Geyse Ferreira | Our new #23

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout

25-year old Brazilian striker has signed for United from Barcelona. Strong, fast and can finish well with both feet.

She moved to Europe in 2017, joining Madrid CFF. Signed for Benfica a year later, scoring 16 goals in her first four games, six of those in a single game. Madrid re-signed her in 2020. Geyse scored 30 goals in 56 matches for them.

Played last season at Barca, but failed to become a starter there. She finished the season with six goals in 24 league matches and four goals in 10 appearances in the Champions League. Second in UWCL assists overall and she recorded third highest top speed in the competition. On top of that she of course won the UWCL + Liga F double in Catalunya.

Six goals in 41 international caps is not great to be honest, for such a good team too. She came on as a sub in their 4-0 win over Panama in the WWC group opener, played the first 60 against France and made another late sub appearance against Jamaica.

The striker has also played futsal for a few years and you can see the benefits. I believe she's just under 170cm but uses her lower body strength really well. A different type of a striker to Russo but I'm confident we'll have plenty of joy with her pace up front.

A skillful and technical forward who can play on the wing as well. Barca played her as a RW a lot but I believe we have signed her to be the focal point of the attack. And as said Geyse is quite strong too, but just not the kind of a target striker Russo is. She's decent in the air with her impressive leap. Her movement is superior to Russo and she's better at pressing, in my opinion.

Welcome to United, Geyse!

Last edited:

Lightbringer

Glazers paid up - this transfer was not cheap for certain :D

Have not watched her play much but the ambition of buying a player that rejected Arsenal for Barcelona is immense!

Lets hope she will have Kerolin by her side soon...

top1whoisman

Scout
GF:
"I am very happy to be here.

"Signing for United has been a very special day for me and my family.

"I am very grateful for this opportunity and thank everyone for making it happen."

Marc Skinner:
"Geyse is a proven winner on the biggest stages. She has won both domestic and international honours and her winning mentality is an important addition to our team, ahead of a busy campaign across several important competitions. We are delighted to welcome Geyse into our Manchester United family and cannot wait to see her excite our wonderful fans."

Polly Bancroft:
"We are delighted to secure Geyse’s signature and have no doubt that her addition will help elevate our playing squad to another level.

"Her winning pedigree is unquestionable, and we are excited to see her flourish here at Manchester United."

rooneyberbatov

Fans at Barcelona weren’t happy with her but she’s an exciting player and I think a new start is a good thing. She was great in Madrid.

Lightbringer

Yeah.

27 Mar 2021: Man Utd 2:0 West Ham United (no fans due to Covid)
27 Mar 2022: Man Utd 3:1 Everton
03 Dec 2022: Man Utd 5:0 Aston Villa
25 Mar 2023: Man Utd 4:0 West Ham United
19 Nov 2023: Man Utd v Man City

I might have missed something.
Great summary, well done.
---
Sidenote:

We are missing out on some great revenue not playing Chelsea and Arsenal at home last season and also Chelsea and Arsenal at home this season.

One reason Arsenal has transfer funds is the get those big crowd games in, and of course the big crowds in champions league.

I cant understand why United choose shitter teams that draws less people unless they were afraid of losing?

Wixqaz

Supports
Celtic

25-year old Brazilian striker has signed for United from Barcelona. Strong, fast and can finish well with both feet.

She moved to Europe in 2017, joining Real Madrid. Signed for Benfica a year later, scoring 16 goals in her first four games, six of those in a single game. Real re-signed her in 2020. Geyse scored 30 goals in 56 matches for Real.

Played last season at Barca, but failed to become a starter there. She finished the season with six goals in 24 league matches and four goals in 10 appearances in the Champions League. Second in UWCL assists overall and she recorded third highest top speed in the competition. On top of that she of course won the UWCL + Liga F double in Catalunya.

Six goals in 41 international caps is not great to be honest, for such a good team too. She came on as a sub in their 4-0 win over Panama in the WWC group opener, played the first 60 against France and made another late sub appearance against Jamaica.

The striker has also played futsal for a few years and you can see the benefits. I believe she's just under 170cm but uses her lower body strength really well. A different type of a striker to Russo but I'm confident we'll have plenty of joy with her pace up front.

A skillful and technical forward who can play on the wing as well. Barca played her as a RW a lot but I believe we have signed her to be the focal point of the attack. And as said Geyse is quite strong too, but just not the kind of a target striker Russo is. She's decent in the air with her impressive leap. Her movement is superior to Russo and she's better at pressing, in my opinion.

Welcome to United, Geyse!

Relatively minor thing, but good to be correct. She wasn’t at Real Madrid at all. She played in 2 stints for Madrid CFF who are a completely different team they’ve existed much longer than Real in woso who also like us are late to the game.

top1whoisman

Scout
Relatively minor thing, but good to be correct. She wasn’t at Real Madrid at all. She played in 2 stints for Madrid CFF who are a completely different team they’ve existed much longer than Real in woso who also like us are late to the game.
Of course, my bad! Thank you for the correction.

Wixqaz

Supports
Celtic
---
Sidenote:

We are missing out on some great revenue not playing Chelsea and Arsenal at home last season and also Chelsea and Arsenal at home this season.

One reason Arsenal has transfer funds is the get those big crowd games in, and of course the big crowds in champions league.

I cant understand why United choose shitter teams that draws less people unless they were afraid of losing?
Utd choose the times and then whichever game it is goes there. It’s during men’s NT breaks or Womens football weekends usually. They wanted a third game last year but couldn’t because it clashed with the Manny Marathon.

Arsenal aren’t making more money from games than we are, all games at the big stadia are loss making until the ticket prices increase. You spend more on the cost of manning it than you make in ticket sales. Though of course you expand the supporter awareness so it’s worth it in the long run.

Arsenal haven’t spent a lot on the transfer fees, their signings like most woso transfers are mostly free. Even Chelsea have basically only spent on Fishel.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
---
Sidenote:

The tough part is probably that the fixtures can only really be played in men's international breaks and I don't know how the fixture scheduling is organised but I guess the teams in Europe have priority and we have events like the Super League Grand Final so the window to host games is narrower.

Hopefully we do get to a point where we play more games in Europe, build the fanbase further and the club see that hosting more WSL games is worth it

Lightbringer

Utd choose the times and then whichever game it is goes there. It’s during men’s NT breaks or Womens football weekends usually. They wanted a third game last year but couldn’t because it clashed with the Manny Marathon.

Arsenal aren’t making more money from games than we are, all games at the big stadia are loss making until the ticket prices increase. You spend more on the cost of manning it than you make in ticket sales. Though of course you expand the supporter awareness so it’s worth it in the long run.

Arsenal haven’t spent a lot on the transfer fees, their signings like most woso transfers are mostly free. Even Chelsea have basically only spent on Fishel.
About Arsenal, gotcha. Should have said Arsenal have plenty of money to throw around on player salaries as they are the only real team without a sugar daddy that is spending like Chelsea and City. I dont like Arsenal but I can respect them in that sense.

I appreciate the other info. Just feels weird Arsenal would succeed with getting a lottery schedule against Chelsea or Arsenal at a convenient time while we get middle pack teams. I just think it there is the big clash vs Arsenal and Chelsea it would get an additional 5-10K to watch, I might be wrong though.

I did not know it cost so much to operate the stadium, I do know it cost money but were not aware on how much.

The ideal solution would be to build a new 10 000 arena for the womens team closer to where our fans are, while at Leigh its impossible to grow because its so far away and travel is sh1t. Thats a big problem the club needs to solve. Yes, we get the dire hard fans coming back, but the growth is limited because of this!

The sky is the limit for this club, the people in charge just needs to to make things happen ASAP!

Last edited:

Glorio

Now watch Skinner forget she exists.

Hope she does well here!
:lol::lol::lol:

Was thinking the same! Wasted some really good foreign players last year, and made me wonder why he even bothered buying them

Lightbringer

:lol::lol::lol:

Was thinking the same! Wasted some really good foreign players last year, and made me wonder why he even bothered buying them
Remember Leon is back at United, we´ll see how that goes. I would prefer if we sold her, I dont think Skinner will play her anyways!

Grande

Very interesting aquisition! She strikes me as quite a different type to Alessia Russo, and makes me wonder if we’ll se a bit different football next year. I guess it’s Polly Bancroft’s first big signing? If she wasn’t also involved it bringing in Jayde Rivedere and Lisa Naalsund, that is. It will be interesting to see if these players are better fitted to Skinner’s needs than Tounkara, Cascarino, Bøe Risa, Leon seemingly was. Even if Le Tissier has been a big hit.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
It's been rumoured for a while and it's nice to see it happen. Hopefully she can hit the ground running. Having her on form for our opening matches (including the WCL qualifiers) could help set the time for the whole season.

StretfordEnd78

An exciting signing. I was very impressed with her v England. Dangerous runner.
Good attacking options. Could be more fluid in attack.
Like to see her play with Galton / Pariris / Garcia.

top1whoisman

Scout
Nice to see the club really pushing the news of the signing, interviews and pictures - it’s all over the app!

Wixqaz

Supports
Celtic
About Arsenal, gotcha. Should have said Arsenal have plenty of money to throw around on player salaries as they are the only real team without a sugar daddy that is spending like Chelsea and City. I dont like Arsenal but I can respect them in that sense.

I appreciate the other info. Just feels weird Arsenal would succeed with getting a lottery schedule against Chelsea or Arsenal at a convenient time while we get middle pack teams. I just think it there is the big clash vs Arsenal and Chelsea it would get an additional 5-10K to watch, I might be wrong though.

I did not know it cost so much to operate the stadium, I do know it cost money but were not aware on how much.

The ideal solution would be to build a new 10 000 arena for the womens team closer to where our fans are, while at Leigh its impossible to grow because its so far away and travel is sh1t. Thats a big problem the club needs to solve. Yes, we get the dire hard fans coming back, but the growth is limited because of this!

The sky is the limit for this club, the people in charge just needs to to make things happen ASAP!
So I agree and disagree about the ground.

LSV has disadvantages and it would be better to have somewhere close to OT. But I actually think you’re almost underestimating what’s been happening.

last season we sold out games at LSV and are likely to do even better this season. That stadium is 12k. Selling out isn’t an issue, but cause the tickets were so cheap it didn’t always mean bums on seats. Tickets have gone up a bit this year and season tickets have sold out in certain stands. Now the problem we have is people not actually arriving but the stadium is the biggest none meant ground in the league and we get the highest attendances.

for people who don’t go to LSV, you’ll know it’s selling out when then open the terrace.

I actually think that by the time a womens/youth specific stadium was built it would already be to small. We needed to do it probs 5 years ago for 10k to be big enough. I don’t know how feasible it is to have a 25k one next to OT though, which leads us back to the original issue of having to find another ground.

One other thing I forgot to mention. We always announce the actual figures for numbers of people who’ve come to the game, whereas Arsenal especially always announce tickets sold, it’s why often what they say are in the stadium doesn’t correspond to what’s actually seen in pictures. But this is a woso specific thing because the tickets are more cheap it’s like 20% don’t make the effort to come.

Grande

Apparently a very good game vs Liverpool, by some accounts. Only seen the goals meself, but the pass before 1-0 and the feigns before scoring 3-1 looks class, and frankly like things Alessia Russo couldn’t have done. Will be exciting to follow!

top1whoisman

Scout
Apparently a very good game vs Liverpool, by some accounts. Only seen the goals meself, but the pass before 1-0 and the feigns before scoring 3-1 looks class, and frankly like things Alessia Russo couldn’t have done. Will be exciting to follow!
She had good performance for sure. Not spectacular, but good. Very strong at shielding the ball and in her hold-up play, aggressive in duels and presses well when the time is right. What separates her from the one who left is her first touch and overall technique on the ball. Much better in smaller spaces. Then again AR is more of a presence in the box and probably stronger in the air.

Must say she looked a bit slower than I though she'd be, but that could be down to her not being 100% match fit yet.

But yeah more versatile than AR who was more of a target player, looking forward to us breaking the opponent defenses in multiple ways.