Geyse Ferreira | Our new #23

Lightbringer

To everyone that has Russo #23 jerseys, I suggest removing Russo with GEYSE :devil:

Lightbringer

What. A. Player.
She has 2 goals in her last 31 competitive matches. If she can find people with crosses it does not matter however. Barcelona fans were frustrated she was a physical beast but lacked final precision in the ends products! But some of the moves she pulled off in this 2nd half were insane :D

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
She looks genuinely unstoppable at times. Once she gets more settled in to the team I think the final decisions will improve which will be fun.

ForeverRed1

She’s not at full fitness yet either and only played a handful of games for us. She is fantastic. Quality player. The challange for United will be keeping her. Just like all our best players. Needs more goals but what she offers the team is clear.

Grande

She looks genuinely unstoppable at times. Once she gets more settled in to the team I think the final decisions will improve which will be fun.
She surely is someone to get you at the tip of your seat, isn’t she?

What I noticed from the Villa match was how often she’d get passed her full back, but then passed it into a defender, because nobody in a United shirt had made a run towards the first post or positioned themselves for a cut back.When our players learn when they have to start for a Geyse run, she’ll be able to set up a lot of tap ins.

Brightonian

Actually a shame she's not playing with Russo. With Geyse's creativity and Russo's poacher instincts, they'd have been prolific.

Plenty of players on our books who can develop a front post run habit though.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Actually a shame she's not playing with Russo. With Geyse's creativity and Russo's poacher instincts, they'd have been prolific.

Plenty of players on our books who can develop a front post run habit though.
Geyse/Malard could be a brilliant pairing for us. If there's one thing we already know it's that Malard is sharp and hungry in front of goal.

The whole forward line will need time to gell. Geyse is capable of the unexpected and our own players need time time on the the training pitch and in matches to work it out. Fingers crossed she can get to 100% fitness for us - she could be a joy to watch.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Geyse may miss a couple of games but is available for Arsenal

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Hmmm. The precision of her footwork and the accuracy of her crossing are exceptional - not really things that I remember as marks of Antonio's play. She does struggle to turn app that lovely technique into goals though, so I'll give you that.
Also, she loves to take on players one-on-one, something Valencia refused to do most of the time.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Hmmm. The precision of her footwork and the accuracy of her crossing are exceptional - not really things that I remember as marks of Antonio's play. She does struggle to turn all that lovely technique into goals though, so I'll give you that.
Yeah a bit lazy in my comparison but I meant can beat the fullbacks easily but is guilty sometimes of her cross not beating the front man but perhaps I’m being harsh as I don’t watch often enough

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Nice finish - does mean that she misses this weekend WSL and maybe even next week if Brazil progress

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Nice finish - does mean that she misses this weekend WSL and maybe even next week if Brazil progress
I don't think we'll see her until our match with Bristol on the 17 March.

The QFs are this weekend. It's seeded (based on the group stage) and as one of the top seeds they'll be favourites to go through. Semifinal is midweek. The last group stage matches are tonight and those will decide their knockout opponents, but they could meet the USA in the SF.

If they make the final, that's on March 10th.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Brazil will play the USA in the final of the CONCACAF Gold Cup on Sunday evening (US) early hours of Monday morning (UK)

Geyse didn't play in Brazil's midweek 3-0 semifinal win over Mexico. I've not heard that she's injured or anything so hopefully she'll see some minutes in the final.