Give a compelling reason your country will/won't win the EC 2020

Walters_19_MuFc

England

Will:

• Some of the best young talents in world football
  • Had a promising world cup

Won't:

• Not sure Southgate knows his best (most balanced side)
  • Some of our better players are injured/out of form

Statue of Limitations

Ireland

Why we won't win - because we aren't in it.

Why we will win - not qualifying really takes the pressure off and I fully expect that to lift the lads performances to 1970's Brazil levels.

big rons sovereign

England.
Will win it because, look at that squad! Ridiculous attackers.

Won't win it because, Southgate will play 8 defenders.

Paul_Scholes18

Reasons why we will not win it (Sweden). Lack world class players. Weak central midfield. Not the best full backs. Average keeper and poor form as a team in nations league.

Reasons why we could win it . Many good options in attack. Strong as a team. Many of the bigger teams do not look that good. France probably favorites and we did beat them in last qualifiers.Belgium maybe without KDB. England up and down a lot.

FatTails

Won’t win: Not a European country.

Will win the World Cup: Alphonso Davies and Jonathan David

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
France will win it because Griezmann-Benzema-Mbappe
Will lose because Griezmann-Benzema-Mbappe

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Regarding the particular case of Portugal, 3 fundamental reasons.

1. Don't see any particular collective development of this team, under this coach since 2014;
  2. While it's good to see that Dias has developed on the recent years, it's troubling that the other 2 options for CB are Pepe with 38 and Fonte with 36 (it passed 5 years since both played together on the last Euros, while come criticized with reason Portugal performances, for me that partnership was the fundamental reason why we won the tournament imo, the last game I saw from Fonte alongside Dias at Serbia was pretty terrible tbh, now imagine Germany or France);
  3. Our midfield isn't working, last game at Serbia the partnership of Danilo and Sergio Oliveira didn't worked out, not convinced at all with Neves development over the years (don't know if it was Nuno fault, let's see under a new manager), Moutinho is past it, William has been terrible for Betis.
Not even going to mention that Patricio season was awfull for Wolves ( hope that Lopes starts but knowing Santos won't happen), not to even mention that recent Ronaldo performances for the team make the entire offensive play easy to predict, or Bernardo Silva level last 2 years drooped down a lot, Fernandes for the NT doesn' click etc, the only few good things I saw recently there was Diogo Jota, the rest is pretty shit.

All in all, won't be surprised if we get eliminated on the group stage, and contrary against popular opinion, the team who played the knockout stages of Euro 2016 was much more defensively solid than this one, and you don't win tournaments if you're not stong on that sense.

OleGunnar20

Wales

Will win because - Give it'Bale.
Will lose because - Give it'Bale.

Scotland

We will win it after thumping England 5-0 with Che Adams scoring a hat-trick and Mct with a double to rub it into England that they snubbed them in favour of the true leaders of the British Isles. After this morale boost we will sweep away every side and lift the trophy as Nicola Sturgeon holds aloft BJ's severed head and feeds it to the dire wolves before declaring independence.
Now we're talking.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Wales

Will - Bale and Dragons

Won’t - everyone else and sheep

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Won't win it: Gareth Southgate

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Germany:

won't win: Löw
will win: something something tournament team

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
France

- Won't win because we haven't had any drama for half a decade and we are known bottlers.
- Will win because objectively we have the most talent and experience while still being a young team.
France have won Euro 1984 and 2000 being the biggest favorites, and i believe they have won every trophy that can be won for National Team : World Cup,Euro, Confederations Cup, and the extincted Artemio Franchi Trophy.

I wouldn't call them bottlers, 2002 elimination in WC group stage was unfortunate but that's about it.
England has more reasons to be considered bottlers, especially because they flopped way too many times when they were expected to deliver.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Wales

Won't - we are a championship side.

Will - Maybe there'll be a lady ref in this day and age and we'll give the job to Giggsy till the end of the competition.

Red Stone

New Zealand:

Will win it because:
  • We went undefeated at the 2010 World Cup and still won't shut up about it
  • Chris Wood is in the form of his life
  • A lot of gumption and can-do attitude

We won't win it because:
  • We're not just not in Europe, we're the country furthest away from Europe of all the countries

Three times as many in favour as against, so I think our odds are pretty good.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Spain, we will not win because we have a very weak team, from the goalkeeper to the front. In fact I had to google to find out about the third goalkeeper, Robert Sánchez.
Some players who were supposed to take command like Fabián or Rodri have not taken that step.
There are others too young for this to be their tournament, such as Ferrán or Olmo and others who seem to be shoehorned in the team like Laporte or Eric García.
Morata as a starting striker could be a good summary.

Can we win? I have to hold on to the 6-0 against Germany. I know it was a friendly and surely Germany had a lot of problems but it is still a 6-0 against Germany.
In that match, there was a good pressure and a great game at the wings with Ferrán and Olmo. A team electric and with the energy that we use to miss.
That game was played by Canales. Llorente could take his place and be a surprise.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Portugal

Will win because it’s the most world class talent we’ve had in the team in ages and have the experience of having already won it with a far inferior squad.

Won’t win because 2 of our 3 CBs are 38 years old and any combination of a midfield 2 behind Bruno isn’t high quality (all good players in Danilo, William, Palhinha, Moutinho, Neves and Renato Sanches but no standouts).
Neves sanches surely decent enough.

Will:
We have an incredibly talented front line.

Wont:
Southgate

Baneofthegame

England:

We will win it: Because we are England.

We will lose it: Because we are England.

Shiva87

India:

Will lose it - because we are not a part of Europe

Will win it - because we will never lose a game

backpass

Germany

Will win it:
Löw has the experience and Werner will get the golden boot

Wont Win:
Players dont understand the tactical approach

wrepdrep

Supports
AC Milan
Italy

Will win because this team is playing the most fluid football I've ever seen from the Italy national team.

Won't win because this team is playing the most fluid football I've ever seen from the Italy national team. Also no Calciopoli or Totonero magic.

Jpar

England

We will win because
1. We have the best team we've had in years quality wise and one of the best squads at the tournament on paper

We don't win because
1. It's England
2. Southgate
3. We have 4 right backs
5. Route to the final is ridiculous

Ish

Lights on for Luke
South Africa:

- we will win it because of the vuvuzela, of course

- we won’t win it because it’s not the commonwealth games and we didn’t get invited

TrueRed1999

Somehow bleaker than Nostradamus
As the title states, I want to hear the reason(s) your country will win it and why they won't.

I'll start off with Belgium:

WE WILL WIN THE EC BECAUSE:
- Lukaku's finally found his golden touch
- We have a fairly easy group and last 16

WE WON'T WIN THE EC BECAUSE:
- De Bruyne has a headache
- Hazard is fat
England - Its England, Overhyped, Rely on Individuals and Some Great Squad players didn't even get a look in. We ain't winning anything with the same thing we do all the time so not even bothering saying why we will win it. We won't. :lol:

Mike Smalling

Denmark

Why we will win it:
We have a really solid core through GK, centrebacks and midfield, and we are generally well organized. Therefore we don't let in many goals and are very hard to beat. On our day we can beat anyone.

Why we won't win it:
We are lacking in real quality in the forward positions. Poulsen and Braithwaite are not that great, Dolberg and Skov Olsen are really inexperienced and Eriksen does not put in the performances he used to. Also, we are Denmark - clearly we are not going to win it.