Gianluca Vialli has passed away | RIP

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Marco Lanna, Sampdoria President and former teammate puts forward the idea of a ‘Vialli Trophy’ in honour of Luca to be held between his four former clubs.

Would be a very nice gesture.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Would be a very nice gesture.
Would be amazing. We could keep it going for years. A new tradition. All the fans would love it as the tournament would have real meaning besides just fitness training and it’s always a chance to get together and remember him. Literally the perfect idea.

RopersReturn

Really saddened and shocked to hear of Vialli’s passing. The contribution he made during the formative years of the Premier league shouldn’t be underestimated.

He will be sorely missed in both countries, and the memories of his achievements for Sampdoria, Juventus and Chelsea, should rightly be celebrated by their supporters.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Would be amazing. We could keep it going for years. A new tradition. All the fans would love it as the tournament would have real meaning besides just fitness training and it’s always a chance to get together and remember him. Literally the perfect idea.
Hope to see it happen, even if it doesn't become a continuous thing it would be nice to see it at least once, the man was a legend for those clubs, he deserves it.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He apparently was part of a group trying to save sampodria from solvency, shame he won't be around to complete it.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Vialli signing for us was up there with Gullit in terms of eye opener. He was one of the best strikers on the planet at one time, [and still was better than half the prem strikers when we had him] worlds most expensive player too one time, if i remember right.

ScholesyTheWise

I work with cancer patients, terminal stage.
pancreatic cancer is probably in the top 2-3 violent and rapidly progressing of the lot.

RIP Vialli. Pre-Roman Chelsea had something nice about them, not counting Dennis Wise.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
pancreatic cancer is probably in the top 2-3 violent and rapidly progressing of the lot.

RIP Vialli. Pre-Roman Chelsea had something nice about them, not counting Dennis Wise.
whats the others out of interest? isnt pancreatic rare-ish

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
RIP. One of the stars when I started watching football.

Also a word for his mother. For some reason just couldn't stop thinking about my grandmother outliving her favorite son, my uncle, for one year. It's daunting to think of.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
RIP. If you didn't see Vialli and Ravenelli you missed out.

ScholesyTheWise

whats the others out of interest? isnt pancreatic rare-ish
I'm a social worker in a team of doc-nurse-social worker,
So I'm speaking from 2 years' experience of seeing people die (to put it bluntly) rather than strict medical knowledge...

I'd say pancreatic, colon, ovaries cancer are truly horrifying ones... then you have GBM, leukemia... meh, it's a terrible list :\

What I meant to say is that whenever we intake a new patient who has pancreatic cancer,
I know immediately that this is gonna be a very very bad one.
Sometimes you have breast cancer, lung cancer, and even some types of brain cancer that take some time until they become ultra-violent...

All very circumstantial of course.

And yes, pancreas cancer is not amongst the most common ones where I work.
More often we treat patients with breast cancer, lung cancer, SSC, and lymphoma to name a few.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I'm a social worker in a team of doc-nurse-social worker,
So I'm speaking from 2 years' experience of seeing people die (to put it bluntly) rather than strict medical knowledge...

I'd say pancreatic, colon, ovaries cancer are truly horrifying ones... then you have GBM, leukemia... meh, it's a terrible list :\

What I meant to say is that whenever we intake a new patient who has pancreatic cancer,
I know immediately that this is gonna be a very very bad one.
Sometimes you have breast cancer, lung cancer, and even some types of brain cancer that take some time until they become ultra-violent...

All very circumstantial of course.
my uncle had that, without turning this thread morbib... and you know who spotted it? Opticians. Sadly he lost. But feck me, its cruel if you dont find it quick.

Thankfully i know a few breast, lung, testicular and throat sufferers who won. Pray a cure is close [i think it is, for what its worth]

ScholesyTheWise

my uncle had that, without turning this thread morbib... and you know who spotted it? Opticians. Sadly he lost. But feck me, its cruel if you dont find it quick.

Thankfully i know a few breast, lung, testicular and throat sufferers who won. Pray a cure is close [i think it is, for what its worth]
Really sorry to hear that mate. hope your family found and still finds the strength to pull through.

Indeed I pray every day that these diseases (in the plural, because cancers are different from each other) feck off from our lives for good.
That'll be the happiest I'd be to ever lose a job.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Really sorry to hear that mate. hope your family found and still finds the strength to pull through.

Indeed I pray every day that these diseases (in the plural, because cancers are different from each other) feck off from our lives for good.
That'll be the happiest I'd be to ever lose a job.
Very good post. Thank you

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location

My mate had jaundice in June, was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in August and passed away the following April.

Yorke to Cole

Very sad news. I know he wrote a book that I would like to read. I thought he was a classy striker.
I also liked him as pundit. His analysis was diligent and insightful.

ScholesyTheWise

My mate had jaundice in June, was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in August and passed away the following April.
So sorry to hear that :/ how old was he?
What stage of cancer did he have when they found out he was ill?
did they give him any chemo, biological or hormonal treatment?

Poborksy96

One of my heroes of the 80's and 90's. Saw him score for Chelsea at OT in 96-97. RIP Luca ❤

ScholesyTheWise

Thanks guys. Life somehow goes on.
My brother has a boy now, the most joyful toddler you'll ever meet.
They ""deserve"" him after all they've been through, I shall say.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Really nicely done this. RIP good sir.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Really nicely done this. RIP good sir.

Great stuff. A legend of the game, and by all accounts, a true gent.

RIP to a great man. Well done Chelsea.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Charity match vs Bayern in memory of Vialli. Lovely to watch. A nice trip down memory lane with a lot of the players on show.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Definitely a good time for some great news and this is fantastic.
If we are going to change the title of the thread, can it be an amendment that includes the original context please?

Had a bit of a shock when it opened on the first page and I scrolled down and found I said this.

Red00012

If we are going to change the title of the thread, can it be an amendment that includes the original context please?

Had a bit of a shock when it opened on the first page and I scrolled down and found I said this.
Dramatic much ? The 1st post on here is that he was alive and had recovered. As the thread moves on it confirms the sad news.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Very sorry to hear that, he was one of best player in Serie A back in the 90s. RIP.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Dramatic much ? The 1st post on here is that he was alive and had recovered. As the thread moves on it confirms the sad news.
I mean it was a bit of a joke but you do you

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
Fantastic player and such a great and humble person. Gone far too soon.