Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

r0663664

Worships Man City
I hope that people stop going to watch Utd play e.g. replay vs Wolves. Give a empty stadium to Glazer and Ed. FA cup doesn’t matter to me in which the state of football we have. Once attendance start falling, Glazers will be looking to sell this club. I think that is the only way to get rid of them.

AneRu

About Woodward. I hope his reflection ability win over his ego and loosing face. But not taking the blame. Reflect that i am on the football side of the club is not good enough. Step down to let some really good football knowledge and experience, with good ability to negotiate. And still look like a businessman, but with a football head. Maybe like Edwin D Saar working for Ajax as football D.o.f.

I think it’s time to hire EVSaar as United D.O.F. And we are ask Woodward to leave the club. Just his current post. And he can focus 100% on marketing. C.E.O of marketing and business side of the club.

About his two last decisions. It is ok to appoint Ole as caretaker. But it was a bit sentimental in it. And happen really quick. Just few days after Mourinho got sacked. After Liverpool game.

And here come the bad decision. A decision a bit too early. He thought Ole and United beat PSG, because Ole was really good. Beat one of the best team out there. Then W thought Ole was the right to take care. Hand him a permanent contract after PSG. But taking of the united glass and see it with objective view. United were lucky to go trough to next stage. After that. Herrera got injured. Then United, Ole and Woodward hit the reality. It wasn’t a genius by Ole. After that United struggled to beat. Only loose and draw against bottom team. And it keep going to this first half season.
Woodward to quick. If he is a football man. He would knew PSG last match United were lucky. Wait to the end of the season. To make the decision. Woodward too high and in heaven after PSG game. Then called Ole in to the office and give him the permanent job.

So in the end. I think only himself can make him step a side/down. Or someone above him, the boss over him. If, I don’t really know he can leave the Ceo of football post. Self reflection and analyzing. If his don’t want to take his part of the blame. Then only the big boss of the club can do it.
like Wood and Ole. From a human perspective point of view. It hard to take the blame and step down, until they got sacked. And it takes a big MAN to do it. So i am waiting how long it will go. Before Woodward is not CEo of club anymore, special football side.
But can't you see that Woodward and the Glazers are ruining United because we are allowing them to? It's all in the match going fans' court, they can make Woodward persona non grata at OT of they wished and when then that happens the spotlight and pressure will be on him. Sustained and well coordinated protests will get sponsors complaining and that will force changes.

Appealing to his good nature to accept that he has failed and destroyed our club will not work. What will work is fans targeting and humiliating him in the ground, organizing protests at United's London offices and stadium walk outs. Their business model is based on how big the club's fan base is, kinda hard to seal sponsorship deals if that fanbase is at war with the club's management and ownership.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I was amazed that United have 24 sponsors. If we all refuse to support these sponsors, then perhaps that may be a way of getting rid of the Glazers. Perhaps in the great scheme of things, it may not make a great deal of difference to these companies income, but I can't think of many ways to hit them in the pocket.

TrueRed79

I know we are a publicly traded company. Just thought everyone would be happy to hear the Glazer family got paid their nice fat dividends today. Money well spent lads! They totally deserve it! Sure theres no value in the market for January transfers! Never forget this....

IrishMcD

People keep mentioning that as long as United keep selling merchandise, selling out Old Trafford for matches etc, then the owners wont care about the state of the club. The thing is, as a Primary school teacher, I am seeing a HUGE decrease in the amount of kids supporting United these last few years. For example, I have a class of 30 this year, 5 City fans, 5 Chelsea fans, 2 Arsenal fans, 16 Liverpool fans and 1 United and 1 Spurs fan. A few years ago, it would have been 90% United fans in my class.All my mates who are teachers have noticed the same, very few kids support United now. Surely the club is going to see this drop in young supporters soon, as lets be honest, kids buy the most merchandise.

romufc

People keep mentioning that as long as United keep selling merchandise, selling out Old Trafford for matches etc, then the owners wont care about the state of the club. The thing is, as a Primary school teacher, I am seeing a HUGE decrease in the amount of kids supporting United these last few years. For example, I have a class of 30 this year, 5 City fans, 5 Chelsea fans, 2 Arsenal fans, 16 Liverpool fans and 1 United and 1 Spurs fan. A few years ago, it would have been 90% United fans in my class.All my mates who are teachers have noticed the same, very few kids support United now. Surely the club is going to see this drop in young supporters soon, as lets be honest, kids buy the most merchandise.
Kids don't spend the money to go to matches their parents do. Glazers only care about the short term. The kids supporting other clubs will affect the club in 8 years time not now.

As long as the sponsors are giving their money it doesn't matter.

andycolegangstainnit

no-one wants American owners - especially not types like the Glazer family. However, since Fergy left we've a net spend of £549m (Liverpool = £152m but they got lucky with Coutinho) and the signings have been awful. Only DDG a real success (and he's going down the pan). RVP won us a league but nothing after that. You can't blame the Glazers for this. Plenty invested in transfers and wages.

AneRu

no-one wants American owners - especially not types like the Glazer family. However, since Fergy left we've a net spend of £549m (Liverpool = £152m but they got lucky with Coutinho) and the signings have been awful. Only DDG a real success (and he's going down the pan). RVP won us a league but nothing after that. You can't blame the Glazers for this. Plenty invested in transfers and wages.
I agree but they have to carry the can for the one constant in this failure, why is Woodward still in charge after seven years of failure?

romufc

Yes although they have spend plenty of money, they have clearly changed that in the last 2 seasons where money has been very tight.

We have signed 4 players in the last 2 seasons considering number of players we have lost.

patty123

Sorry no disrespect my fellow Irish but who kids support is not really an issue now or in the future, but as a teacher than surely to god you know kids support who are currently winners and being Irish (not sure you're age) remember here in the 80's in Dublin ? All you saw were kids in the red of Liverpool, why was that I wonder.As for all the support Liverpool had and all those things you stated, what good did it do from 1990 till Klopp showed up, so you can see why I dont take stock of who kids support.

I remember back in 04, a bloke I worked with in his 50's then had supported Chelsea since he started watching footie and every year since he could afford to, he got their jersey no issue, 04 it had to be ordered in as they were sold out in 4 major sports shops in Dublin, remember who won the title 04.

One last case for proof, look at our Rugby team and the difference is support it had in the 80's early 90's compare to the last 20 yrs, just like golf when Paddy came onto the scene and then won a few majors and the rush of fans golf suddenly got.

IrishMcD

Sorry no disrespect my fellow Irish but who kids support is not really an issue now or in the future, but as a teacher than surely to god you know kids support who are currently winners and being Irish (not sure you're age) remember here in the 80's in Dublin ? All you saw were kids in the red of Liverpool, why was that I wonder.As for all the support Liverpool had and all those things you stated, what good did it do from 1990 till Klopp showed up, so you can see why I dont take stock of who kids support.

I remember back in 04, a bloke I worked with in his 50's then had supported Chelsea since he started watching footie and every year since he could afford to, he got their jersey no issue, 04 it had to be ordered in as they were sold out in 4 major sports shops in Dublin, remember who won the title 04.

One last case for proof, look at our Rugby team and the difference is support it had in the 80's early 90's compare to the last 20 yrs, just like golf when Paddy came onto the scene and then won a few majors and the rush of fans golf suddenly got.
I probably didnt explain the point i was making very well, was distracted my kids trying to get educated, selfish little things haha.
Kids support whos winning, exactly, I agree with ya. Thats the point I am making. And im pretty sure you know yourself that the majority of kids stick to the same team the entirety of their lives!! Most of my mates (32-38) are Liverpool fans or United fans based on them being the successful teams of that era, lads I play football with (20-24)have a few more Chelsea fans etc, and much less United fans. Give it 5-10 years and if the club hasnt gotten back to winning ways, there will be a serious drop off in merchandise sales which will effect the club. Some one mentioned kids dont buy merchandise, their parents do. Well obviously, but kids look for bed cloths, curtains, mugs, slippers, footballs, full kits, school bags, pencil cases, etc etc its huge part of the clubs income that I can see a massive drop off coming in the next few years. It will still be higher than most, but will be a big enough drop off to cause serious concern for the money men.
OR maybe I'm working myself into knots about nothing. Im just lookng for any glimmer of hope that would make the current owners abandon ship!!

andycolegangstainnit

I agree but they have to carry the can for the one constant in this failure, why is Woodward still in charge after seven years of failure?
Woodward is a Chartered Accountant and effective CEO. He shouldn't really have a big say in managerial appointments - if he has had then that's where it's gone wrong. SAF effectively appointed Moyes and we've been reacting ever since. Leave Woodward to the business stuff - which clearly he's good at - and get a couple more football men on the board to help recruit the manager.

AneRu

Woodward is a Chartered Accountant and effective CEO. He shouldn't really have a big say in managerial appointments - if he has had then that's where it's gone wrong. SAF effectively appointed Moyes and we've been reacting ever since. Leave Woodward to the business stuff - which clearly he's good at - and get a couple more football men on the board to help recruit the manager.
The irony is that people generally agree that the recruitment process at United is flawed because it is being conducted by a man without the required skills but the same people will turn around and tell you not to judge a man who is the primary beneficiary of that process until he has spent hundreds of millions of pounds on players and spent years doing so.

andycolegangstainnit

I probably didnt explain the point i was making very well, was distracted my kids trying to get educated, selfish little things haha.
Kids support whos winning, exactly, I agree with ya. Thats the point I am making. And im pretty sure you know yourself that the majority of kids stick to the same team the entirety of their lives!! Most of my mates (32-38) are Liverpool fans or United fans based on them being the successful teams of that era, lads I play football with (20-24)have a few more Chelsea fans etc, and much less United fans. Give it 5-10 years and if the club hasnt gotten back to winning ways, there will be a serious drop off in merchandise sales which will effect the club. Some one mentioned kids dont buy merchandise, their parents do. Well obviously, but kids look for bed cloths, curtains, mugs, slippers, footballs, full kits, school bags, pencil cases, etc etc its huge part of the clubs income that I can see a massive drop off coming in the next few years. It will still be higher than most, but will be a big enough drop off to cause serious concern for the money men.
OR maybe I'm working myself into knots about nothing. Im just lookng for any glimmer of hope that would make the current owners abandon ship!!
Suppose the Glazers wanted out. The only realistic buyers would be fossil-fuel extractors like the Saudis. No-one else could afford it.
The irony is that people generally agree that the recruitment process at United is flawed because it is being conducted by a man without the required skills but the same people will turn around and tell you not to judge a man who is the primary beneficiary of that process until he has spent hundreds of millions of pounds on players and spent years doing so.
Is the recruitment process being conducted by Woodward? For sure the board would have to authorise the expenditure but I can't believe he picks the players. He may well veto some (Maguire 2018?) but the manager draws up a list of targets. We've bought 60 players since Ronaldo left. DDG, RVP, Martial, Pogba (maybe) and the three guys this year are all good players. The others - maybe not Herrera - have been flops.

MiracleInMadrid

Absolutely zero progress. We are going backwards. How can our board and owners take themselves serious when they evaluate Ed Woodward. It is absolutely baffling. There seems to be absolutely no demands or standards for Ed's performance.

Absolute laughing stock.

Edit: absolutely!

Last edited:

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
How long before we make a stand? Quite clear that we're going nowhere
That's the best part for the Glazers, too many top reds and tourists at Old Trafford who aren't willing to rock the boat should they ever God forbidden all harm be seen as "not a REAL fan" :lol:

Apathy is the biggest enemy of change!

Irwin99

If Young goes and no replacement (or any other player) comes in then they seriously have to get even more criticism. I've been resigned to the fact that January isn't a good month for bringing players in and that we probably won't buy anyone but letting players go would be ridiculous at this stage.

One of my biggest fears about this 'plan' or 'project' is that although Ole's intentions are good and I don't doubt them one bit it's the perfect excuse for Glazernomics. The line from the summer that buying a new striker potentially might harm Greenwood's progress (absolute BS) can be extended to any young player coming through.

R'hllor

People talking about Glazers spending money like they done us a favor. What else they gonna do, how much money they pocketed by not needing to spend during last SAF years just because guy is a genius and could win titles with all kinds of squads and keep fans silent? The amount of money we spent is on them, the way how we spent is on them too.

Utd for ever

I honestly think the way Utd is being run at the moment ie, lack of funds, players stadium etc that they are waiting for a bid for the club very soon.

Eddy_JukeZ

They are all cowards.

I really wish someone buys the club. If only to see the Glazers/Woodward leave.

blythy

Fascist Dictator
How can our board and owners take themselves serious when they evaluate Ed Woodward. It is absolutely baffling. There seems to be absolutely no demands or standards for Ed's performance.

Absolute laughing stock.
I dare say he is primarily judged on commercial deals and how much money he generates the owners. Until that dries up (if) - then as far as they're concerned, he's doing a good job.

ExecutionerWasp001

Absolutely zero progress. We are going backwards. How can our board and owners take themselves serious when they evaluate Ed Woodward. It is absolutely baffling. There seems to be absolutely no demands or standards for Ed's performance.
It's difficult to evaluate Woodward.

He has now botched 4 managerial appointments giving him a 0/4 record. He could hardly veto Moyes though as he was hand picked by SAF. Nobody could have foreseen how bad LVG & Jose were going to turn out. Ole is looking a mistake which is all on him though. Ole has bought some good players so at least won't leave us in a worse position than when he started.

I would presume it's the manager (with help from scouts) who identify players & then tell Woodward to get them. I don't see that he's done much wrong in this respect. We've signed players like Falcao, Di Maria, Pogba, Ibra & Sanchez all for huge fees & wages. He has received criticism for not giving Jose the extra money he asked for. There is nothing to suggest Jose would do anything but waste any further money he was given.

I think the blame for our demise lays with poor scouting & snake oil salesman managers. It is Ed though who has overseen all this so it's his responsibility.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Glazers are terrible owners - it's not just about pumping money into the club, but making the right appointments. They are as responsible as Woodward is himself. They fecking hired him to take control of the footballing side.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Looking at it last night, both teams have spent hundreds of millions yet the gap is ridiculously big. We have a properly shit team. Years of Woodward's complete incompetence in the transfer market has led to this shite squad. Rounds of flop after flop, wrong manager after wrong manager, transfer feck-up after feck-up. He is the biggest moron we've ever had at the club.

MiracleInMadrid

It's difficult to evaluate Woodward.

He has now botched 4 managerial appointments giving him a 0/4 record. He could hardly veto Moyes though as he was hand picked by SAF. Nobody could have foreseen how bad LVG & Jose were going to turn out. Ole is looking a mistake which is all on him though. Ole has bought some good players so at least won't leave us in a worse position than when he started.

I would presume it's the manager (with help from scouts) who identify players & then tell Woodward to get them. I don't see that he's done much wrong in this respect. We've signed players like Falcao, Di Maria, Pogba, Ibra & Sanchez all for huge fees & wages. He has received criticism for not giving Jose the extra money he asked for. There is nothing to suggest Jose would do anything but waste any further money he was given.

I think the blame for our demise lays with poor scouting & snake oil salesman managers. It is Ed though who has overseen all this so it's his responsibility.
My primary problem with Ed is that he do not seem to have a strategy for the direction of the sporting department of this club. I am talking 3, 5 and 10 years plans. To be fair, I'm sure he and the board has, but his actions and managerial picks show no sign of a desired philosophy other than boosting the marketability of our brand.

Moyes, LVG, Mourinho and Ole point in four different directions. I wouldn't be too critical if one of them was a short term solution to get us back to winning ways (Mourinho). But when the rest of the appointments have also proven to be terrible, he must receive a great deal of the blame of our demise.
At no point have we had a squad to fit the manager's way of playing. This has meant that there has been a lack of continuity. I have completely supressed the time under Moyes, so I can't remember how it was like when he was here. But both LVG and Mourinho was public about not getting the right players in, and with Ole it is obvious to everyone that the squad is no way near good enough in both quality and quantity.

A good leader would recognise being out of depth and having too many tasks, and instead delegate responsibility to people with real insight in how you maintain succes on the field for more than a year at a time. He has talked about appointing a sporting director, but that plan seems to have imploded completely.

Far too many things are pointing at him. Of course the owners also has to take a lot of blame for not removing him og giving him a more suitable role.

dave1956

Look at the club's board and the management board, Woodward is Executive Vice Chairman and Director, given that Avram and Joel are Co-Chairman then Woodward is the 3rd most powerful person within the company. He is because he lives in the U.K., virtually the most powerful person at the club being responsible for the day to day running of all aspects of the club.
He is a this time virtually fire proof, the only way I see that he can be removed is : 1 A vote of no confidence by the Board of Directors, which due to continuing profability of the club is very unlikely, 2. Being dismissed by the Co-Chairmen which again is very unlikely unless the club's financial position collapses completely, 3 If he resigns which I do not expect and finally 4 A change of ownership.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Us match going fans really need to do something about this.

Some may not like it, but we need to start making ourselves heard now.

Red Stone

Looking at it last night, both teams have spent hundreds of millions yet the gap is ridiculously big. We have a properly shit team. Years of Woodward's complete incompetence in the transfer market has led to this shite squad. Rounds of flop after flop, wrong manager after wrong manager, transfer feck-up after feck-up. He is the biggest moron we've ever had at the club.
And City's spending has still been quite hit-and-miss. Their defence is still a mess, despite all the money they've spent on it over the years. But for them it's just the defence. For us it's the entire team, the manager, the backroom staff and, well, everything, really.