Glazers / Woodward out! (One down)

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
No they're just bright enough to realise Woodward is not going anywhere, you won't find a find person who wants Ole out that wants Woodward to stay, of course they don't, but who's most likely to be next out of the door, is it Ole or Woodward? I'd put my entire life on the answer you and I both know it's going to be.
So not man enough to solve the actual problem then. Just keep getting pissed around by woody and then blame the manger for his mistakes?

clarkydaz

I am genuinely interested in knowing what exactly would you have wanted United to do differently then what they have done in the last 7 years. I am mainly talking in terms of manager appointments and transfers.

People act like we used to get superb deals before Ed. Even then people would talk about a United tax.
I hate the Glazers as they suck money out of the club but Ed is as helpless with that as anyone else as after all he is an employee.
No he isnt, he signs off stupid wages and contracts every year. He employs his mates to do these jobs, not the best man for the job

DSG

I think Ole is trying hard not to be too negative when speaking to the media, unlike José who blamed everyone but himself. It really doesn't help anyone by having a go at the heirarchy within the club via the media. The supporters are the one's who can try to get rid of these leeches, and the parasites that cling to them, but how we do that I'm not sure. Social media perhaps, or boycotting any sponsors of the club, but the glazers will only sell when the money stops rolling in.
Generally, I would agree with you. But what if this dysfunctional leadership from the board and Woodward is actually tearing the club down from the inside? Is it not your duty to alert the fans, the community, that the asshats in charge are the culprits behind the fall from grace? I say yes, it is.

L1nk

So not man enough to solve the actual problem then. Just keep getting pissed around by woody and then blame the manger for his mistakes?
Oh come on, "not man enough", what are you gonna do, go and beat people up or something? What kind of stupid statement is that, not man enough, christ. No see you don't get it, cause you're living in some RedCafe bubble, you go do what you need to do, infact i'd say everybody on this forum can stop following all of United's social media, stop going to games, stop buying the merchandise, constant protests of Green & Gold, and you know what, the thousands upon thousands of other United fans will just fill in the gap you left and the Club won't give a care in the world about the absence, that's the sad thing about it all.

Yes they are the actual problem, but they aren't going, it's the Glazers that need to make the decision of getting rid of Woodward which they won't, they won't sell up despite your manly efforts either, it will only be for a sizeable financial package which isn't going to be made because nobody is that stupid when you consider the state the club is in when you look at the team, the stadium, the debt etc

The only thing that can be changed, and should be changed irrespective of you being correct that all above the manager need changing to, is Ole, because he isn't good enough, and never has been, if people looked past the fact he used to play for us everyone would see it.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Oh come on, "not man enough", what are you gonna do, go and beat people up or something? What kind of stupid statement is that, not man enough, christ. No see you don't get it, cause you're living in some RedCafe bubble, you go do what you need to do, infact i'd say everybody on this forum can stop following all of United's social media, stop going to games, stop buying the merchandise, constant protests of Green & Gold, and you know what, the thousands upon thousands of other United fans will just fill in the gap you left and the Club won't give a care in the world about the absence, that's the sad thing about it all.Yes they are the actual problem, but they aren't going, it's the Glazers that need to make the decision of getting rid of Woodward which they won't, they won't sell up despite your manly efforts either, it will only be for a sizeable financial package which isn't going to be made because nobody is that stupid when you consider the state the club is in when you look at the team, the stadium, the debt etc
The only thing that can be changed, and should be changed irrespective of you being correct that all above the manager need changing to, is Ole, because he isn't good enough, and never has been, if people looked past the fact he used to play for us everyone would see it.
So we haven't changed a thing then. I'm personally not interested in this kind of myopia.

PS: I dont contribute even 1 penny to the Glazers and haven't done for 3 years

Bwuk

Can blame Woodward all we want, but we had a good enough 11 on paper to get a result. Today isn’t his fault.

Ole cant coach. He’s our his depth massively. Ed is an issue but so is Ole.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
No they're just bright enough to realise Woodward is not going anywhere, you won't find a find person who wants Ole out that wants Woodward to stay, of course they don't, but who's most likely to be next out of the door, is it Ole or Woodward? I'd put my entire life on the answer you and I both know it's going to be.
This kind of attitude is why we deserve them and will never get rid.

Barca or Madrid fans would have had him lynched by now. Not an exaggeration

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Can blame Woodward all we want, but we had a good enough 11 on paper to get a result. Today isn’t his fault.

Ole cant coach. He’s our his depth massively. Ed is an issue but so is Ole.
Can't coach but came 3rd last season and beat Pep 3 times? Yeah right.

The club is toxic. Not even sure Fergie could rescue us. Wake up.

AneRu

The players are demoralized because after fighting to get into top 4,the owners have once again....failed. Oles not an issue. We should have gone into the season optimistic but instead all the negative press is due to the owners and their minions. They have frustrated the supporters. The players. The manager. They are in over their head. They bought into success but are losers
This, this and this. The failure over the summer has allowed a negative vibe to creep in and settle. After working hard for top 4 to see Woodward overpromise and under deliver has been utterly demoralizing.

Other clubs like Real Madrid didn't spend much and they clearly told the whole world that they are broke and won't be spending big whilst Woodward talked a big game and spent the whole summer chasing an unattainable target just for social media buzz but he forgets that the fans, the coaches and players are human and his failure has crushed morale. The team feels the toxicity around the club and affects performances.

We have been successful before with the Glazers in charge and we certainly spend enough money to be successful but we won't succeed under Woodward because for him it's not about doing the right things it's about stroking his ego, the guy is literally playing real life football manager with our club.

Bwuk

Can't coach but came 3rd last season and beat Pep 3 times? Yeah right.

The club is toxic. Not even sure Fergie could rescue us. Wake up.
How come everyone’s went backwards in performance? How come we don’t look like we have a clue on the pitch?

We got lucky that Bruno came in with unbelievable form and carried us to third. We don’t have a game plan on the pitch at all and rely on individual brilliance.

He spent 130m on AWB and Maguire and both have dropped off massively since signing for us.

Wake up indeed.

SteveCoppellFan

The players are demoralized because after fighting to get into top 4,the owners have once again....failed. Oles not an issue. We should have gone into the season optimistic but instead all the negative press is due to the owners and their minions. They have frustrated the supporters. The players. The manager. They are in over their head. They bought into success but are losers
So much this.

How anyone cannot see this is beyond me, a lot of fans are just getting way too emotional and its clouding their thinking.

Ole did a great job last season to get us into the Champions League ( albeit a little fortunate ) but he just had to be backed over this summer to push on.

What has transpired over this period is nothing short of disgraceful and its not the first time its happened.

Unfortunately, we are run by some of the biggest idiots in football.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
How come everyone’s went backwards in performance? How come we don’t look like we have a clue on the pitch?

We got lucky that Bruno came in with unbelievable form and carried us to third. We don’t have a game plan on the pitch at all and rely on individual brilliance.

He spent 130m on AWB and Maguire and both have dropped off massively since signing for us.

Wake up indeed.
Because its plainly obvious Ed Woodward could make a nun swear. How can people still not see this?

Is Ole the best manager in the world? Clearly not. Is he the best manager we could get? No probably not.

Is Poch or whoever going to fare any better under these gobshites?

No!!!!!!!!!

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Need American based United fans to start targeting Tampa Bay Fuccaneers games. Do the gremlins go to the games?

midnightmare

Wake up indeed.
Let's be rational here and see things to date:
1. Rashford and Martial had the best seasons of their careers after completely stagnating (and even being accused of regression) under Jose. Ole is (by all accounts, including Bouhafsi) very respected by them - and specially Martial who Bouhafsi vouched for - for having improved their games. Oh and then there's Mason who's introduction to elite level has been the most planned I've ever witnessed. Flawless. But again, running the risk of running him into the ground because we refuse to pull our fingers out and sign an actual RW.
2. AWB played well - but was clearly run into the ground. Towards the beginning of our run, he drew plaudits for adding to the attacking side of his game. Got some assists too. By the end though, he was clearly shattered. He's young. Will have swings in form at times. Three games (two, actually) into this season and we're writing him off?
3. Maguire has been "effective" since he joined us and improved our back line - but he's been crap this season. If you want to be generous though, you have to hark back to Ole's points before the first game itself about how the summer's Greek incident has impacted him mentally. Issue is, can you drop him? For who? Lindelof? Jones / Rojo? Axel is injured. Mengi - who is rumoured to be excellent, but easily riled and just 18?

It was not just Bruno that "carried the team" to third. We played teams off the park during that run. That's not coincidence. We had an exceptional record in big games in the PL. Again, not coincidence or fluke (and we won those even without Bruno). Just like one Grealish could not win games all the time for Villa, one Bruno could not have sustained that run. At times, we won games with Bruno being very ordinary, barring scoring a penalty.

Without going into more detail, let's face the fact - Ed and the Glazers are 100% responsible for this mess.

Marcus

Ed Woodward - Yay! Signing players as late as possible means we save on wages (pats self on back and asks for more performance bonus from Glazers). Bloody bean-counters.

Revan

Assumptionman
Glazers, Ed and Ole needs to be out of the club for us to have any chance of becoming competitive for titles again. The more of them leave, the better, but unfortunately it is highly unlikely that the first two will leave.

Which means that Ole will get sacked sometime in the next 8 months or so, we will hire a better manager who will have a temporary improvement, and then we’ll go back to shit again. We have seen this movie a few times already.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Should be boycotting sponsors. I'm sure Chevrolet et al. would be nonplussed if #BoycottChevrolet etc. started trending and was attributed to Glazers running (ruining) of Manchester United.

Kaos

Should be boycotting sponsors. I'm sure Chevrolet et al. would be nonplussed if #BoycottChevrolet etc. started trending and was attributed to Glazers running (ruining) of Manchester United.
Tbh I’d imagine no one outside of the US buys their naff cars. Still worth the social media unrest mind you.

Someone mentioned spamming all their official tweets with #GlazersOut. A little desperate and petulant but worth a try.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
So we haven't changed a thing then. I'm personally not interested in this kind of myopia.

PS: I dont contribute even 1 penny to the Glazers and haven't done for 3 years
This is all anyone can do. Well done.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Woodward is the business equivalent of that bloke down your local who is always bragging about the size of his knob and how many gorgeous lasses he beds, but in actual fact everyone knows he is impotent, has a micropenis and a mrs with a face like a fire scarred arse cheek and the size of a small bungalow.

Water Melon

Woodward is the business equivalent of that bloke down your local who is always bragging about the size of his knob and how many gorgeous lasses he beds, but in actual fact everyone knows he is impotent, has a micropenis and a mrs with a face like a fire scarred arse cheek and the size of a small bungalow.
English is not my first, second or third language, but this made me chuckle and cry at the same time.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Not buying Sancho this window makes me physically ill. I won't be able to forgive that. I defend Ed a lot considering he has the ungrateful task of running a club with a set of owners that take large share dividends rather than invest in the club, but not stretching the coffers for Sancho, who by all accounts is a generational talent.. No. There is no excuse for that. The Glazer family undoubtedly put their foot down and said no to the expenditure, but Ed should have hammered the point home and have the funds made available.

Regardless of what happens, we missed out on our #1 target. So this entire transfer window is a nation wide embarrassment yet again.

midnightmare

Not buying Sancho this window makes me physically ill. I won't be able to forgive that. I defend Ed a lot considering he has the ungrateful task of running a club with a set of owners that take large share dividends rather than invest in the club, but not stretching the coffers for Sancho, who by all accounts is a generational talent.. No. There is no excuse for that. The Glazer family undoubtedly put their foot down and said no to the expenditure, but Ed should have hammered the point home and have the funds made available.

Regardless of what happens, we missed out on our #1 target. So this entire transfer window is a nation wide embarrassment yet again.
Woodward is a shareholder and gets his share of the dividends. Also, being on the Board gets bonuses that are paid to shareholders. So no, I have absolutely no doubt that he is an equal partner in this with the Glazers and not some innocent victim.

RedRover

Manager isn't good enough, but the problem is much bigger than that.

From a football perspective the club is hopelessly run. The inability to identify bring in players is incredible. Cavani sums it up - player available all summer on a free, signed with a day to go. Scattergun transfer policy and we're further back now than we were at the end of last season. There appears to be zero planning and a general naivety as to how things get done. No other big club has these problems.

If I were Pochettino (or any top level manager) I wouldn't want to work under Woodward. Set up for absolute failure from day one.

clarkydaz

From a football perspective the club is hopelessly run. The inability to identify bring in players is incredible. Cavani sums it up - player available all summer on a free, signed with a day to go. Scattergun transfer policy and we're further back now than we were at the end of last season. There appears to be zero planning and a general naivety as to how things get done. No other big club has these problems.

If I were Pochettino (or any top level manager) I wouldn't want to work under Woodward. Set up for absolute failure from day one.
What poch done with Spurs, he is the absolute jackpot for our board

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Woodward is a shareholder and gets his share of the dividends. Also, being on the Board gets bonuses that are paid to shareholders. So no, I have absolutely no doubt that he is an equal partner in this with the Glazers and not some innocent victim.
The Glazer family ultimately controls the board so Ed can't really do much. THAT BEING SAID: I made that comment because it's Ed Woodwards jobs as Director to do what is best for the club. A task he has failed at.

TrueRed79

Good to see protestors around OT yesterday. Such a pity no fans allowed in the stadiums. Glazers are going nowhere but Woodward simply has to go, or proper structures and DOF need to be installed in the club asap. The whole place is a mess. Sad to see.

The Irish Connection

This, this and this. The failure over the summer has allowed a negative vibe to creep in and settle. After working hard for top 4 to see Woodward overpromise and under deliver has been utterly demoralizing.

Other clubs like Real Madrid didn't spend much and they clearly told the whole world that they are broke and won't be spending big whilst Woodward talked a big game and spent the whole summer chasing an unattainable target just for social media buzz but he forgets that the fans, the coaches and players are human and his failure has crushed morale. The team feels the toxicity around the club and affects performances.

We have been successful before with the Glazers in charge and we certainly spend enough money to be successful but we won't succeed under Woodward because for him it's not about doing the right things it's about stroking his ego, the guy is literally playing real life football manager with our club.
Absolutely. Imagine coming third in the olympics and not getting your medal. The players must be thinking what’s the point in trying to push for top 4 or higher when every time we get there we allow everyone else to upgrade their team more than us. The club is allowing a negative culture to grow down from the top.

The Irish Connection

Good to see protestors around OT yesterday. Such a pity no fans allowed in the stadiums. Glazers are going nowhere but Woodward simply has to go, or proper structures and DOF need to be installed in the club asap. The whole place is a mess. Sad to see.
Can we get a million signatures on a petition for director of football?

Water Melon

Stop spending money on United tickets and merchandise and they will sell. Active protests in and around OT with some negative publicity will speed up this process. They treat United as their property but heavily rely on us fans, although consider us to be customers. Let's get back the Club to the very top and make it the biggest jewel in the crown of the football world again. It is all on us now. The Owners, the Board, the staff, the players will not or can not do anything, whereas we can do a lot.

GiddyUp

With the reputation we now have around Europe I'm sure coaches would be discussing amongst themselves a refusal to take the job unless Woodward is removed. A great start for a new potential manager would be a sitdown with the board and say it directly, Woodward has to go for us to rebuild correctly. Otherwise we will continue to slide, there's no doubt about it, unless Woodward and Ole are removed from their positions. They are no where near the top of their game and are dragging the club down with their struggles. I think Pochettino is the last and least risky roll of the dice for us if Woodward stays and Ole goes. If we hadn't of stolen a result against Brighton and they scored what they deserved we would be bottom after 3 games with 15 goals conceded. Those two are responsible for that.

RedRover

What poch done with Spurs, he is the absolute jackpot for our board
Would he? With no budget he did well but he didn't win trophies. That's not a dig at him by the way - my point is that to compete at the top level you need to be backed and be allowed to bring in the players you need.

And would he want to take that on again? He left Southampton to take on the Spurs job, probably knowing that he's have to perform miracles to break into the top 4 on their budget. His next job, you would imagine will be a step up. Why come to United with all that expectation if you're set up to fail? How is that going to help his career?

I would question why any top manager (assuming they have options) who would take on a job where you're expected to win, week in week out, but don't get the backing or have the structure above you to make that success possible. It's no coincidence that the top managers win trophies year in, year out at the clubs who can compete for the best players, nor why those manager move around those clubs every few years.

RedRover

With the reputation we now have around Europe I'm sure coaches would be discussing amongst themselves a refusal to take the job unless Woodward is removed. A great start for a new potential manager would be a sitdown with the board and say it directly, Woodward has to go for us to rebuild correctly. Otherwise we will continue to slide, there's no doubt about it, unless Woodward and Ole are removed from their positions. They are no where near the top of their game and are dragging the club down with their struggles. I think Pochettino is the last and least risky roll of the dice for us if Woodward stays and Ole goes. If we hadn't of stolen a result against Brighton and they scored what they deserved we would be bottom after 3 games with 15 goals conceded. Those two are responsible for that.
Bottom line, if I was a highly rated manager with options I would only take a job with the expectation that the United job comes with if I felt I would not only be backed to make decisions on players, but if I was confident that the club could actually deliver them.

clarkydaz

Would he? With no budget he did well but he didn't win trophies. That's not a dig at him by the way - my point is that to compete at the top level you need to be backed and be allowed to bring in the players you need.

And he want to take that on again? He left Southampton to take on the Spurs job. His next job, you would imagine will be a step up. Why come to United with all that expectation if you're set up to fail? How is that going to help his career?

I would question why any top manager (assuming they have options) who would take on a job where you're expected to win, week in week out, but don't get the backing or have the structure above you to make that success possible. It's no coincidence that the top managers win trophies year in, year out at the clubs who can compete for the best players.
Thats all our board are content with pal. Stay competitve and get top 4

RedRover

Thats all our board are content with pal. Stay competitve and get top 4
Thing is, the idea that we're a top 4 side on this form and with a squad as poor as that isn't nailed on by any stretch. It's already hit them in the pocket repeatedly over the last few years.