Supports
Real Madrid
Horrible cnut

Also a shite ref

That is all

Dj Mimo

Supports
Ajax
You guys should check out his wiki right now hilarious. Got a image but I cant post it because i'm still a newb.

On: what a cnut, hope they will do something about it.

Anustart89

That handball call :lol: Should've just saved himself the embarrassment and not played advantage on Blind's red card. To give a yellow for a completely unintentional handball that he also penalised with a penalty just reeks of a ref who wants to make that particular decision.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Seriously though what do we think of this new rule this season of playing an advantage and then red carding the player when the game stops? I've seen it at least one other time this season and technically it makes sense I mean why not? Players have been yellow carded in scenarios like that for years but it's been an unwritten rule that a scenario in which it would be a second yellow its ignored

Then there's the second red, obviously joke of a decision all round this one A- it's not a hand ball (well I guess in the new rules it is) but a 2nd yellow for that as well? Knowing he'd just sent off his team mate in the same 'phase' and then there obviously was no yellow for the subsequent hand balls from James and Abraham

Seems Mr Rocchi decided to ignore precedent and write his own story tonight, bravo

Based Adnan

Shocking performance. Should be demoted and thoroughly reviewed before being allowed to referee in the CL again. Disgusting.

0le

His surname sounds like a brand of turkish delights.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
That handball call :lol: Should've just saved himself the embarrassment and not played advantage on Blind's red card. To give a yellow for a completely unintentional handball that he also penalised with a penalty just reeks of a ref who wants to make that particular decision.
He must've given the second yellow for dissent, surely? I know 1 poster said it was for the handball but that's not possible, is it?

Dolf

Desperately wants to be the big star.
Should be dropped for CL games. Disgusting performance tonight

BlueHaze

Ahh I seen the incidents now. Bit of a clown fiesta that was.

charlenefan

He must've given the second yellow for dissent, surely? I know 1 poster said it was for the handball but that's not possible, is it?
Just confirmed on BT again

Suedesi

Thought the first penalty was extremely harsh and the second yellow for Veltman was also ridiculous. Blind's second yellow was justified though.

And Cesar Azpilicuetta is such an odious little prick. Quickly embedding into any melees and pushing and shoving opposing player. feck off you old turtle.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
I don't have a problem with the two sending offs, Ajax were fouling at every opportunity. Should happen more to Man City too

Suedesi

Just confirmed on BT again
It was for dissent? Then I guess it's very stupid of the Ajax player, but surely the ref should have given him a warning or talking to especially in light of already giving a penalty and a red to Blind. I mean...

charlenefan

It was for dissent? Then I guess it's very stupid of the Ajax player, but surely the ref should have given him a warning or talking to especially in light of already giving a penalty and a red to Blind. I mean...
No

2nd yellow for the hand ball

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He's genuinely one of the worst refs i've ever seen. For some reason he's considered one of the best by the italian FA and media. Fans and clubs and players all consider him an incompetent cnut. Go figure

He's an incompetent cnut

charlenefan

He's genuinely one of the worst refs i've ever seen. For some reason he's considered one of the best by the italian FA and media. Fans and clubs and players all consider him an incompetent cnut. Go figure

He's an incompetent cnut
:lol: What's he done to Madrid recently?

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Thought the first penalty was extremely harsh and the second yellow for Veltman was also ridiculous. Blind's second yellow was justified though.

And Cesar Azpilicuetta is such an odious little prick. Quickly embedding into any melees and pushing and shoving opposing player. feck off you old turtle.
Really? Thought the first pen was nailed on; on the follow through he clipped Pulisic's left leg and made him trip over his right. Perhaps I'm biased but that seemed to be genuinely correct.

If the second yellow for Veltman wasn't for dissent that's ludicrous though.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I don't know the rules anymore tbh. Did he follow the rules? Someone said that advantage can't be given when the fouling player is gonna get a red (Blind), so the Veltman penalty moment shouldn't even have happened. Is that true?

Pagh Wraith

Is any of this actually on the referee? I mean VAR looked at it presumably and confirmed it. He also didn't book Veltman immediately which suggests he was told to do so by VAR.

I would also assume the vast majority of people in this thread (me included) don't know the exact rules regarding playing advantage, handball and VAR usage in the CL. So I'm going to reserve judgement.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Great referee, top performance, need more like him.
Agree with that. Talking about a proper Entertainer. WE need more refs like him, No nonsense fellas.

Suedesi

Really? Thought the first pen was nailed on; on the follow through he clipped Pulisic's left leg and made him trip over his right. Perhaps I'm biased but that seemed to be genuinely correct.

If the second yellow for Veltman wasn't for dissent that's ludicrous though.

Didn't think it was a foul in real time, I think Pulisic drags his foot to initiate contact, but I need to see it from another angle.

Kostov

Absolute shit performance. If he calls a foul first on Blind as he should have, that game would have finished differently. Instead we are here talking about the cnut.

saivet

Seriously though what do we think of this new rule this season of playing an advantage and then red carding the player when the game stops? I've seen it at least one other time this season and technically it makes sense I mean why not? Players have been yellow carded in scenarios like that for years but it's been an unwritten rule that a scenario in which it would be a second yellow its ignored

Then there's the second red, obviously joke of a decision all round this one A- it's not a hand ball (well I guess in the new rules it is) but a 2nd yellow for that as well? Knowing he'd just sent off his team mate in the same 'phase' and then there obviously was no yellow for the subsequent hand balls from James and Abraham

Seems Mr Rocchi decided to ignore precedent and write his own story tonight, bravo
It's not, unless you think he was making his body unnaturally bigger.

There will be no penalty if:
  • the ball touches a player's hand/arm close to their body and has not made their silhouette unnaturally bigger.
Further context to the rules are here: https://www.goal.com/en-in/amp/news...ball-rules-explained/baj7pi2kk191qyeu9ay8wlrn