Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
No quality despite spending €1bn. Cannot name another industry where he'd still have a job.

Roboc7

These cnuts are bleeding the club and the squad before they sell it off this summer.
They aren’t selling for a long time, no need to. They’ll just keep trimming wage bill and keep net spend low whilst they line their pockets.

No one is buying this club.

umairmufc

We should all start protesting against them in our home game , chant against them and should make our voices heard .
Stop buying club merchandise is another way to protest .
But we should get united against leechers no matter in whatever way we do.

Coleyoscar

It is patently obvious that the accountant in charge thinks he needs be making the football decisions. I wouldn't get on a plane if the CEO of the airline with no piloting experience decided he should try his hand at flying. We are going nowhere until we become a professional outfit again.

RedDevilRoshi

Mentioned it on the Burnley thread:

With the game live on tv, I hope the anti Woodward/Glazer chants are even louder than they were at the Norwich City game.

Manchester Utd get the 3 points but all the media attention is on the above.

We ain’t going to progress forward unless we get these viruses out of our club. They are the problem.

Fosu-Mens

No quality despite spending €1bn. Cannot name another industry where he'd still have a job.
Because the revenue has increased each year and the results(Financial) have been green.
But compared to the overall increase in value amongst the top clubs in the world, we have performed the worst in regards to increased revenue. So, it would be equivalent to not losing money on stocks when the index is going up each year. Not in any way a feat, only shows he is not a complete financial moron.

Woodzy

Because the revenue has increased each year and the results(Financial) have been green.
But compared to the overall increase in value amongst the top clubs in the world, we have performed the worst in regards to increased revenue. So, it would be equivalent to not losing money on stocks when the index is going up each year. Not in any way a feat, only shows he is not a complete financial moron.
Yup. It’s becoming more and more obvious that this club is not about the football anymore.

ExecutionerWasp001

These cnuts are bleeding the club and the squad before they sell it off this summer.
Does anyone know how much they take from the clubs profits for themselves. I've read they take £10 Mill. We also have the £20 Mill interest payments. I don't understand why they don't seem interested in selling. If they sold the club they could probably walk away with 1 - 2 Billion after clearance of the debt. They won't make this money in their lifetimes using their current business model.

AneRu

Does anyone know how much they take from the clubs profits for themselves. I've read they take £10 Mill. We also have the £20 Mill interest payments. I don't understand why they don't seem interested in selling. If they sold the club they could probably walk away with 1 - 2 Billion after clearance of the debt. They won't make this money in their lifetimes using their current business model.
Problem is that there is a handful of people who can afford to spend what they would demand and even fewer who would be interested especially looking at the major investments the club needs on and off the pitch. I am beginning to think we are stuck with them for sometime unless the Saudis come in but then even they would be wary of the PR fallout from fierce fan resistance.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
I like the anti glazers/woodward chants, but do you guys actually believe someone from the glazer family is watching our games?

When was the last time anyone from that family was spotted at a game in Manchester? I’m 100% they are not interested in the actual game of football, at all.

Roboc7

Mentioned it on the Burnley thread:

With the game live on tv, I hope the anti Woodward/Glazer chants are even louder than they were at the Norwich City game.

Manchester Utd get the 3 points but all the media attention is on the above.

We ain’t going to progress forward unless we get these viruses out of our club. They are the problem.
Won’t make blind bit of difference and Glazers won’t raise an eyebrow.

Adisa

We gave been playing injured players cause this bastard refused to do his job. This cannot be allowed to continue.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Are our finances in complete disarray?

Because even allowing for Glazernomics, it makes no sense why we are sqaud is so threadbare, and now full of relatively low wage earners and youth.

Glazers were able and willing to finance LVG and Mourinho projects. Why has investment and wage bill been so different under OGS?

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Those blaming Ole will be shouting louder, but which idiot would want to manage this club with these parasites in charge?
No investments. The squad is gutted.
Rashford for example was playing on pain killers because we don't have strikers.
So two strikers down now.
No midfield with the injuries we have. Many of us saw all this coming when the season started.

How do you win a football match without key positions not being filled.

Complete mess.

Denis79

Those blaming Ole will be shouting louder, but which idiot would want to manage this club with these parasites in charge?
No investments. The squad is gutted.
Rashford for example was playing on pain killers because we don't have strikers.
So two strikers down now.
No midfield with the injuries we have. Many of us saw all this coming when the season started.

How do you win a football match without key positions not being filled.

Complete mess.
Very poorly run club, Things like theese are planned ahead. It's a mess as you say. That's what happens when a banker runs a football club.

Denis79

In a nutshell.
They are not football people.

....and we are still to appoint a Directer of Football.
Who says a DOF would make a difference when Woodward still has the last word? I'm pretty sure proper football people advise him on a regular basis, he just chose to ignore it.

ravi2

In a nutshell.
They are not football people.

....and we are still to appoint a Directer of Football.
This is what happens when you let an accountant play CEO and the chief negotiator Mike Judge is an investment banker.
Both had zero experience in football before getting their United jobs and the club has suffered greatly during their tenure and this will continue to until they leave.

A DOF would be a good start but he or she would have to deal with Ed and the Glazers so that probably wouldnt work as well. The club needs structural change and I dont see that happening anytime soon.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
This is what happens when you let an accountant play CEO and the chief negotiator Mike Judge is an investment banker.
Both had zero experience in football before getting their United jobs and the club has suffered greatly during their tenure and this will continue to until they leave.

A DOF would be a good start but he or she would have to deal with Ed and the Glazers so that probably wouldnt work as well. The club needs structural change and I dont see that happening anytime soon.
btw I'm not advocating we be sold to the Saudis. That would be the end for me and many supporters my age.
The reality is we are in this no man's land.

ravi2

btw I'm not advocating we be sold to the Saudis. That would be the end for me and many supporters my age.
The reality is we are in this no man's land.
I cant imagine who can afford to buy the club other than someone from the middle east.

Strelok

They aren’t selling for a long time, no need to. They’ll just keep trimming wage bill and keep net spend low whilst they line their pockets.

No one is buying this club.
This.

We're their cow now. They'll milk the club dry then sell the meat. Whether there'd be anyone buying or not, the cow is long dead by then regardless.

EngimaMK

I just signed up to the Bucaneers forum. Seems those guys really are quite cool on the Glazers. Weird. I suspect it's because they were never a big team, so the Glazers have kept them mediocre. We were huge and have been fecked by those vampires.

The Buc's fans are telling me to chill!

EngimaMK

My original comment:

"Hey to my transatlantic cousins. I'm an English Manchester United FC fan and we are currently slumping. The biggest team in the country for years, but now utterly terrible. The atmosphere at the stadium and amongst fans online is rapidly becoming toxic. Really, the worst it's been for years. I know the Glazer family also have a big stake in you guys and I'm being kinda lazy to ask (I'm sure I could Google it but asking real fans is sometimes more fruitful), but how are they doing with managing you guys? We see them as absolute scum. Blood sucking vampires. We are currently the 6th most valuable sports team in the world. I'm pretty sure that before they took over we were much closer to the top of that list. The Glazer scum used a leveraged buyout to purchase the club. They borrowed loads of money to buy us, then loaded the debt onto the club. It was fine for a while because we had a legendary manager to paper over the cracks but after Sir Alex Ferguson left we are struggling. They aren't investing, they are leeching money and we are in real danger of slipping down the table. So sad to see. How does their management of us compare to the management of the Buc's by the Glazer family? I can see hate boiling up against them. Their fecking bloodsucking incompetence is unforgivable. Love United, Hate Glazer."

These are the responses I got...

- "They may be the hated Glazers but they're our hated Glazers so watch what you say buddy!"

- "The Glazers are better than Hugh Culverhouse whose wife wanted to dig up his dead body and pump it full of lead. And his son Hugh Jr said dad is in hell. By that standard, the Glazers are the best owners in franchise history"

- "We have great respect here for the horned ones risen from infernal depths whom we call Glazertards as they clutch purses of gold with their cloven hooves and leave anguished fans in eternal despair.
Don't understand why they're not doing as well over your way."

- "First you degrade midgets and now you attack America. These Glazers are sometimes rumored to be interested in moving the team to England. Seems you might deserve it." (this is in response to me saying that they bought a giant club and seem determined to make us midgets)

EngimaMK

They have made Bucaneers fans benign, passive and accepting of mediocrity, Thats fine if you've always been mediocre. But we were once Giants. So sad to see what they have done to us...

Adisa

The idea Woorward is a commercial genius is a myth. Tell me an EPL club that has seen revenues decline in the last five years?
Our revenues have flat lined, cost keep rising, we keep signing these piecemeal commercial deals.
The only reason he's there is cause of loyalty. He's been monumentally bad.

AneRu

The idea Woorward is a commercial genius is a myth. Tell me an EPL club that has seen revenues decline in the last five years?
Our revenues have flat lined, cost keep rising, we keep signing these piecemeal commercial deals.
The only reason he's there is cause of loyalty. He's been monumentally bad.
Ditto, we are paying Champions League and title winning wages to a squad that's struggled to finish in the top 4 for 5 of the 7 seasons he has been in charge, he hasn't done well at all because what's the point of making money if you can't use it effectively? Without on pitch success revenues do not improve and this flat lining in growth is a precursor to declining earnings whilst continued failures on the pitch will fuel the decline, with our levels of debt we could be in massive financial difficulties five or so years down the line. Woodward's bungling is unsustainable.

R'hllor

They took a bite and not letting it go, only way out is to break their teeth