Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
What’s the point, we’ve no way of getting them out. :(

The Purley King

We are now arsenal.
Except it will take us another 6 or 7 years to accept it.
Get used to it ladies and gents it won’t be getting better anytime soon.

Slysi17

OUT !

Imagine if MBS buys Man United. Glazer leeches are out of the board and bainshed in US. Woodward gets called to the Saudi Arabia embassy and no one sees him ever again. Judge sacked. Then proper football men are appointed at the top. Sancho bought at the minute along with new LB and CB. Deadwoods such as Jones,Smalling,Mata,Pereira etc. axed.

Sweet dreams.
Over the top here. Even though Ed Woodward has been terrible, he shouldn't lose his life.

Foxbatt

I fully support getting other owners who would think of the club first. Yes MBS would invest and want to win simply because his ego would not allow him to be second best.

diarm

OUT !

Imagine if MBS buys Man United. Glazer leeches are out of the board and bainshed in US. Woodward gets called to the Saudi Arabia embassy and no one sees him ever again. Judge sacked. Then proper football men are appointed at the top. Sancho bought at the minute along with new LB and CB. Deadwoods such as Jones,Smalling,Mata,Pereira etc. axed.

Sweet dreams.
The day the Saudis buy United is the day I stop supporting the club.

I would follow us down to the bottom of the footballing league but not to 10 Champions League finals owned by them.

Stretender

I would follow us down to the bottom of the footballing league but not to 10 Champions League finals owned by them.
Funny thing is there will probably be 2 million more additional fans taking your place.

I don't care who owns the club so long as their primary aim is for United to win major trophies . Something which we will never get under the Glazers, who in my opinion are the definition of ugly capitalism.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Funny thing is there will probably be 2 million more additional fans taking your place.

I don't care who owns the club so long as their primary aim is for United to win major trophies . Something which we will never get under the Glazers, who in my opinion are the definition of ugly capitalism.

Most people that say that are talking rubbish anyway. Guaranteed if we were going mad in transfers windows, signing world class players, winning trophies, playing exciting football they'd go nowhere.

Goku23

Something definitely needs to be done the problem is what ? We wont get back to winning trophies with Glazers in charge they invest to build this summer was the time to bring wholesale changes and we only have 1 signing its a disgrace the Glazers dont care if were crap in the pitch as long as the club keeps lining thier pockets.

Revan

Assumptionman
Most people that say that are talking rubbish anyway. Guaranteed if we were going mad in transfers windows, signing world class players, winning trophies, playing exciting football they'd go nowhere.
You are wrong. Football in that case would be secondary for many.

Of course, it will attract many other new fans though (same as how City did).

Russky14

Do people want owners who invest their own money & win trophies as the supposed biggest club in the world or are you happy at seeing the scousers do it. I was 26 when It's finally won the league & at this rate we will be well behind again as we ain't winning it for years let alone the CL. Better off supporting City & Chelsea. Damage limitation as to the red dippers.

Strelok

I haven’t paid any money into football that could get back to Glazers for 4 years. I even restrict my viewing to inconsistent streams for that reason.

I think fans should unite under a common purpose to get them out. But it would require someone like Gary Neville or of that stature with the club to make that happen.
Great then, hope all our fans would do that :)

It will also mean that we are done as a club on a top level though. We are the new AC Milan
No imo we won't.

If the Glazers stay we'll become the new Arsenal I think.

If hypothetically we manage to chase them out, I don't know what our state would be by then. Pretty bad I think but surely not regelated yet. Imo the current squad even without any improvement for 2,3 years would still ensure that.

Point is we have a super large fanbase and Milan doesn't. Once the Glazers are out we'll be back, that would fix the financial issues and imo the club would get back pretty soon if we can get some better owners. Chance is 50/50 but the new owners must learn from the lesson of the Glazers by then I think.

ForeverRed1

Until these guys go not much is going to change unfortunately. The structure is all wrong.

people will argue they have spent as much money as anyone. Which is true, however, when you look at other owners, they have spent their own money to raise clubs to a higher level. City and Chelsea weren’t shit before they got bought out.

These guys use Uniteds money. For everything. Including personal gain. They put us in debt, not get us out of it.

non footballing brains making footballing decisions is always going to cost us. It’s so sad to see this happening here. They need to go and we need owners with Uniteds best interests at heart and the ambition to get us back on top.

This club is the most followed football club in world football. We should be up there with the best. The Bayern’s, the real Madrid’s, the Barca’s. Instead liverpool, City have superior managers and squads. How has it got to this?

also things like our stadium needs updating, our training facilities are behind the likes of city, arsenal and Tottenham. Club needs investment beyond the pitch.

it’s going to take someone with serious money to spend to come in and put this club right.

hope it happens sooner rather than later.

K Stand Knut

my sentiments exactly.

I’d stop going to games if we got taken over by the Saudis or any other similar regime.

the club wouldn’t care, like they don’t now but I could not bring myself to be a part of it.

I’d go to my local team instead

iHicksy

Disgraceful.
Honestly. I don't know how anyone can stick up for him. This alone deserves to get him the sack. You can't have someone at his level having zero empathy and not understanding basic human needs and the emotions of the fans. It's actually terrifying when you think of all of the decisions that must go through him. People blame the Glazier's and they have a right to do so but I truly believe that the most toxic man at our club is Woodward. I remember reading Bryan Robson saying he was shocked at how Woodward insisted on being integral to all transfer negotiations because that's the part he enjoyed the most. We've got a guy conducting transfers business not because he's good at it or knows the trade, but because it's "fun" for him. Couple that with the news about how agents think we're a laughing stock and the more you learn about the man the more you realise that replacing him with a person, or persons who are actually competent and not self serving egomaniacs would go such a long way to fixing many of the problems the club face.

ken11

We can say it all we want but it won't reach their ears. That's the problem.

RedDevil@84

What does it say? I can't view tweets at work.
“I’ve not even said goodbye to the fans. There wasn’t a parting of the ways.

“You normally get an idea of whether you’ll get moved on or not a couple of days before the end of the season.

“Someone normally comes up to you, the CEO Ed Woodward, to say ‘we’re not giving you a new deal’ or ‘we know you’re not going to sign, so look for pastures new’. I didn’t get either of them.

“On the last day of the season, we played Southampton. The game finished and I went into the changing room.

“The directors always come into the dressing room to shake the players’ hands, Bobby Charlton and Ed Woodward.

“He sat next to me after the game, with my boots still on, and said ‘we’re not going to renew your contract. Thanks for your services at the club. You’re free to go on’.”

“I thought ‘surely you could have given me a heads up before and given me a goodbye’ but I was just numb.

“It got to so late in the season, I though there would be a role for me because they surely would have told me before this day.

“But it never happened and I thought I deserved to say goodbye to the fans, the staff.

“I was bitter for a little while. That was what got me thinking that this is not being run properly. This is not how the best team in the world should be doing things.”

Toad

“You normally get an idea of whether you’ll get moved on or not a couple of days before the end of the season.

“Someone normally comes up to you, the CEO Ed Woodward, to say ‘we’re not giving you a new deal’ or ‘we know you’re not going to sign, so look for pastures new’. I didn’t get either of them.

“On the last day of the season, we played Southampton. The game finished and I went into the changing room.

“The directors always come into the dressing room to shake the players’ hands, Bobby Charlton and Ed Woodward.

“He sat next to me after the game, with my boots still on, and said ‘we’re not going to renew your contract. Thanks for your services at the club. You’re free to go on’.”

“I thought ‘surely you could have given me a heads up before and given me a goodbye’ but I was just numb.

“It got to so late in the season, I though there would be a role for me because they surely would have told me before this day.

“But it never happened and I thought I deserved to say goodbye to the fans, the staff.

“I was bitter for a little while. That was what got me thinking that this is not being run properly. This is not how the best team in the world should be doing things.”
wanker

hungrywing

I'm kind of surprised that there are posters who haven't heard the Rio story before.

I thought that story, along with Evra's contract extension and the 'Hi Wazza' text story, was infamous amongst the fanbase.

clarkydaz

thats bad, what he did to Evra was even worse

Untd55

I don't think they have been bad financially. I know people question our spending, but we do spend a lot of money. According to transfermarket (some of the transfer fees seem a bit off, but close enough), we have spent £1bn on transfer fees since Ferguson retired. 2013 to 2020 has an average yearly spend of about £143m on transfers.

I think £1bn is plenty to spend to make the team good enough, so getting new owners isn't really going to change that.

The Glazers are hands-off owners; they don't actually participate much in the running of the club. They do take dividends, but they are hardly starving the club of funds for transfers. People mention that they loaded the club with debt, but it is far from crippling as some people say.

Not all the management has been bad. We have been managed well financially. I know people want us to spend more and agree to any deal/deal structure, but that kind of management would be awful and will likely create financial issues for the club, which will reduce the amount spent on transfers. The club can't recklessly tie themselves into massive outgoings in cash.

Our issues don't lie on the financial side but with recruitment, management (football side of things), and the lack of planning in terms of managers has been poor.

LARulz

Anyone seen Evra's video on Instagram? Long video about issues at the club

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I don't think they have been bad financially. I know people question our spending, but we do spend a lot of money. According to transfermarket (some of the transfer fees seem a bit off, but close enough), we have spent £1bn on transfer fees since Ferguson retired. 2013 to 2020 has an average yearly spend of about £143m on transfers.

I think £1bn is plenty to spend to make the team good enough, so getting new owners isn't really going to change that.

The Glazers are hands-off owners; they don't actually participate much in the running of the club. They do take dividends, but they are hardly starving the club of funds for transfers. People mention that they loaded the club with debt, but it is far from crippling as some people say.

Not all the management has been bad. We have been managed well financially. I know people want us to spend more and agree to any deal/deal structure, but that kind of management would be awful and will likely create financial issues for the club, which will reduce the amount spent on transfers. The club can't recklessly tie themselves into massive outgoings in cash.

Our issues don't lie on the financial side but with recruitment, management (football side of things), and the lack of planning in terms of managers has been poor.
The Glazers are hardly hands-off owners, they sign-off on everything from expensive transfers to expensing a cup of coffee.

WeedmineR

So much division, it will never, ever change. Only the hope of random change remains.

Abhinav

Its funny how some people think that changing the manager will somehow completely transform us under this clueless ownership. Don’t people think the ineptness of Ed Woodward & Glazers & their cronies has reached each and every Manager worth talking about? Only the most desperate manager or someone who is in love with the club will agree to manage us under the current ownership. Why do you think Klopp turned us down? Or why we could only attract LVG & Jose when they were past their peak? I love Ole but he too joined because no other club was offering a job to him at this level. The fact that he stuck with it and is silently transforming us, within whatever resources available to him, despite the shit show above is a huge credit to him and why I think he deserves utmost respect of each and every fan. So when you start clamouring for some new shiny toy, remember that the new manager will only come when they are desperate and cant find any other alternatives of similar prestige so long as we are run by these leeches.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
It feels like we are in that seemingly never ending cycle that Liverpool went through now. Unless we take the plunge and make considerable investment one summer on the absolute right players, we will never catch up.

I just don't see them ever taking that plunge because transfer fees have risen considerably and the cost to catch up now is a lot more than it used to be. Chelsea have spent big this summer and I think have a better squad than us now, but still are probably 3 or 4 very good players away from competing. So, roughly speaking, I'd say we need the following now to be at the level of Liverpool and City.

LB (starter or backup depending on what Shaw does)
Potentially RB (unless we trust Laird and he steps up well)
CB
CM (x2 if Pogba doesn't find his feet in the current role and McTominay can't replace Matic)
RW
LW (if Rashford doesn't become the player many think he can)
ST (unless Greenwood moves centrally when we sign a RW)

The more we delay or follow our current strategy, the bigger the gap will become.

And I have a very strong feeling that we will need a better manager too, if we're being realistic.

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions

This. There will always be a small minority of self-righteous fans upset about something or another with the club. The fact of the matter is that if the Saudis bought the club and started winning trophies, the fan base would grow exponentially.

Smithy89

The club is isn't even a sleeping giant, damn near extinct. Glazers and Ed have sucked everything ounce of soul from it.

Revan

Assumptionman
It feels like we are in that seemingly never ending cycle that Liverpool went through now. Unless we take the plunge and make considerable investment one summer on the absolute right players, we will never catch up.

I just don't see them ever taking that plunge because transfer fees have risen considerably and the cost to catch up now is a lot more than it used to be. Chelsea have spent big this summer and I think have a better squad than us now, but still are probably 3 or 4 very good players away from competing. So, roughly speaking, I'd say we need the following now to be at the level of Liverpool and City.

LB (starter or backup depending on what Shaw does)
Potentially RB (unless we trust Laird and he steps up well)
CB
CM (x2 if Pogba doesn't find his feet in the current role and McTominay can't replace Matic)
RW
LW (if Rashford doesn't become the player many think he can)
ST (unless Greenwood moves centrally when we sign a RW)

The more we delay or follow our current strategy, the bigger the gap will become.

And I have a very strong feeling that we will need a better manager too, if we're being realistic.
I wish the solution was as simple as buying a few great players. I don’t think it is.

We need much more than that. A forward long-term planning (which includes but it is not limited to a new manager) and better players are definitely needed. I don’t think that we will get the first with Glazers/Ed on charge, and the second is depended on the first.

DevilRed

Anyone seen Evra's video on Instagram? Long video about issues at the club
He makes such a relevant point.

When the club wanted to sign players, it was SAF and Gill who went to meet with them face to face. He said the interview was even worse than a CIA interview :lol:

Now? We send matt fecking judge and a bunch of lawyers. So what do the speak about? numbers. figures. Nothing football related.

Ed is a fecking joke. He needs to hire football people to conduct the transfers. Evra said he even trusted people outside the club. Like fecking amateurs.

This summer has made it so incredibly obvious. Put aside your ego you absolute twat.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Complaining fans should just quit buying tickets, merchandise and subscription from MUTV. Otherwise, they're just making a fool of themselves if they want change where they themselves won't change.