Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

red thru&thru

Well that is the kind of point buying United, to get them out of this pickle. The guys in charge of the club aren't doing it very well. But who ever takes over us, needs to know how to run successful sports clubs, aka Lfc. Or, bring in the personnel who have been successful at other clubs.

RUCK4444

Came here to post that. No one is going to buy United apart from someone ridiculous wealthy looking for a PR/vanity project.
I’ve been saying this for years, it’s so painfully obvious, no investor or businessman man will purchase United.

The only option is to be owned by a consortium/regime of some kind that do not seek a financial return.
Clubs like Madrid, Barca, PSG, City, Chelsea all already benefit from this type of owner.

It is a must that United also secure an owner of this kind, we simply cannot strive to compete with these clubs for the long term, yes we’ve spent money but that money will become less and less with an owner that is looking to strip as much as they can out of the club whilst results on the pitch are poor and no champions league. The current situation we have has all the ingredients to create the new Arsenal.

I’m all for the Saudi’s taking over as I’ve said in other posts, I see no down side.

Eric's Seagull

Shocking that someone who has the money the to buy us and who was a boyhood United fan decided to not buy us due to us being "in quite a big pickle as a business". He speaks the truth and it hurts when he says the amount we have spent post Sir Alex has been been "shockingly poor".

I like that he says "We have a different approach here to be moderately intelligent about it. Try to do it more grass roots, trying to locate young talent." I think that could work at our club as we could buy players while they are at a decent value rather than buy them in a few years time when their value sky rockets.

He was one person I was really hoping would attempt a takeover. What I take from the statement is there is a slight possibility that he might but us in the future. Due to him saying "Not at the moment, no" This gives me slight hope that it might happen in the future.

When he said "We won't look elsewhere until we have had a good run here" I'm hoping that he means that if it works out well there that he might consider purchasing us in the future. Really hoping so :)

Eric's Seagull

Well that is the kind of point buying United, to get them out of this pickle. The guys in charge of the club aren't doing it very well. But who ever takes over us, needs to know how to run successful sports clubs, aka Lfc. Or, bring in the personnel who have been successful at other clubs.
I agree with your point about getting us out of this pickle. Hopefully the new owner/owners will see this as the perfect opportunity to make us great again. Hopefully they are looking at all the mistakes made by The Glazers/Ed and analyse where it went wrong and have a plan to rectify the situation before they come in so that we are not in a situation like this again.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If I had the money, I wouldn't touch us as well. Reportedly, the Glazsers want £4bn+. We don't even know if that's excluding long-term liabilities. Revenues have peaked, the stadium needs massive infrastrucural investment. It's pissing money away.

red thru&thru

I'm still there are more Ole threads about whether he should be in or out, rather than threads like this. Why can everyone outside of our club can see our problems but a lot of our fans can't? Ed being relieved of his duties, as a minimum, should be the priority of all our fans.

red thru&thru

I agree with your point about getting us out of this pickle. Hopefully the new owner/owners will see this as the perfect opportunity to make us great again. Hopefully they are looking at all the mistakes made by The Glazers/Ed and analyse where it went wrong and have a plan to rectify the situation before they come in so that we are not in a situation like this again.
Agree. So who ever takes over us, will be someone who is seeking some kin of glory. It won't be a shy and retired kind of person!

padzilla

Hipster
I read today that Liverpool shirts are the best-selling among the PL clubs this season. That says a lot because for decades it was a given we were number one when it came to that side of matters.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
The Glazers are Liverpool fans. If they eventually sell, they will take their masks off and it will be Dalglish and Co.

dove

I'm still there are more Ole threads about whether he should be in or out, rather than threads like this. Why can everyone outside of our club can see our problems but a lot of our fans can't? Ed being relieved of his duties, as a minimum, should be the priority of all our fans.
What are you talking about? Find me a single person who thinks our board is not a problem? They should all go together with Ole, none of them have any idea what they are doing here.

Alabaster Codify7

To summarise, as long as this ownership is in place, Man United are NEVER winning the Premier League ever again. Ever. Let alone anything bigger.

Now, the only way to shift this ownership is to hit them in wallet. Season ticket holders, over to you. Renewing time will be upon us soon. If youw ant to spend £1000s on watching a midtable team performing like a midtable team and finishing like a midtable team, that's on you.

Judas

Open to offers
This is a bullshit narrative. Everyone knows the whole thing is a mess. Binning Ole fixes a part of it, but there's many many more issues we face.

red thru&thru

This is a bullshit narrative. Everyone knows the whole thing is a mess. Binning Ole fixes a part of it, but there's many many more issues we face.
What you mean a bullshit narrative? So are you telling me there aren't people within this forum that don't think Glazers have spent the money, Ed has recruited the managers and what else can they do?

red thru&thru

What are you talking about? Find me a single person who thinks our board is not a problem? They should all go together with Ole, none of them have any idea what they are doing here.
Read the threads in this forum, you'll see there are plenty of people. Not for me to name names.

Eric's Seagull

I read today that Liverpool shirts are the best-selling among the PL clubs this season. That says a lot because for decades it was a given we were number one when it came to that side of matters.
That is a statistic that really p!sses me off. Don't want them being in from of us on anything. Hopefully some new owners come in and get us back where we should be: fighting for the top honours and then we shouldn't be concerned about them selling more shirts than us and hopefully new owners will stop the decline.

Bestietom

If I had the money, I wouldn't touch us as well. Reportedly, the Glazsers want £4bn+. We don't even know if that's excluding long-term liabilities. Revenues have peaked, the stadium needs massive infrastrucural investment. It's pissing money away.
They will ruin the club and no one will buy it. They are letting the stadium go to ruin because of not putting any money into it. All they want is to bleed us dry, taking monies from us and putting nothing back.

Last edited:

red thru&thru

Maybe you should, because I see a lot more people claiming there are people like you describe than I actual see posting.
Well I've discussed with posters who believe the Glazers aren't the problem. Just because you haven't.

Eric's Seagull

They will ruin the club and no one will buy it. They are letting the stadium go to ruin because of not putting any money into it. All they want is too bleed us dry.
Agree that they are bleeding the club dry. I personally think it is a disgrace that that they are not putting money into renovating Old Trafford.

I think that that they could be asking such a ludicrous price that very few will pay it even if they have the money. I think the only way they will sell is if some party decides they want to pay an extortionate amount of money for the club or if the we become so sh!te that we don't don't get as much money from sponsorship and that the value of the club declines and that they decide to pull out before the value decreases further.

I really wouldn't like the latter to happen, so I would hope the former happens. But I would be happy just to see them gone, as long as it is not another leveraged buyout which means we could be in a similar but stick with more debt.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Came here to post that. No one is going to buy United apart from someone ridiculous wealthy looking for a PR/vanity project.
Hence why the Saudis are so popular despite their awful Human Rights record. We are just too expensive for anyone other than them.

Glazers or Saudis.....I choose the Saudis. Sorry to all the snowflakes who are offended by this. If Bill Gates or Jeff Bezos is interested then I'm all for it. Won't happen though. We either sink in debt with the parasites and Woodward or we swim in seas of filthy oil cash.

No brainer.

red thru&thru

Hence why the Saudis are so popular despite their awful Human Rights record. We are just too expensive for anyone other than them.

Glazers or Saudis.....I choose the Saudis. Sorry to all the snowflakes who are offended by this. If Bill Gates or Jeff Bezos is interested then I'm all for it. Won't happen though. We either sink in debt with the parasites and Woodward or we swim in seas of filthy oil cash.

No brainer.
Yea, I'm with you on this. I wouldn't mind sticking with the Glazers if they were even trying to get us back to success but they're not.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder

No brainer.
My favourite use of 'snowflakes' yet.

You care about womens' rights? You don't think gay people should be punished? You think murder due to criticism is wrong? fecking snowflakes.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation

No brainer.
No decency, you mean.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
No decency, you mean.
Nah, they are just snowflakes man. Never seen a gay man get his head chopped off for being gay? Get of your pudie pie channel man and see how real men handle business.

DoomSlayer

The worst part is that the Glazers and Woodward would just wash their hands with Ole, because as usual, fans are more on his back rather than on the people that have the biggest responsibility.

The first man that needs sacking is Woodward, then a few of his loyal dogs that have been making the decisions alongside him. Bring in proper football people with the needed expertise, decide how the club should be developing and then focus on the manager.

Bestietom

Agree that they are bleeding the club dry. I personally think it is a disgrace that that they are not putting money into renovating Old Trafford.

I think that that they could be asking such a ludicrous price that very few will pay it even if they have the money. I think the only way they will sell is if some party decides they want to pay an extortionate amount of money for the club or if the we become so sh!te that we don't don't get as much money from sponsorship and that the value of the club declines and that they decide to pull out before the value decreases further.

I really wouldn't like the latter to happen, so I would hope the former happens. But I would be happy just to see them gone, as long as it is not another leveraged buyout which means we could be in a similar but stick with more debt.
If the right money is offered by the Saudi's, the Glazers will sell. They know that the stadium needs a big makeover but they won't put the money into it. This is what will push them into selling at the end of the day, along with one or two of them already interested in selling. It might be sooner than we think.

RoyH1

That interview is shockingly honest. I suppose he has no business relations with the Glazer's by coming out like that about the clubs management

Eric's Seagull

If the right money is offered by the Saudi's, the Glazers will sell. They know that the stadium needs a big makeover but they won't put the money into it. This is what will push them into selling at the end of the day, along with one or two of them already interested in selling. It might be sooner than we think.
I hope that you are right and that they sell soon, as they have been p!ssing me off for a while. Hopefully they finally decide now is the right time to sell. Not sure how much it would take to renovate Old Trafford but I'm pretty sure the Glazer's are not going fork out that much money whatever it may be as the seem not to care a crap about the club. I would like to have owners who are actually interested in what happens on the field and not just off it.

Rockets Redglare

Yeah, that picture is definitely taken out of context.

Ferguson looks so much older with the hearing aid :(
Exactly. Like Fergie would let that jumped up little prick have a go at him. Probably just shouting so he could hear him over the crowd.

SirAF

Ageist
Exactly. Like Fergie would let that jumped up little prick have a go at him. Probably just shouting so he could hear him over the crowd.
Yeah, Woodward would never have a go at Ferguson in private let alone in front of the whole world. You can also see his hearing aid, so naturally Woodward would know he's already hard of hearing.

Fluctuation0161

Yeah, the debt issue needs to be put to rest. Its so not an issue anymore and have not been for a long time. By not letting Mourinho almost double our wage bill and using the cash at hand for debt repayment instead of player investment the Glazers could have paid of the debt a couple of years ago. Easily. Probably twice even. Its just that it would have been a really stupid thing to do both financially and footballing-wise. Would that have been better?
The debt really is still an issue.

Fluctuation0161

No brainer.
Snowflakes. :lol:

They might murder sports journalists or pundits who criticise the club. Graeme Souness could go missing. The Saudi dream.