Music Glastonbury 2024

Son

I went to the last 2 Glasto’s and for me they are my all time best festival experiences. 8 times I’ve gone but it’s improved the more I go honestly.

The two post covid ones Elton and Paul McCartney’s final festival gigs were impossible to top this year so they went with the safe identity politics pleasing year.

Makes sense really as they booked all male, white headliners last time.

It’s nice to see PJ Harvey and LCD Soundsystem on the main stage adding that bit of cool Blondie did last year. I like bands with a bit of attitude on the mainstage.

Alvvays I would definitely be going to see this year that band have some absolute bangers recently. A lot of good stuff from America on the smaller stages.

Son

Legitimately post-covid I think festivals will have a big problem with headliners. Bands/solo artists are seeing they can make as much by themselves and it's going to dilute future super festival lineups.
Good luck though trying to get a prime time slot on BBC television for 3 hours as any band in the world without Glastonbury.

This festival offers alongside Coachella in the States the absolute best publicity for a live act you can imagine on the planet.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Faithless, a previous headliner of multiple stages, just getting an and spot. I know Maxi has died but I reckon they could have headlined the park.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I listened to Bonobo for a fair few years and it worked well for a chill out setting but can't imagine going for a live concert that too in a festival. One thing you don't want when listening to someone like that is surrounded by a bunch of brain-dead knobheads.
I’ve seen Bonobo live a number of times and can confirm how boring it is.