Gianluca Vialli has passed away | RIP

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Read this in the paper this morning. Horrible disease but sounds like he is positive and ready for the fight.

Never really took to him as a player but really hope he comes through this.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I know bumping old threads is not great but he's been given the all clear after two years of treatment.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...ea-legend-given-all-clear-after-cancer-battle

Nice to have some good news. One of my best mates called his kid "Luca" after this dude.

It's hard to explain to younger Chelsea supporters what is was like as an 18 year old Chelsea fan to have Vialli, Gullit and Zola in the team after years of Furlong, Fleck and Hopkin. Yes they were old, yes they were chasing the dosh but it was fun as hell to see them.

Here's some goals...

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Very good news.

Watched that interview with Gudjohnsen and Hasselbaink recently and was interesting they signed for us in large part due to him. Great man, manager and very classy footballer too.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Definitely a good time for some great news and this is fantastic.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Brilliant news. Must have been tough for him and his family. I lost my Nana, Brother and Aunty to cancer and it's difficult to deal with. Huge respect to Vialli for fighting it.

Brightonian

I know bumping old threads is not great but he's been given the all clear after two years of treatment.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...ea-legend-given-all-clear-after-cancer-battle

Nice to have some good news. One of my best mates called his kid "Luca" after this dude.

It's hard to explain to younger Chelsea supporters what is was like as an 18 year old Chelsea fan to have Vialli, Gullit and Zola in the team after years of Furlong, Fleck and Hopkin. Yes they were old, yes they were chasing the dosh but it was fun as hell to see them.

Here's some goals...

It's funny, the first memory I ever have of someone from my generation being football mad was my older brother's best friend, a half-French kid, Chelsea-obsessed. All he would talk about, ever, was Zola. He would sing this song, in French oddly enough, which mentioned Vialli and Zola. I can't remember it now. That was the first time I realised football was for kids as well as just 'for dads'.

This is such fantastic news, anyway. Very happy for the guy!

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
He just has one of those faces that puts a smile on my face whenever I see him on the box. I hope he's over it but with cancer you never know.

Great news, him and Zola were fun to watch at Chelsea. Not often you read about recoveries from pancreatic cancer.

Falcow

What a player Vialli was. A real star in the italian league when it was the strongest league in the world. I remember him and Mancini together for Sampdoria, what a partnership that was. Was very good at Juve too but I think he lost his place when Del piero came along. Dont think he was that prolific at Chelsea but he was in twilight of his career at that stage.

Very glad to hear he has recovered anyway, always liked him at Chelsea as well. Nice to have some good news at the moment.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He was a fantastic forward: good balance, great ball control and speed and good all-round game. That Sampdoria side was legendary and with a bit of luck they could had won a few more titles.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Oh no. Hope he pulls through.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Very sad, always enjoyed watching him play, great competitor.

RopersReturn

Oh that’s awful news, he’s always seemed such a lovely bloke. Hopefully he’s receiving the best treatment.

Amazing Santos

Top player and had a really good stint as manager as well.

Hopefully there is a way to recovery

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Another one after Mihajlovic from the glory days of Serie A and then obviously Chelsea.

Not that it matters with the illness but he's always come across as a really nice bloke. Not good news by the sounds of it, hope he pulls through.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Another one after Mihajlovic from the glory days of Serie A and then obviously Chelsea.

Not that it matters with the illness but he's always come across as a really nice bloke. Not good news by the sounds of it, hope he pulls through.
Damn, didn’t even know Mihajlovic had passed.

Loon

:lol:
Hell of a player and seems like a lovely bloke, although I'll never forget him cnuting off Schmeichel in a match V Chelsea.

Wish him the best and as little pain as possible.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Great player, was still a fantastic finisher in the late 90s when he was player manager at Chelsea. Must've been one of the most successful ones when that role was still being combined.

Felt ominous to me when they announced he'd stepped down once more from his Italian assistant role. Wish him all the best as another amazing player that got me into football.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
I might actually cry if he passes. Great player and loved his insight to football. One of the highlights of Euro 2021 was seeing him with Italy. Come on Luca, push through this.