Get Mauricio In

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Well, Woody is waiting for the season to be beyond repair so any action can be taken. In other words, nothing would happen until the chances for a top 4 finish are gone.

Steve Bruce

I understand why people are Ole out, but is potch really the answer?

What has he achieved in management?

Wayne's World

Surely If/when Everton beat us on Saturday then that's it. This nightmare will be over and we'll end this failed experiment with Ole.

Gives us two weeks to prepare the team after the international break too, it's perfect timing

AngliaRed

I understand why people are Ole out, but is potch really the answer?

What has he achieved in management?
exactly mate, he motivated a historically bottle job Spurs to start winning games and competing! I’m not playing Poch down at all, but he certainly isn’t an instant cure!

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Reeults in games like this won't change under Pochettino and he has a fecking shambolic record in big games too so we'll be worse off.

Plus we won't be reaching later rounds of cups.

And he's shit at transfers.

And says he doesn't need to win trophies, what kind of attitude is that?

Walters_19_MuFc

Poch is a good manager, but the answer you're looking for is nothing. Did he build a good team, yes, but ultimately as a manager, you're judged on silverware and Poch won nothing in six years.

He took the league cup and FA Cup for a joke at times, when that could have been his easiest way of winning something.

He could come to United and win everything but let's not go on like he's done anything special.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Why are people desperate for Poch? Has he ever been in a relegation battle?

Big Sam Allardyce is the man to get us out of this mess!

Greck

Reeults in games like this won't change under Pochettino and he has a fecking shambolic record in big games too so we'll be worse off.

So did we all just imagine him making a CL final?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I fear there’s a chance he’ll end up getting sucked into giving the likes of Pogba more time and that will end up getting him sacked.... then we will have to rebuild yet again...
I think we need to fully embrace pressing and modern coaching and not half arse it like we’ve been doing. The Man Utd way is outdated. I think a top class coaching team could still get a lot out of the players we have here so Poch might not be the worst shout but I’d rather just go for one of the German guys now because that’s where we are most likely going if Poch fails, just cut out the middle man!

matherto

So did we all just imagine him making a CL final?
The exception to the rule.

And he fecking bottled that too. Playing a barely fit Kane and not playing Moura probably contributed to him losing the dressing room and getting sacked.

Greck

The exception to the rule.

And he fecking bottled that too. Playing a barely fit Kane and not playing Moura probably contributed to him losing the dressing room and getting sacked.
So did Ole bottle those 3 semifinals last season?

Crustanoid

The Glazers need their blood money to fill their greedy faces. That is why.

Don't be naive.

The only reason this club and you, the fans, exist is to give them their dividends. Enjoy being their whores.

Walters_19_MuFc

If we were to get him, he'd set up more or less the same as Ole. He's very much a 4231 manager, and Ole has been buying players for that system.

As fans, I guess we'd want the big difference to be how we set up off the ball and different ways to break defensive teams down.

La Vecchia Signora

Supports
Juventus
People who are saying what silverware did Pochettino win, don't know that everything start once, either earlier on your career or later. The guy trained tottenham who are not used to winning trophies before he turned them into a contenders. What matter is, is he better than the current manager. I believe that he is 70% better than Ole.

reddev3

Can we not for once take a manager from a club doing well rather than one because he was available at the time because no one wants them.

matherto

So did Ole bottle those 3 semifinals last season?
Absolutely.

Anyway I double checked and here's the tale over his Spurs tenure.

2018/19
won 3-0 against United away
lost 2-1 against Liverpool at home
lost 1-0 against City at home
won 3-1 against Chelsea at home
lost 4-2 against Arsenal away
lost 1-0 against United at home
lost 2-0 against Chelsea away
drew 1-1 against Arsenal at home
lost 2-1 against Liverpool away
lost 1-0 against City away

W2 D1 L7

Out of FA Cup in 4th round
Out of League Cup in semi against Chelsea (beat Arsenal in Quarter)
CL Final (beat City in semi, lost against Barca at home, drew away in group stages)

2017/18
lost 2-1 against Chelsea away
won 4-1 against Liverpool at home
lost 1-0 against United away
lost 2-0 against Arsenal away
lost 4-1 against City away
won 2-0 against United at home
drew 2-2 against Liverpool away
won 1-0 against Arsenal at home
won 3-1 against Chelsea away
lost 3-1 against City at home

W4 D1 L5

Out of FA Cup in semi against United
Out of League Cup in 4th round
Out of CL in R16 against Juve (drew 1-1 against Real away, won 3-1 at home in group stages)

2016/17
drew 1-1 against Liverpool at home
won 2-0 against City at home
drew 1-1 against Arsenal away
lost 2-1 against Chelsea away
won 2-0 against Chelsea at home
drew 2-2 against City away
lost 2-0 against Liverpool away
won 2-0 against Arsenal at home
won 2-1 against United at home

W4 D3 L3

Out of FA Cup in semi against Chelsea
Out of League Cup in 4th round against Liverpool
Out of CL in group stage, out of Europa in R32

2015/16
won 4-1 against City at home
drew 0-0 against Liverpool at home
drew 1-1 against Arsenal away
drew 0-0 against Chelsea at home
won 2-1 against City away
drew 2-2 against Arsenal at home
drew 1-1 against Livepool away
won 3-0 against United at home
drew 2-2 against Chelsea away

W3 D6 L1

drew 1-1 against Leicester away
lost 1-0 against Leicester at home

Out of FA Cup in 5th round - beat Leicester in 3rd round replay
Out of League Cup in 3rd round
Out of Europa in R16

2014/15
lost 3-0 against Liverpool at home
drew 1-1 against Arsenal at home
lost 4-1 against City away
lost 3-0 against Chelsea away
drew 0-0 against United at home
won 5-3 against Chelsea at home
won 2-1 against Arsenal at home
lost 3-2 against Liverpool away
lost 3-0 against United away
lost 1-0 against City at home

W2 D2 L6

Out of FA Cup in 4th round
Lost LC Final against Chelsea
Out of Europa in R32

Actually better in cups than I remember. One good cup run a year but either a semi loss or a final loss (becase he hates to win trophies it seems). I remember the early cup exit was always a theme of his tenure, it almost became a meme and there's one of them a year.

Decent results against Barca and Real.

Distinctly average at best against domestic big teams, bad against Liverpool especially.

Fluked a CL run with a shock result against City over two legs and a fluke last minute winner against Ajax then fecked up the final.

in his best league season he came third in a two horse race, against Leicester.

Do. Not. Want.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Surely If/when Everton beat us on Saturday then that's it. This nightmare will be over and we'll end this failed experiment with Ole.

Gives us two weeks to prepare the team after the international break too, it's perfect timing
So called Man Utd “fans” wanting and rooting for us to lose.

Disgusting.

el3mel

Ok, let's get Allegri in then. He's a trophy winner and has ton of leagues and cups in his trophy cabinet. I guess this solves all your complains about Poch ?

"Oh not his football is shit" is the answer upcoming I guess.

Anything to justify not reviewing the manager position.

Wayne's World

So called Man Utd “fans” wanting and rooting for us to lose.

Disgusting.
I don't want us to lose but let's be honest here, we are absolute shambles on and off the pitch. I'm going into the game on Saturday fully expecting to lose because the standards of this club is so low under Ole.

That's why I said IF/WHEN we lose, that will be it and we can move on and get in a proper manager, don't care If it's Allegri, Poch, Rose, Naglesmann etc and we can kick on again as a top club in English football and not hoping to get top 4 every single season

matherto

Ok, let's get Allegri in then. He's a trophy winner and has ton of leagues and cups in his trophy cabinet. I guess this solves all your complains about Poch ?

"Oh not his football is shit" is the answer upcoming I guess.

Anything to justify not reviewing the manager position.
I’m fine with reviewing the manager position but Poch absolutely isn’t the answer and won’t inspire this group of players anymore than Ole does. He hasn’t got a winner’s mentality trophy wise and he didn’t vastly outperform AVB or Redknapp at Spurs. He’s also shocking transfer wise. Plus he’s crap compared to Ole in big games. That’s a review.

Allegri is exactly as you described, has won trophies but plays shit football, and those trophies are with Juve for the most part where the league is a foregone conclusion every season. One surprise league win powered by Ibra at Milan. Who knows how well he’d do when he’s not the overwhelming favourite. That’s a review.

el3mel

I’m fine with reviewing the manager position but Poch absolutely isn’t the answer and won’t inspire this group of players anymore than Ole does. He hasn’t got a winner’s mentality trophy wise and he didn’t vastly outperform AVB or Redknapp at Spurs. He’s also shocking transfer wise. That’s a review.

Allegri is exactly as you described, has won trophies but plays shit football, and those trophies are with Juve for the most part where the league is a foregone conclusion every season. One surprise league win powered by Ibra at Milan. Who knows how well he’d do when he’s not the overwhelming favourite. That’s a review.
So what's your choice then ?

matherto

So what's your choice then ?
Not a fecking clue.

If the board won’t back the manager then I really don’t know how we’re supposed to improve. What happened in the summer was exactly what happened to Jose the summer before he was sacked. Manager identified the targets and the board failed to get them, the season started off poorly and the manager was replaced. We’ve been stuck in the same place since SAF retired.

I‘ve seen progress under Ole in scouting and in parts when we’re really good but we’re shit against the low block and I don’t know if Ole knows how to fix it.