Get over it, Chelsea is fitter

meamth

Don't care we lost that, it was fecking unfair at the first place.

The pressing from them is too obvious to see.

Move on.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Fitter? They've rotated a lot more and they had more rest. We've been running on empty for the last 5 games now. It's a management issue.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
We played Monday, Thursday Sunday. They 2 extra days and it showed.

Issue I have is why play your first team at all if they are fatigued

Untied

Fitter? They've rotated a lot more and they had more rest. We've been running on empty for the last 5 games now. It's a management issue.
It’s not really a management issue that in the week leading up to this game they played once and we played twice

MuranoLover

Don't care.
We just had two put a really 2nd string team.
Why did Bruno play?!

Schneiderman

They were pressing like crazy. There's no way we could have done that two days after a game. Do think we were massively disadvantaged, roll on to West Ham.

starman

Yeh, bad management closing the gap to Leicester and Chelsea in the most important competition, bad Ole.

meamth

That's what I meant, they are fitter today because of the rest.

We fielded rotated team, but can't challenge them, tried to win the game later on, still people moan about it.

I'm saying, Ill do the same thing Ole did today, but it's too obvious the FA feck this up.

prateik

Dont care about the result. Would have preferred a proper second string team.. giving 4 of the front 5 some rest and playing at walking pace is better than nothing.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Or the depth in the squad isn't good enough, hence we can't trust the fringe players to get the job done.
We had to make a choice, prioritise the league and CL qualification or going hell for leather today and risk the next two games.

It’s not really a management issue that in the week leading up to this game they played once and we played twice
Of course, that's not on Ole. But he selected players who are gassed. Our squad depth is worse, so we've not rotated, needing a win every game, but this was a chance to have a breather.

DevilRed

Very unfair. At this stage of the season who the feck gets afforded 5 days rest?

Someone please tell me they have to play the dippers in 2 days time? Because I can't see how that wouldn't be evening up the schedule..

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
That's what I meant, they are fitter today because of the rest.

We fielded rotated team, but can't challenge them, tried to win the game later on, still people moan about it.

I'm saying, Ill do the same thing Ole did today, but it's too obvious the FA feck this up.
Ah, I get you. Thought you meant fitter, generally. Cause I think our team is quite fit when they are allowed minimum recovery time.

crossy1686

career ending
Annoyed about the result but I expected us to lose today. A 19 game unbeaten run is madness and can’t go on for ever, also the league is more important and Chelsea had two days extra rest so Ole had to change it up.

Pissed off with De Gea again for costing us but let’s just win against West Ham and get that top 4 sorted so we can address our issues in the transfer market this summer

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Yeh, bad management closing the gap to Leicester and Chelsea in the most important competition, bad Ole.
He takes steps forwards and backwards. Some things good, some things bad. Personally, I'm still not convinced.

NK86

Dont care about the result. Would have preferred a proper second string team.. giving 4 of the front 5 some rest and playing at walking pace is better than nothing.
Would have hoped Bruno was rested today and Rashford didn't start. The tiredness crept in as the game wore on.
The next two games are crucial. If we start well, very high chances we will be able to run on adrenaline.
If we start poorly, we could see the effects of this crazy schedule and poor second string very quickly.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
It's clear Ole doesn't trust our squad players, who to be fair, are mediocre at best. Results in performances like this when players playing all the time are burned out and players who aren't trusted are undercooked.

We have a better first XI than Chelsea, but there's less drop off in quality when they chop and change - hence why they do so much more often.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
We had to make a choice, prioritise the league and CL qualification or going hell for leather today and risk the next two games.
I do agree about prioritisation. When the second one I thought straight away Ole should have got Bruno and Rashford off. It's disappointing to lose today but if we get top 4 I don't I'll care all that much. Wednesday is huge so just hope everyone is available.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Chelsea has better depth than us. Early in the second half we literally played the same players that has been constantly playing all through since the restart. Chelsea also had two extra days of rest

Stacks

We played Monday, Thursday Sunday. They 2 extra days and it showed.

Issue I have is why play your first team at all if they are fatigued
5 days rest over 3 days rest had a massive say at this stage.
since last Saturday both teams have played 3 times. 3 times in 9 days. This is an excuse. They have also constantly rotated players in these 3 games. See the Sheffield United line up where they lost 3-0. They were just better today and we played with a strange line up

Fooza

I will react in a week time, if we in top 4 happy days and better than being in the FA cup final for me.

ReddevilTinu

Now that we have lost and run has ended I would like that we react well to this loss. We still need to have 2 wins in PL

Man-United

since last Saturday both teams have played 3 times. 3 times in 9 days. This is an excuse. They have also constantly rotated players in these 3 games. See the Sheffield United line up where they lost 3-0. They were just better today and we played with a strange line up
They were fresher but that's on Ole because he thought he could play the same XI every game.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Anyone that thinks it's fitness or rest is embarrassing themselves.
We couldn't handle the press, we played a disjointed team, we could have controlled that game had we played our full strength team.
Individual mistakes and a lack of composure cost us not fitness nor tiredness.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I care but when I saw the team, knew we would lose. Whoever decided the fixture list and gave Chelsea an extra 48hrs is a cnut.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Very unfair. At this stage of the season who the feck gets afforded 5 days rest?

Someone please tell me they have to play the dippers in 2 days time? Because I can't see how that wouldn't be evening up the schedule..
They play on Wednesday again, same day as us.

siw2007

I didn’t see the game, but based on comments it seems they pressed us to death. I agree that the extra 2 days rest benefited them, we don’t have the strength in depth to rotate past our first 11 which is fatigued anyway. I would also add that they would be extra determined to beat us today as we were 3 up on them this season.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Was it some step he took that caused DDG to have two brainfarts?
I do not mean to underplay how shocking he was, but the whole team was dreadful. Or did I miss anything? Imagine how much better it would have been losing that match with our squad+youth players, knowing that our key players were getting ready for Wednesday.

meamth

You're taking recovery time very easily. That is the most important thing for the athletes to perform to their normal capacity.