Glazers looking to sell off a minority share & bring in a new Investor

Sviken

As a publicly traded company the deal could complete fairly swiftly once the price is agreed provided proof of funding is received but the major issue that tends to complicate these matters is the PL and the fit and proper ownership tests. Without knowing who is in the mix you don't know what could delay or derail a potential takeover. Ideally we need a philanthropic saint with the spending power of Bezos but there is every possibility we get someone fronting for an oil regime or even worse, Donald Trump.
I fail to see how Trump is worse than the oil barons. Like.. really? We're talking about beheadings, stonings, burning people alive...

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Could all this alleged investment in players (Felix, Casemiro, Caicedo) be linked to this potential sale?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Guys, i know that every Man Utd fan should know this but what to say, i don't.
How much stakes exactly Glazers have? And how much stakes (in %) are on the market?

And question for someone with knowledge about these things? I read for years that value of our club is between 3 and 4 billion. How the feck they can get 6 billion?

Thanks in advance for answer :)

Gandalf

I fail to see how Trump is worse than the oil barons. Like.. really? We're talking about beheadings, stonings, burning people alive...
Trump has no morality at all and clearly does have blood on his hands. 5 deaths on Jan 6th, completely complicit in actions like Kyle Rittenhouse killing 3 BLM protestors to name one of many such incidents, his supporters showing up with weapons at FBI offices just last week. You could argue that as awful as those regimes are they at least do the things they do out of a misguided belief that they are acting correctly in accordance with their beliefs. Trump would also make us pine for the days of the Glazers, it would be completely about his vanity and ego and he wouldn't risk a penny of his own funds to improve anything.

ThinkTank@Cafe

I posted this earlier in another thread but I'll post it here for those that missed it. Here's why I believe there's legs to this story.

I actively trade the stock market on a daily basis, about 2 days ago there was some insane and sustained volume on options on the Man Utd stock. Specifically call options (you buy contracts worth 100 shares each and you state a price you think the stock is going to and by which date, high risk, high reward, they expire worthless if it doesn't happen).

To put in perspective how much this is abnormal for the Man Utd stock, trading volume was up 3500% on the stock from your average day.

The call options are for the price to hit $14 within the next 31 days. There has been a large amount of money placed on this happening.

Fast forward two days later and Musk makes a joke about *buying Manchester United and Bloomberg (responsible for all serious market news and data) publish a story about Glazers looking to sell a stake.

There's one of two things at play here, Musk has taken part in some clear market manipulation (which he's been found guilty for a few times) and this is a planned joke on the market in general. When something like this happens it attracts day traders to jump in which creates more volume, it happens to a lot of random stocks, see GME, AMC and BBBY for examples.

OR

A stake in Manchester United is being offered around the wealthy in America and someone with that kind of inside information is having a punt the stock going up.

In my opinion is the latter of the two.
Great post. I also think MUFC was offered to the global elite. One don’t have to invest 2 billion and wait for a couple decades to have an iconic club. Iconic? Legendary club. The Glazers will suck out every penny from the deal. USD6 billion net from this deal is a nice capital gain.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
They are. When they sell B shares, the shares sold automatically convert into A shares, but the b shares they DONT sell remain as b shares and don’t convert into As until the Bs represent less than 10% of the total outstanding shares.
I would ask you to make this simpler to understand but maybe you have and I'm just incredibly thick.

mav_9me

Trump has no morality at all and clearly does have blood on his hands. 5 deaths on Jan 6th, completely complicit in actions like Kyle Rittenhouse killing 3 BLM protestors to name one of many such incidents, his supporters showing up with weapons at FBI offices just last week. You could argue that as awful as those regimes are they at least do the things they do out of a misguided belief that they are acting correctly in accordance with their beliefs. Trump would also make us pine for the days of the Glazers, it would be completely about his vanity and ego and he wouldn't risk a penny of his own funds to improve anything.
They are evil in different ways.

Robertd0803

Call me stupid here but what's better? 6 billion in cash now or 10-20 million a year in dividends. I know which one I'd choose...
They wont be making 6 billion by selling minority shares though.

Its probably another nice little nest egg for them while keeping control of their golden goose.

mav_9me

I fear for the club if someone better doesn't buy us. They have clearly demonstrated their incompetence. They have destroyed the team and have left the stadium in dire shape.

Without major investment they can't improve the team. They are not going to put their money in. So there is no major investment. And of course their incompetence means even major investment doesn't get you success. So if the team continues to deteriorate or at best stagnate, without CL our revenues will keep falling, which will perpetuate our mediocrity. At this point this is spiraling down fast and they can't do anything about it.

If they don't sell now, its only a matter of time before almost a distress sale. God knows how that's going to turn out for the club.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Actually... Maybe this consortium wants to buy the club outright eventually but it's headed by Robinho and he's doesn't want to be fecked over by folk saying he's joining "Manchester" again?

TheReligion

Abusive
Very strong momentum growing of the Glazers selling up

United looking to splash big money during the rest of the window.

Has something happened?

AdNani

Been obvious for a while in my opinion. There was a Ratcliffe puff piece about why he would be a great owner last week by the very journalist who broke this story. The Chelsea bid was to get his name out there in my opinion.
I actually think i would cry :lol: :lol:

AdNani

There's lots of smoke, maybe they've finally taken the fecking hint.