field issue. It didn't occur to me to call him a difficult character as the others, as those did have their issues more off pitch?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

I've thought a bit about it and I think this is a good approximation of Watzke doing business with United:

"I'm not talking about improving your right wing, I'm talking about FIXING your right wing!"
"We're getting paid to sign him!"
"I'm not sure I can make that deal"
"You got got got! HAPPY SANCHO DAY, CHOOCHOOOO"

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

How does this line up on the pitch? Kimmich or Laimer at RB?

GlasgowCeltic

was expecting Upa to be the odd one out of the CBs but I guess he’s the only quick one

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
was expecting Upa to be the odd one out of the CBs but I guess he’s the only quick one
De Ligt got criticized that he needs to play quicker and more vertical. Less sideways passes. Upa and Kim are currently the starters.

avgp_1

Laimer seems to be filling in at RB again but the real contest will be on the other wing between Frimpong and Davies

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Im as nervous as normally only before CL matches.
Come on Bayern

Blackwidow

It seems to get broadcasted free (UK?) from Sky Sports Football on their youtube channel. I have read something like this today.

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
On Sky Sports mix from 8pm. Should be a red button option

Reij

Supports
Bayern Munchen
After ManUtd and Liverpool, here's Bayern with another shite kit.
Edit: how do they come up with these colors anyway..?!

Kane scores!!

JuriM

Nice assist by Leverkusen :D

It's very hard to win against Bayern if you keep gifting them easy goals.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
De Ligt lost his spot? Huh, admittedly I rarely watch Bayern but thought it would be Upamecano after the games against City last season. Tuchel not a fan?

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
After ManUtd and Liverpool, here's Bayern with another shite kit.
Edit: how do they come up with these colors anyway..?!

Kane scores!!
This one right here is this year's Wiesen kit. Some of them were pretty great in the past, this one not so much.

avgp_1

Dont like Andrich in that midfield for Leverkusen, dont know why Palacios was benched for him.

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
This one right here is this year's Wiesen kit. Some of them were pretty great in the past, this one not so much.
Wearing last years atm, only thing I hate is the qatar on the left side. Other than that it's one of my favorites.