Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

Red_toad

It's proactive to make suggestions. It's not assault if you do it while filming it and then shout, "It's a prank!". Works for youtubers anyway. "Assault" seems an OTT description, compared anyway to the violation of our club that they've been committing since they took over.

P.S - you sound like you're waiting for the Messiah. Let me know if he's coming soon cos I'm sick of this s****.
Assault in any kind of unwelcome contact or force. Doesn’t really matter if it seems an OTT description, it’s a legal definition. Lets say 50 hostile blokes rush you and throw eggs at you because you’re at work and they don’t agree with the job you do, are you going to just laugh it off?
Oh and you’re not being proactive by inciting others to commit illegal acts.
A lot of fans are sick of what’s been going on for a long time, but there has to be a focused legal way to resolve it.

KekiZeki

Fans spontanously leaving is not enough. There should be an organized protest, something like empty second half that can't be ignored.
It should also be advertized in advance by the fans. We should get sir Alex on our side too, maybe then owners would listen.

GiddyUp

Except it wouldn't be pointless. What do you suggest then? We just keep complaining amongst ourselves online? No wonder people walk all over Brits these days...
Orderly pitch invasion at half time. Global headlines right there. Delay the game to the point it must be abandoned. It's extreme and will cause the club a lot of shit but it could be a turning point for the club.
Every bright light over the last 6 years has been extinguished by a mountain of poor decisions from top to bottom.
Regular match going fans need to take the lead or we will continue to fall. Singing won't work, Woodward and the Glazers need to be humiliated and every flaw highlighted at every opportunity.
The two Robbies on NBCSN were in heated debate yesterday yet were in agreement on every point. If two pundits with no affiliation to the club can get that angry imagine what die hard supporters feel like. If I wasn't 1500 miles away I'd be all over it.
Everyone should stop spending money on the club for a start. Disconnect from official club media and demand better. Season ticket holders should protest outside the merchandise shop. Encourage day trippers to give that £100 to local charities who you have invited to set up outside of OT. Let them know that they could spend their money with the locals selling scarves and memorabilia. If revenue plummets overnight Woodward would be gone by lunch.

romufc

Fans spontanously leaving is not enough. There should be an organized protest, something like empty second half that can't be ignored.
It should also be advertized in advance by the fans. We should get sir Alex on our side too, maybe then owners would listen.
Yesterday's dire performance got alot of media coverage by fans chanting and leaving early.

When we lose games, it seems natural fans will leave, but fans need to leave regardless the on pitch result.

mark_a

Ideally Glazers gone, but definitely Woodward gone. It's a results business & he's overseen some terrible managerial appointments &, in turn, signings. There's now a moment where we've made 3 good signings, started a clearout & we need better than this in order to keep the ship steady to keep building.

Is Ole and Champions League winning manager? Don't think so.

Can he oversee a culture change and team refresh? Yes I think so.

Will I boycott the club if Woodward throws him under the bus?* Yes.

The singing fans have got this: Anti-Glazer, anti-Woodward, pro-Ole. Right at this moment, that's where it needs to be. This is before you get to Poch in/out debates. That's for when we have a properly run club. Get him in, as some internet fans and pundits are saying and we'll be watching Ed Woodward sacking him in the middle of next season.

* clearly that won't affect the owners as I've a season ticket & they'll still get the money

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
You think turning the atmosphere toxic helped the team?

No i'm not Jewish. Answering a question with a question for the hard of thinking.
It didn't hurt them vs Norwich, poor management hurt the team more

Godfather

You think turning the atmosphere toxic helped the team?

No i'm not Jewish. Answering a question with a question for the hard of thinking.
It probably helped getting rid off Moyes sooner than it would have happened otherwise so yes such things can help in the grand scheme of things.

manuchamp88

Assault in any kind of unwelcome contact or force. Doesn’t really matter if it seems an OTT description, it’s a legal definition. Lets say 50 hostile blokes rush you and throw eggs at you because you’re at work and they don’t agree with the job you do, are you going to just laugh it off?
Oh and you’re not being proactive by inciting others to commit illegal acts.
A lot of fans are sick of what’s been going on for a long time, but there has to be a focused legal way to resolve it.
Relax man, noone will take it seriously. Poor comparison though. I don't have millions of expectant fans around the world. If you want to say something like if I were an important stockbroker who deals with thousands of clients around the world then maybe it would be a closer analogy. Then again, if I were f*****g up my job, I would already be fired. I wouldn't be given the chance to wait around to be hounded out of my job by the clients.

Alabaster Codify7

The 'daytrippers' will eventually die off. Daytrippers want to watch good football and successful teams, not this shite.

Give it 1-2 yrs and we will no longer have daytrippers at all, they'll be visiting the blue lot instead or popping over to Merseyside.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
If now isn’t the right time then f*** knows when is? Unless you are happy to see performances and results like last night on a regular occurrence?

The club is rotten to the core from top to bottom.
It should have happened sooner, a lot sooner perhaps but save any protest for pre/post match and at half-time, but when the lads are on the pitch either support them, or sit on your hands.

DavidDeSchmikes

One hundred losses, five head coaches, two general managers, two franchise quarterbacks, three confirmed cases of MRSA and zero playoff appearances.

Let’s say it again.

No trips to the postseason, the only decade-long drought of its kind suffered in 44 seasons by the Bucs.
If you follow the odor, it leads to the offices of co-chairmen Bryan, Joel and Ed Glazer. They managed to chase away nearly 10,000 paying customers per game — from the 60,624 average in 2016 to this season’s 50,780.

And what did the fans get during this decade of decay? The most points scored and the most points allowed. Bluster and blunders. False platitudes and lousy attitudes.

Also, a revolving door installed in the Bucs head coach’s office.

The five head coaches from 2010-19 are the most of any decade in the club’s history.

About every two seasons, Joel Glazer literally would begin the introductory press conference this way:

“This is a very exciting day for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as we begin a new chapter.
https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bucs/2019/12/27/bidding-farewell-to-the-bucs-decade-of-decay/

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
Would love it if the saudi's came and took us over.
Absolutely. So tired of the whining and bitching over this. For the price United is valued at, there are only a handful of people that could afford to buy the team, and most of those individuals are sociopath assholes.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
The 'daytrippers' will eventually die off. Daytrippers want to watch good football and successful teams, not this shite.

Give it 1-2 yrs and we will no longer have daytrippers at all, they'll be visiting the blue lot instead or popping over to Merseyside.
it’s already started tbf, the amount of red seats that were on show last night was very bad for old Trafford.

DavidDeSchmikes

Guardian said:
Neil Ashton, the former Sun journalist and Sky Sports presenter whose new communications consultancy recently took on United as a client, with improving Woodward’s status a key goal, has some job on his hands to repair the relationship between the club’s de facto CEO and its supporters. “[Woodward]’s a guy that absolutely loves Manchester United,” Ashton said last week. “I want to change perception of not only himself but the ownership of the club.”

KekiZeki

Yesterday's dire performance got alot of media coverage by fans chanting and leaving early.

When we lose games, it seems natural fans will leave, but fans need to leave regardless the on pitch result.
Organisation is the key word. This will just be turned in to "Ole has to leave" headline instead of a message to a lot deeper problem at the club.

Red Stone

It should have happened sooner, a lot sooner perhaps but save any protest for pre/post match and at half-time, but when the lads are on the pitch either support them, or sit on your hands.
This might be hard to understand for a massive top red like you, but protesting the owners isn't the same as not supporting the players.

R'hllor

Sad fecking state of affairs when you're called a WUM or Troll for wanting what's best for the club, and actually having the intelligence to know it.
You wouldnt know whats best for the club even if it hits you in the head and stop selling wisdom, you have none. You just roaming in this place with that fake aura of knowing shit hopping to bait those who are on bit of edge, you fecking troll.

Jericholyte2

The thing I would say is boycotts won’t happen but what fans can do is control the chants.

Chant nothing but anti-Glazer and Woodward chants. No songs about the players or Ole or anything else. 90 minutes of every game aimed at the board. Not interrupted by anything going on during the match a clear, loud message.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
You wouldnt know whats best for the club even if it hits you in the head and stop selling wisdom, you have none. You just roaming in this place with that fake aura of knowing shit hopping to bait those who are on bit of edge, you fecking troll.
You don't need wisdom, a reasonable level of intelligence should be enough to know it's better for the fans to get behind the lads when the match is in progress, even more so when it's a young side low on confidence, and to not turn the atmosphere toxic which helped nobody apart from Burnley and their players, but sadly you haven't even got that.

The thing I would say is boycotts won’t happen but what fans can do is control the chants.

Chant nothing but anti-Glazer and Woodward chants. No songs about the players or Ole or anything else. 90 minutes of every game aimed at the board. Not interrupted by anything going on during the match a clear, loud message.
Organised boycotts won't happen but attend is down. And will continue to organically drop.

If only people listened to the fans in 2005 and walked away then...

ShinjiNinja26

Fecking parasites the lot of em!! :mad:

Disgusting how their destroying this club. Worst thing is there’s no end in sight, only a select few have the funds to purchase this club and they seem to be even pricing them out.

Okey

So...is any organised protest seriously brewing? We play Wolves on Feb 1st at OT, right after the transfer window closes, and it's on Sky. If we end up signing no one, or even sign only Bruno on deadline day, how about a properly coordinated fan exit during that game? Decide on a time very early in the second half. Basically fill up the stadium after half time munchies, then empty it rapidly. No matter the result on the pitch at the time. What do people think? If this has any traction, can the more influential amongst us put this together? I admit I'm not in that category but I'll be one of the first to walk out if we agree. We have to make a very public and visible show of dissent against this progressive decimation of our beloved club.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
So...is any organised protest seriously brewing? We play Wolves on Feb 1st at OT, right after the transfer window closes, and it's on Sky. If we end up signing no one, or even sign only Bruno on deadline day, how about a properly coordinated fan exit during that game? Decide on a time very early in the second half. Basically fill up the stadium after half time munchies, then empty it rapidly. No matter the result on the pitch at the time. What do people think? If this has any traction, can the more influential amongst us put this together? I admit I'm not in that category but I'll be one of the first to walk out if we agree. We have to make a very public and visible show of dissent against this progressive decimation of our beloved club.
It's emptying pretty rapidly anyway. I've never seen so many people leave at half time as I did yesterday.